PAPA Fathom Tutorial

karl

May 10, 2012
Something downer related happens every time I post on Facebook. Not done it in a while but after my Fathom request, Mike Morse came on, asking Farsight to please do not make that table. It's ok to disagree but to ask them to not do it is so classless that I want to fart in his general direction and tell him a few other things while I'm at it ;)

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
something downer related happens every time i post on facebook. Not done it in a while but after my fathom request, mike morse came on, asking farsight to please do not make that table. It's ok to disagree but to ask them to not do it is so classless that i want to fart in his general direction and tell him a few other things while i'm at it ;)

lol

karl

May 10, 2012
After watching the tutorial, I also posted on the FB page. It's certainly unique enough to warrant inclusion into TPA.

And from Kolchak:
Cool karl, I'll pile on.

Thanks for helping out Nightwing and Kolchak. It has more than 10 likes thanks to you helping out. A lot more than many other requests

Maybe a bump on Monday to keep Farsights attention when they log on :)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
And from Kolchak:

Thanks for helping out Nightwing and Kolchak. It has more than 10 likes thanks to you helping out. A lot more than many other requests

Maybe a bump on Monday to keep Farsights attention when they log on :)

I would also like to see (and play) more Bally tables from the "pre-WMS" era.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Something downer related happens every time I post on Facebook. Not done it in a while but after my Fathom request, Mike Morse came on, asking Farsight to please do not make that table. It's ok to disagree but to ask them to not do it is so classless that I want to fart in his general direction and tell him a few other things while I'm at it ;)

Yeah, he always does that when anyone suggests anything he doesn't like. He seems to only like modern pins. He has taken a big Facebook dump on my previous request for EM pins. I have a genuine dislike for his antics on there.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Yeah, he always does that when anyone suggests anything he doesn't like. He seems to only like modern pins. He has taken a big Facebook dump on my previous request for EM pins. I have a genuine dislike for his antics on there.

As do I. I ended up blocking him on FB so I don't have to read any more of his bs. Like I've said before - I have no problem with people who don't agree with my views - but at least be respectful about the other side's point.

Without being childish.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
-----------
I don't see why some ppl don't want more EM pins. They are often times better than present ones.:confused:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
-----------
I don't see why some ppl don't want more EM pins. They are often times better than present ones.:confused:

I'm with you David. Some of my favorites are EMs. But many people just don't enjoy them. I think a lot of it is that they haven't had a chance to play them.
My nephew says they are boring, not enough to do, and no multiball. I've made him play some EMs but he prefers the DMD era pins.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I will say one thing about EM's in TPA. I don't think they're digitized well enough. There's something about the mechanical feel of a real EM that's lost in the digital recreation. Nonetheless, I wouldn't mind a couple more, especially Fireball. That's one mean mo-fo IRL...and it has multiball too.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I will say one thing about EM's in TPA. I don't think they're digitized well enough. There's something about the mechanical feel of a real EM that's lost in the digital recreation.
Some Future Pinball tables provide a good EM feeling. Many tables are handicapped by the poor flipper function. Try Band Wagon! Accuracy isn't that important on that table.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I will say one thing about EM's in TPA. I don't think they're digitized well enough. There's something about the mechanical feel of a real EM that's lost in the digital recreation.

That something is fine grained control of nudging. Central Park is meant to be played with subtle skillful bumps to keep the ball out of those many types of drains. TPA's all-or-nothing full power whacks don't translate well at all to such games.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
That something is fine grained control of nudging. Central Park is meant to be played with subtle skillful bumps to keep the ball out of those many types of drains. TPA's all-or-nothing full power whacks don't translate well at all to such games.

If you play with a joypad, it's very easy to control your nudge power. I play on PS3 and to me it's a huge advantage.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I got to try this game out at PAPA and it was very ood for that era. I think it would be a good choice for TPA somewhere down the line.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I would love to see this made. Really cool table. I hope they spend a little more time in this era. I can think of 4-5 tables that would be great.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Farsight linked a buffalopinball post on their twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/buffalopinball/status/697804868006887424

Saw these on there an thought they belong here.

fathom_1981_f_1.jpg

fathom_1981_f_2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts