Patch 1.19 NA and 1.20 EU

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
@gameaddict It looks like your brightness settings do save if you finish a game after changing them.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks Tom!
It was a long time coming, so its so nice to have the lighting on the tables looking great once again. Not to mention, the Glowballs™ actually make it possible to see and play with the ambient room lighting down all the way.

Circus Voltair looks incredible!

Here are a few screens captured directly with my PS4. (PNG, then messaged to myself using the PSN app).
TPA119-CircusVoltair-vgo-1.jpg

TPA119-CircusVoltair-vgo-2.jpg

TPA119-CircusVoltair-vgo-3.jpg

TPA119-CircusVoltair-vgo-4.jpg

That being said, is anyone noticing a hint of latency on the flippers from 1.18 to 1.19?
It may just be because I haven't played it in months and have become a bit rusty, but it seems like it takes about 50ms or so between the button press and flipping movement.

Oct 15, 2013
Ok, I played a few games with each of the tables and I must say I was pretty impressed. The table boards looks clearer than before the update, although I was only able to play TOTAN, and the lighting seems nice at around 60 to 65 percent room and 70 percent bulb. I did have one bug though. It was with Swords of Fury. I was in the menus, not in a current game, and the standard goal for multi-ball popped! It seemed to correlate with the overlapping table music I mentioned earlier in the other thread. Luckily I was able to get the multi-ball on my own shortly after but I hope this doesn't happen with a wizard goal.

Also as previously mentioned the instructions on World Champion Soccer don't work when selecting a standard goal, the manual instructions do work. Also the ball is too dark. It would be great if it was more like the PS3 ball. Overall though nice job. The PS4 version is giving the PS3 version a run for it's money. The dynamic lighting is winning me over.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
Another bug, it seems World Champion Soccer is missing some sound effects. The ramp sounds seem to be missing. The table as a whole seems to be a little quiet as well.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Another bug, it seems World Champion Soccer is missing some sound effects. The ramp sounds seem to be missing. The table as a whole seems to be a little quiet as well.

I was running into a similiar sound glitch on Cactus Jack? It fixed itself after I rebooted the PS4.

kng273

Oct 22, 2017
Calm down dude youve asked the same question at least 3-4 times and its been exomplained.....you cant be THAT depsrate this isnt steam

Ok, maybe I have exaggerated. But they could at least give us some indication about a date, it's a commercial product, there should be a release date.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
@<a href="http://digitalpinballfans.com/member.php?u=382" target="_blank">spoonman</a>
On what lighting setings You played on Circus?

Room lighting at zero, and table lighting at 100%.
I haven't been able to play like this before, but the Glowballs make it possible. Definitely worth grabbing!

Same settings on TOTAN also.

Oct 15, 2013
I was running into a similiar sound glitch on Cactus Jack? It fixed itself after I rebooted the PS4.

Rebooted and still have no sound on the ramps of World Champion Soccer. I do have ramp sound on Cactus Jack's. I did do a fresh install of the game after the update. Might be worth it to fix any weird update problems. Don't delete your save data though!

Oct 15, 2013
Hey spoonman, so can you actually see the ball rolling around or is it just a static texture with the Glow-Balls? From your video it sort of looks like the ball is standing still with a colored shadow underneath it. At first it looked cool but then it looked like it wasn't really rolling. Maybe it's just Youtube video compression.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Also could you make a video or show a pic of them in normal lighting?

OK.

Here are a couple comparisons from Scared Stiff
(lighting on the first pic is Room: 0%, Bulb: 100%, and the other 2 are: Room: 100%, Bulb: 100%)

PinballArcade-ScaredStiff-1.20-PS4-vgo-1.jpg

PinballArcade-ScaredStiff-1.20-PS4-vgo-2.jpg

PinballArcade-ScaredStiff-1.20-PS4-vgo-3.jpg

Also, here's a video I made, showing off some lighting changes + the yellow Glowball. To answer your other question, the Glowballs are not static textures. They just look like regular pinballs, which are glowing. They don't show off quite as much detail only because they are very bright, but they do show a slight reflection, and the glowing light from it also appears on the table as well. Overall it looks good.

Here are some things to watch for. I came across some audio bugs, where the music completely cuts out and stays like that for a while. This happened twice during a 17 minute game.

Pinball Arcade (version 1.20) - Scared Stiff + Glowballs™ (yellow color)

Starts at Room W : 0%, Bulb Brightness: 100%
Changed to: Room: 20%, Bulb: 100% (1:44)
Game bug.... Music cuts off (4:33)
Changed to: Room: 0%, Bulb: 90% (8:00)
Changed to: Room: 100%, Bulb: 100% (10:04)
Changed to: Room: 40%, Bulb: 80% (11:32)
Changed to: Room: 10%, Bulb: 100% (12:36)
Game bug.... Music cuts off (14:08)
**Nudged ball save up through the outlane!* (14:34)

funchords

May 13, 2017

d.burke26

Sep 16, 2016
Hey everyone, I've already introduced myself on PS3 and Vita, and I'm finally making my rounds to the PS4 thread. I'm the new developer for Sony Pinball arcade. For the last four months, I've been trying to fix problems on all three platforms as well as catch up the PS4 to every other platform. I've had several delays on the PS4 unfortunately, but I finally think we have a solid release date that shouldn't be delayed. January 9th, 2018.

Anyways, I will be trying my best to fix a bunch of the bugs on PS4 as well as keeping up to date with monthly releases. The submission process on PS4 is a lot harder than the other platforms though and needs to be planned way ahead of the intended release date, so if there is ever a problem with release dates, it's usually there.

This patch is interesting because it's also 1.18 and 1.19 respectively. I made 1.18 but didn't publish it for bug reasons. So I will be posting both of the changelogs down here, so you guys know what you're getting. Now, you don't have to actually look here for the changelogs. I am a huge PS4 fan, so when I seen that the update history for every patch was "Various bug fixes", I knew that had to change. From now on, you can find the update history of every patch that I've done through the PS4's update history. To do this, go the Pinball Arcade application icon on the main menu or through your library, press options, scroll down to "Update History", and select it. This feature is supported in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish, and it should be cumulative from this point on.

It is to be noted that I started keeping a document with all the changes a bit late, so some of 1.18's bug fixes won't be listed unfortunately. All of 1.19's bug fixes that I did myself will be noted here though.

Patch 1.19

Features Added:
-Loading screen that shows the table's flyer
-Stern Ball Pack (Whoa Nellie!, Star Trek, Mustang, and Ghostbusters) is automatically unlocked if you own Ghostbusters

Bugs Fixed:
-Trapped ball in Cirqus Voltaire changes color every time you load table
-Ghostbusters main menu music is now playing correct song
-Wild Card and Spanish Eyes now point to correct instructions
-Wild Card and Spanish Eyes goal fixes
-Fixed challenge leaderboards pointing to right scores
-Fixed table leaderboards pointing to right scores
-Fixed flickering icon bug in owned table menu when you own exactly 5 tables
-Main menu background panning no longer shows black background
-Loading and saving text now shows up on the bottom of screen
-Text should no longer overlap, especially in foreign languages
-Correct logo will show up when you go from challenge menu to tournament all-time rank menu

Patch 1.18

The rest of season 6 has been added:
- Al's Garage Band Goes on a World Tour
- Cactus Jack's
- Swords of Fury

The beginning of season 7 has begun as well:
- Paragon
- Wipe Out
- Firepower II
- World Championship Soccer
- Fathom
- Ghostbusters

Season 7 has been updated with two new EM's:
- Spanish Eyes
- Wild Card

More ballpacks have been added:
- Stern Promo Ball Pack
- Glo Ball Pack
- Doctor Who Ball Pack

Trophies have been added for seasons 2 - 6
- If you've met the requirements for any of the trophies, it will unlock when you start the table

Features that have been added:
- Can now easily scroll through tables in leaderboards
- Shoulder buttons skip through tables in owned tables menu instead of scrolling

Various bug fixes
- Doctor Who: Master of Time plunger lane now lights up when ball is plunged

Miscellaneous:
- Fine tuning done for Fireball, Creatures from the Black Lagoon, Scared Stiff, Theatre of Magic, Cirqus Voltaire, Genie, and Big Hurt
- Black Knight and Creature from the Black Lagoon now have pro menus

As you can tell, this patch is huge. I hope it makes up for some of the delays that have happened while I've been here. Like I said, I'm a huge PS4 fan, so the fact that the game didn't have trophies for seasons 2-6 wasn't acceptable. There are limits on the number of trophies, points, and trophy groups, and this will be apparent in how some seasons of Pinball Arcade are handled. But at least all of the seasons now have trophies. I'll be curious to hear if there are any trophy hunters out there who will try to get them all. Or if someone will just get all of these trophies as they already completed all the goals.

To wrap up this lengthy post, I'm a PS4 super fan, and I want Pinball Arcade to finally be the best that it can be on PS4. Not only am I trying to keep it up to date and fix the bugs, but I am also trying to add new features when I'm not adding new tables. Hopefully, my patch will start to make up for some of the hard feelings that you guys have. I will keep my discussion of the new patch in here, and when the patch is released, please post in here if you're having any problems with it. If you have any questions, post them here, and I will try to address them.

TILTED DAN here like to say first of all thanks heaps for the great work but having troubles with the patch I got 1.18 but can't get the 1.19 patch and everyday waking up looking reinstalled several times EU looks dead ps4 again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts