Patch 1.21 NA and 1.22 EU

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
There are only a few tables where the room brightness can't be turned down far enough, one table where the room brightness is way too high is Ghostbusters.

Generally, I like like room 40, lights 60 and can vary those numbers to compensate for tables that don't conform to those settings. Lights are mostly uniform now, but the room brightness levels are still all over the place. Unfortunately, work eats up all my time and I can't go through and mention all the tables where I feel the room brightness is too high. I just happen to remember GB because it was a bit extreme.

I really like the lit ball, that is great. Haven't ran TPA with sound yet to be able to comment on that. Again, the lack of time during the week......

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks for plugging away at this, Tom! ^_^

The bright ball option sounds great, although I'm not sure yet if it'll tear me away from my neon Glo-Ball colors. 8 ) In any case, it's great to be able to see the ball again.

Update 1/29: The Bright Ball option is really nice! Subtle but effective. (Smart move making it the new default setting--can't really think of why anyone would ever want or need to turn it off, even.) And it makes the Glo-Balls even glowier! BD

Last edited:

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
The addition of the friends leaderboard on PS4 is a big step forward. But I do have a request though.

Would it be possible that on the Friends leaderboard, your own PSN-ID is displayed instead of the word "Me". On the Friends leaderboard on PS Vita (don't know about PS3) your own PSN-ID is displayed. Seeing your own PSN-ID seems more logical to me than the word "Me". This way everything is synchronised between al PS consoles.

Trendkill45

Jan 25, 2018
Tables are looking great now! Twilight Zone has some ball physics issues noticeable right at ball launch. Also I tried to change the ball skin and it crashed. Lights look much better on it though. Especially in the triangle. Hope it gets fixed in next update. I am personally testing the first five seasons. I'll keep posting my findings as I hope it is a help. Thanks Tom for working on this. Pinball Arcade is one of my favorite games ever.

Tom, I'd like to personally thank you and the team for bringing my beloved Twilight Zone to life on the PS4. I first played the table in 1993 when I was on a family vacation and being a lifelong fan of the series, I was immediately hooked. It's been my favorite table ever since. I've since played the game in multiple countries while I was on active duty, and for years I was convinced that at some point I was going to have to sock away enough money to buy an actual table, but you guys changed all of that, and I'm
forever grateful.
However.....since I patched to 1.21 last night, there is definitely something wrong. As The M mentioned, the ball physics are wonky. If you hold the plunger back, the ball does some sort of back and forth action in the launch lane, which makes Skill Shot pretty much impossible. Once a ball is actually launched, the ball is fired out of the Slot Machine too fast, making the initial dead-drop style of play that is a hallmark of the table nigh impossible. As much as it pains me to say it, the patch has pretty much broken the table. Help!

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
I have to say the same... The ball seems either smaller, lighter, or something to it... I haven't gotten to twilight zone yet, but the few that i have played have felt different... Especially when launching the ball... That's why i say it feels lighter because on Elviras Scared Stiff, I have to pull the plunger a lot further back than i have had to in the past to get a skill shot and it makes me feel like it's gong to launch out hard/fast, but it's still kind of weak even though i have it almost full power just about...

Another thing I'm noticing a LOT now is that the ball tends to go up the flipper lane and then to the drain lane... For example, if i try to hit the ball on the right flipper at the very end of it because I'm trying to go for the orbit on the far left side or a ramp on the far left side and instead of the ball going to that direction it ends up going up the flipper lane on the opposite side and then goes right into the drain lane on that side as well.... Kind of like on the scared stiff table and if I'm going for either this far left targets or the orbit ball lock lane and I'm hitting it off the right flipper.... I don't know what you call that lane that brings the ball to the flipper that is right next to the drain lane, but that's the one it will go up and then goes down the drain lane to the left... It does that a whole lot more now that I've noticed and its been on the older tables and the newer ones just added...

It does seem like the ball weight was adjusted on the world cup table? If that correct? I'm asking because it felt really floaty, slow and lighter than it is now, but it still seems like it needs adjusting... Or is it just me and there's been no adjustment to the ball physics on that table?

Oh i did also have a complete crash when i first loaded Word Cup atter i had played for awhile... It gave the same error i believe that the Elvira Party Monsters and fireball was doing when trying to start it... Itty only happened once and i filled out the report that came up and sent it off...

When i restarted the whole game and went straight back to World Cup, it was fine and no issues after...

That's all, but the ball definitely feels different...

funchords

May 13, 2017
I'd like to sustain the subjective, intuitive notion that something has changed WRT ball. Many of my muscle-memory shots and hand-eye calibrations fail when they used to work more reliably. And the ball doesn't go up the ramp with the same force and speed in Cirqus Voltair that it did prior to 1.21. It's subtle and loose but it seems real.

GIGAMAD

Jun 25, 2014
Thank you Tom for this last update! A huge step towards the original look and feel back when TPA was released for PS4! I play with 0-100 lighting and everything looks much as I remember it, though CFTBL still looks strange to me, like washed out or something. Maybe I have a wrong memory ;)
I'm experiencing the menu music issue too, but can live with it. Hope you can continue deconstructing the game to fix whatever went wrong long ago.
Thanks again for the update, and for keeping us informed!
Regards,

Mariano

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

funchords

May 13, 2017
Wow, Twilight Zone really did majorly break in this release. New bugs -- 1) pull back the plunger and the ball dances (major bug). 2) Ball comes out of the slot machine with ridiculous force (not as bad but bad). I won't be playing this table until these are fixed.

KayTwo

Apr 19, 2016
Does anyone else have a problem with the game freezing during start-up.

2 out of 3 times I try to play the game freezes at the ESRB rating screen. Sometimes after waiting 30 seconds the game starts up, other times, I can wait a minute and nothing happens.

This only started after the latest update.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Does anyone else have a problem with the game freezing during start-up.

2 out of 3 times I try to play the game freezes at the ESRB rating screen. Sometimes after waiting 30 seconds the game starts up, other times, I can wait a minute and nothing happens.

This only started after the latest update.
That may be a point at which it's trying to connect to some internet thing or other; if your internet connection is flaking out--or absent--that could be a cause of the delay.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
That may be a point at which it's trying to connect to some internet thing or other; if your internet connection is flaking out--or absent--that could be a cause of the delay.

Or PSN is having connection issues like it was over the weekend.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Is everyone having problems with the camera or is it only a couple of people? My camera works fine. I'm trying to get QA to reproduce it, but this is a weird problem.

@jean-polito

So what specifically is happening? Did the patch from the start not allow you to change cameras or did you mess with some settings? Is this happening on plunger or just table?

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I never seem to have any issues with changing the cameras, just that some tables have oddball angles compared to the rest of the tables. (too low) Maybe a couple tables will get stuck in multi-ball camera mode after going back to one ball play, and it usually clears itself after they all drain, but that's about it for me.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
I never seem to have any issues with changing the cameras, just that some tables have oddball angles compared to the rest of the tables. (too low) Maybe a couple tables will get stuck in multi-ball camera mode after going back to one ball play, and it usually clears itself after they all drain, but that's about it for me.

That's what I've had as well, mostly the camera getting stuck when a multi-ball mode starts. It either goes up, like if it's the single ball and is zooming in when the ball goes towards the top and most of the time that happens its when i have the zoom feature off, sometimes it seems like that has a mind of its own cause multi-ball will start and then the camera will sometimes zoom out to like show more of the table, but i usually have the camera on like 2 or 3...

I noticed i had event mode and multi-ball camera checked i think it was and then i unchecked it and it wasn't as bad... The one camera angle that i know changed or seems weird is the terminator 2 launch camera... I could have sworn you could see the skill shot targets more from a side like view as opposed to how it is now where its a bird's eye view of those targets.... I think that's how it changed to again after you locked the balls and go for the target to start multi-ball or get the jackpot, i don't know if that's because i changed the event camera and multi ball camera or if that was part of the tuning?

Another camera issue I've had before, haven't tried the table since latest patch, but on like monster bash, when a multi-ball would start it would sometimes change to the plunger camera view, so then you would have to cycle right away to try and see the full tables and flippers, scared stiff was another that would do that sometimes... Oh and circus volitire or however its spelled was the one that changed to the camera view that zoomed in on the head like when it raised up... That happened after the latest patch and that's what got me to uncheck those settings...

I'll check again with them checked and unchecked and see if i can produce it again... I'll also try to record or stream while doing it so i can have proof of it...

The other camera oddity is on Ghostbusters I've noticed the most and i think it was more in Stern PBA since i was playing that before the latest updates on the regular PBA, is when a multi-ball mode would start or be on, it would still sometimes zoom towards the upper play field, even when there is more than one ball out... Its supposed to stay in the zoomed out view when multi-ball starts, but since it sometimes will go to it, i will put the camera lock on when the multi-ball starts and the once it ends i will then take the lock toggle off, i usually have the lock of so i can see the roll over lights a little better...

Speaking of Ghostbusters, is there going to be any adjustments to the physics on that table? It feels like the things that shoot the balls out of the holes oh the play field feel to soft as they don't always bounce off the opposite flipper... Originally when it came on Stern PBA, i thought they shot out to hard and that's was because i was just used to the regular version of the table and never played the one with the extra ramp and then i saw videos of the premium version and they do shoot them out to the opposite flippers so they bounce off to the other one, but I the regular PBA version, it doesn't seem the same as the Stern PBA version.... Also on both versions, it feels like the ball bounces around way to much in the bumper area... On real tables, the ball doesn't stay up there in the bumpers as long...

But I'll definitely get some time on tonight and see what i can produce with camera views...

Members online

Members online