Patch 1.19 NA and 1.20 EU

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
[MENTION=5116]Michael[/MENTION]

If you read one of my comments later on, you would've seen that there was a delay in EU due to the submission process that I wasn't related in. I have an update on this though. There was a problem in regards to the rules for Season 6 in EU, I guess it was there since it was released. I looked at it; it seemed fine. They double checked and noticed there was nothing wrong. So it looks like that problem is "solved". I'm asking them when the new expected release date for EU is, and if we can bump it up because it was an error on their side.

I'm not blaming you for the delay, but did you ask and did you receive an answer? A week has passed now without further information, and the update is still not released for Europe.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I'm not blaming you for the delay, but did you ask and did you receive an answer? A week has passed now without further information, and the update is still not released for Europe.

We'll be releasing a patch tomorrow for the EU version tomorrow, which will probably be Friday morning in Europe. It'll address some lighting fixes, table crashes, and user high scores. We'll send out another patch the following week to address trial mode not working.

daduki

Feb 17, 2013
We'll be releasing a patch tomorrow for the EU version tomorrow, which will probably be Friday morning in Europe. It'll address some lighting fixes, table crashes, and user high scores. We'll send out another patch the following week to address trial mode not working.

Will it be released also for EU disc versions?
Thanks!

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Will it be released also for EU disc versions?
Thanks!

Yes, whenever I release for EU, I always release for the disc as well.

But here's an update everyone. I've been fixing up a lot of bugs that have popped up, and I've been working on lighting. QA is trying to test out everything related to trial mode and in game purchasing, so we need a few more days. I would've loved to have released today or tomorrow, but I feel that getting a better build out to EU and US this 23rd seems like a better idea. I'll post a new thread once I'm about done fixing everything entailing all of the fixes.

Again, sorry to EU for not being able to play the tables even though the tables were released to buy. I emailed Sony too late to delay releasing the tables to the 23rd, so they released it on the 17th. I feel that a few more days of waiting for a better build will be worth it though!

The M

Aug 20, 2017
Looking forward to being able to play Elvira and the Party Monsters again. I think the lighting looks better in many ways. I can read the lights better as they were pretty hard to read before at bright levels, but now they are brighter than ever, but clearer too. Too bright on some table like Scared Stiff. I noticed only a few tables seem to have any affect using the light bulb brightness. Scared Stiff works, but is really bright at even lowest setting and Circus Voltaire looks amazing to me. It's slider seems to work fine oddly enough. All others I have tested seem to have no effect with the slider, but I think the lighting is going in the right direction. The light in Circus Voltaire looks great. Will the fog lamps for Lights Camera Action ever be present on the PS4 version? I miss them. Looking forward to the next update. It is great to see these changes and the support here for us PS4 users finally!!! Also did notice my lighting setting have been saving as long as I finish a game. So seems that is not an issue for me at least. Anyone else still having the saving the lighting settings issue?

funchords

May 13, 2017
Tom & Farsight ... please take your time. The satisfaction of quality is far more important than the satisfaction of a quick release with problems.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The lighting is MUCH better now. I'm so glad it was addressed.

I am wondering if the screen shots on PSN, are actually from the PS4 version, or perhaps the PC port. They look incredible.
If they are that of the PS4 version, can someone please tell me which lighting settings were used here?

TPA-PSNStore-01-2018_07.png

TPA-PSNStore-01-2018_01.png

TPA-PSNStore-01-2018_06.png

http://www.videogameobsession.com/photodump/TPA/TPA-PSNStore-01-2018_04.png
http://www.videogameobsession.com/photodump/TPA/TPA-PSNStore-01-2018_05.png

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Here's a better comparison with an uncompressed (PNG) file which I just snapped with the internal PS4 share function.
Lighting is as follows: Room Brightness: 0, Bulb Brightness: 100%)

It looks as if maybe the gamma is off a bit on the PS4 version which makes it look a bit washed out. The colors are not as vivid as in the PSN Store version, which could also be, in part, due to the gamma issue. It also looks overly orange, and lacks the deep blue and purple colors of the PSN Store screens.

PSN Store screen

PS4 direct screen
PinballArcade-TOTAN-1.20-PS4-vgo.jpg

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
While the bulb lights do indeed have issues (0 to 100% makes little to no difference), it seems to me as if the overall brightness of the entire screen has been altered and is too high. Those flyers that show when loading tables absolutely blaze with too much brightness. Does it seem that way to anyone else?

SteveLate7

Sep 24, 2017

I would've loved to have released today or tomorrow, but I feel that getting a better build out to EU and US this 23rd seems like a better idea. I'll post a new thread once I'm about done fixing everything entailing all of the fixes.

Again, sorry to EU for not being able to play the tables even though the tables were released to buy. I emailed Sony too late to delay releasing the tables to the 23rd, so they released it on the 17th. I feel that a few more days of waiting for a better build will be worth it though!

I don´t believe any word. Still the same: Another delay, another excuse,...

I think it´s impossible to fix all the bugs in 3-4 days. Some players will find new bugs, and then it comes out 30th or much later.

I´m frustrated.

Last edited:

AndyD

Apr 27, 2017
Another date rolls around, and another let down. How many times is this, anyone keeping track? Absolutely laughable.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
The lighting is MUCH better now. I'm so glad it was addressed.

I am wondering if the screen shots on PSN, are actually from the PS4 version, or perhaps the PC port. They look incredible.
If they are that of the PS4 version, can someone please tell me which lighting settings were used here?

TPA-PSNStore-01-2018_01.png

TPA-PSNStore-01-2018_06.png

http://www.videogameobsession.com/photodump/TPA/TPA-PSNStore-01-2018_04.png
http://www.videogameobsession.com/photodump/TPA/TPA-PSNStore-01-2018_05.png

Looks like a pre-release build for the PS4.

You can see the reflections on the sword are of a much higher resolution on TOTAN. The choice was probably made for lower resolution cubemaps(?) to meet the 60fps target for console.

This also could explain why the lighting system looks different. TOTAN never looked like that at launch for console or PC. The purplish colors up top looks like a mix of the DX9 version. DX11 Genie toy is more grayish, while the DX9 Genie toy is more bluish. The bluish Genie looks like a carry over.

Here's the oldest video of TOTAN on the PS4. It's from the launch version. You can see the sword's reflection is low res.

As for Cirqus Voltaire the lighting was changed from pre release as well, with the neon tube only looking that way since launch, until the patch that introduced changing neon tube colors. That particular shade of blue tube color doesn't exist on either the PC or now PS4 version. (Or as far as I have seen)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Looks like a pre-release build for the PS4.

You can see the reflections on the sword are of a much higher resolution on TOTAN. The choice was probably made for lower resolution cubemaps(?) to meet the 60fps target for console.

This also could explain why the lighting system looks different. TOTAN never looked like that at launch for console or PC. The purplish colors up top looks like a mix of the DX9 version. DX11 Genie toy is more grayish, while the DX9 Genie toy is more bluish. The bluish Genie looks like a carry over.

Here's the oldest video of TOTAN on the PS4. It's from the launch version. You can see the sword's reflection is low res.

As for Cirqus Voltaire the lighting was changed from pre release as well, with the neon tube only looking that way since launch, until the patch that introduced changing neon tube colors. That particular shade of blue tube color doesn't exist on either the PC or now PS4 version. (Or as far as I have seen)

Thanks for the explanation.

It would be great if we could get the gamma closer to how the PSN shots look. With the table graphics still visable, yet not washed out looking.

PSN Store screen

PS4 direct screen
PinballArcade-TOTAN-1.20-PS4-vgo.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.