PAPA Fathom Tutorial

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
That is horrible! Swedish Fish are the best kind of fish! I just picked up up a 14oz bag at the store today coincidentally. I had to tone it down from the super-sized bag I got last time (something like 45oz).

I'd also be in favor of Fathom coming to TPA by the way. I've never played it but it looks like the kind of table I'd really like.

karl

May 10, 2012
Could someone explain what Swedish Fish is? Must be something awful if it is based on fish from Sweden ;)

N

netizen

Thanks. Sounds better than surströmming. The other known swedish fish :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surströmming

That's some smelly fish Karl

In 1981, a German landlord evicted a tenant without notice after the tenant spread surströmming brine in the apartment building's staircase. When the landlord was taken to court, the court ruled that the termination was justified when the landlord's party demonstrated their case by opening a can inside the courtroom. The court concluded that it "had convinced itself that the disgusting smell of the fish brine far exceeded the degree that fellow-tenants in the building could be expected to tolerate."

Jan 6, 2013
Someone said this is the closest table to Centaur as far as gameplay....that is all i need to here I WANT IT .I would also like to see Space invaders, Flash Gordon,Spirit,Volcano *1980 tables like that I really want Spirit guys we need that table go check it out on youtube if you have not seen it. If you want Fathom i think you would want Spirit too But we need some early 80s F.S come on now

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Skateball has the same twisted in/outlanes and it's fairly high ranked for a 1980 table. Fathom looks better, though, where I have to trust Farsight that they really bother.

karl

May 10, 2012
Someone said this is the closest table to Centaur as far as gameplay....that is all i need to here I WANT IT .I would also like to see Space invaders, Flash Gordon,Spirit,Volcano *1980 tables like that I really want Spirit guys we need that table go check it out on youtube if you have not seen it. If you want Fathom i think you would want Spirit too But we need some early 80s F.S come on now

It's no more like Centaur than any other machine from the same time period. With that said, they are both among the best and If you enjoyed Centaur your gonna love Fathom even more ;)

Sad to hear that Farsight does not have it on their radar at the moment. Maybe it's just to expensive to get a hold of. A nice Fathom would go for somewhere around 5-6 000 I would guess. It's one of the most sought after machines for collectors but the price is probably hard to justify for Farsight since the old machines are not the most popular.

PS! Flash Gordon would be nice also. Centaur, Fathom and Flash Gordon all came from Bally 1981, along with 8 ball de luxe, elektra, Embryon, Medusa and Fireball 2. What a year) Bring em all

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
This thread has had almost 900 views! And it's about a chubby guy playing a pinball machine from 1981!! Not on radar? Wah? Where's my Fathom, FarSight???? :)

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
After watching the tutorial, I also posted on the FB page. It's certainly unique enough to warrant inclusion into TPA.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts