Patch 1.21 NA and 1.22 EU

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Hey everyone. So the past couple weeks I've been working on the bugs that were unfortunately introduced into Pinball Arcade on the PS4. And I spent a lot of time on the lighting as well (I will go into that on a different post though). Here's the things that I added:

Patch 1.21
Features Added:
-Presence, which allows you to see what tables your friends are playing
-Added settings menu underneath main menu's options
-Added global table lighting values that change the lighting values for all tables
-Added brighter ball and option to turn off in settings

Bugs Fixed:
-Controller image now shows camera lock button
-Leaving table after beating friend but before posting will no longer prevent beating that friend
-Fixed Fireball crash
-Fixed Elvira and the Party Monsters crashroperly read in now
-Lighting settings are being properly read in
-Bulb brightness saves now
-Fireball doesn't crash on loadup
-Fixed bug where you lighting settings wouldn't save if same as last table's settings
-Friends leaderboards shouldn't show friends who don't play the game
-Fixed Creature from the Black Lagoon's flyer

So before I started working on the bugs, I managed to get a new feature into the game. Presence. You might've seen how one of your friends was playing Fortnite: Battle Royale, and it tells you how many left alive there are in their match. I added something similar to Pinball Arcade, but it says what table you or your friends are playing. Here are some photos showing it off.

Playing a table
https://imgur.com/LRKq254

Playing a challenge
https://imgur.com/h4eUrYp

Participating in a tournament
https://imgur.com/6bq6LPd

So another thing is that I added a lighting menu. This can be found through either the table pause menu or main menu, Options->Settings->Lighting. I decided to add two global lighting sliders, so that if you want all the tables in the game to be a certain value, yet you don't want to go through all 90 tables in the game and manually update them, you can do it through this. I personally like to have all the table on 0 table brightness and 100 bulb brightness.

Another reason I decided to make a dedicated menu was because I added a ball brightness feature. By default, this will be turned on for everyone, but you can change it if you like. It's just like PC where a light follows your ball around. Here are some photos of it.

Unlit
https://imgur.com/d7vrKt3

Lit
https://imgur.com/3OFqMKl

It's not insanely bright, but it definitely makes a difference. I'll be curious to see how you guys feel about it.It definitely helps when your table is 0 table brightness.

So that's about it for the most part. I've changed several other things, but I wasn't able to include them in the update history as I already requested translations. As for lighting, I'm going to create a separate thread for lighting, as it is a big thing. I will be trying to come in early tomorrow, so that I can get this patch out. I'd estimate the sometime in the afternoon though it'll be out.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Awesome news Tom! The extra features are a nice touch. Looking forward to digging into the update tomorrow.

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
Sounds very promising; but at this point, I hope you understand that I won't believe it until I see it. Last time my PS4 Pinball Arcade received an update was in early March 2017...

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Loving the progress so far! But when will the table bugs get fixed?
Like the missing textures in Monster Bash?
2ivy2ow.jpg

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Looking forward to being able to further tweak each individual table's lighting to my liking.

And to trying the new ball lighting. The dull default ball has been such a disappointment, this should be a nice change.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
[MENTION=45]jrolson[/MENTION]

I'll be going back to table bug fixes. Last patch I managed to do several, so I'll keep that up with every patch.

In regards to this patch, it is currently deploying. Unfortunately, the European patch was taking a while to get verified, so it took a bit longer for the patches to be able to be deployed. Expect the patches in an hour or so.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Fireball and Elvira work now. Safecracker tokens and scores were not restored. I will try loading a backup file I have and see if it reads.

Is anyone else getting a main menu bug with sound? There is no music on the pinball arcade logo screen. When you go to a table, it should play that table's music, but it now only works for about half of the tables. And if you start a table that doesn't play music, there will be no music at the menu, but it seems fine when you start a game (which is what is most important)

Edit: loading a save from pre patch 1.20 did not read. However it is now saving new high scores and newly earned safecracker tokens.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
[MENTION=1214]Tom[/MENTION] Before I knock myself out on the new tables and Safecracker, can you confirm whether or not you will try to get Pinball Arcade to read old saves? I would hate to earn new high scores on the new tables and have to chose between which save I want to keep if it is fixed at a later date.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Just to get something clear: is it currently reading old saves (e.g. those saved a while ago) properly? I'm assuming "new" saves overwrote the old saves, but if you haven't played a table before the bug appeared, that save should still be good, correct?

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
[MENTION=259]Gorgar[/MENTION]

Yeah, this sucks. I was hoping that as long as the save data wasn't deleted, the highscores would be able to be loaded in again. But what must've happened was the old scores were overwritten by the default scores. This sucks, and I can't do anything about that. But it doesn't make sense that you can't load saves from an old file. Do your goals show up at all when you load the old save?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts