PC Release news

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I should also mention as long as your hardware is reasonable. We don't know what the system requirements are yet. But you'll at least need a DirectX 9 capable graphics card.

Please don't complain that it doesn't run on your Pentium 2 with a RIVA TNT2 graphics card. :D

Cedge

Mar 23, 2012
Hey Mike, or any other FarSight staff: any word on what's going on with Steam? I'll be honest, I sort of hesitate these days, buying my new PC games anywhere other than Steam. Keep at it, and let us know what develops!

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Im also hoping it comes to Steam, but hearing from other developers it sounds like Steam is a pain in the neck to work with...

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Well, besides the usual issues everything has running on Vista. It's hard to maintain stability when the OS keeps falling out from under you. :p
Dunno where you've been these days but whatever issues Vista had with programs, it has been fixed in updates years ago. I don't have any problems at all with Vista and I've been using it for quite some time now.

About the Steam issue, is there any reason why you guys can't simply sell the game right on your website? At this point it sounds like a better solution.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
About the Steam issue, is there any reason why you guys can't simply sell the game right on your website? At this point it sounds like a better solution.

I assume FarSight wants to maximize the exposure of The Pinball Arcade to a wide audience and distributing TPA through Steam would accomplish this. Distributing through their own website should be an absolute last resort since their product would get little exposure outside of die hard pinball fanatics like ourselves.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
True, but word of mouth does wonders as well. Tell all your friends and strangers about the game and provide a link to their website. Post about the game in various social media sites and forums. Everyone wins!

*NB4"idonthaveanyfriends"and"thatsahorribleidea."*

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
True, but word of mouth does wonders as well. Tell all your friends and strangers about the game and provide a link to their website. Post about the game in various social media sites and forums. Everyone wins!

I'm doing my part and will continue to do so. I've already talked more than 50 people into buying TPA on their mobile devices and have over a hundred more that have committed to buying TPA on their respective platforms. Unfortunately, most people won't put in as much effort as most of us die hard pinball fanatics.

By the way, I've never done anything to this extent for any other game in my life, but I truely believe if we don't take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity, we may never see another developer bother with going after licensed pinball tables to the extent FarSight is. I'm behind FarSight 110% and I'm riding this for as long as it lasts.

Last edited:

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Wow, good going! It's true that putting it on their website won't give them as much exposure, but I'd rather have them do that at first and get it out the door sooner than waiting for who-knows-how-long waiting for Steam to say 'yes' before we can even get a hold of the game. They're such a pain and it's a sure sign they don't care much for pinball.

I know patience is a virtue, but it kinda sucks that PC players can't play the game while everyone -else- can play it on their respective platforms since it'd be released long before it comes to PC.

N

Nik Barbour

What happend to good ol' days when games where released first on PC and then on consoles. :confused: sigh...

Remember the 'Turbo' button on pc's, I had a 486 with a little LED panel and a button that let you run at either 16 or 33MHz. Which idiots ran em on 16!
Ah the good old days.

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
Did you guys see this on Facebook...

"Our best guess is that the PC version will be available in May or June. If you want to help us - please email Steam with requests for our game and questions as to when it will be coming out. Thanks!"

Anyone here email Valve or have any idea how we can start a little campaign? I'm not even sure where the best place to email Valve about Steam is!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm in the same boat: I'd certainly love to email them, but I don't know which email address would be the most effective?

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
There is no doubt in my mind I am getting this for PC and hopefully via Steam (sent them an email requesting steam carries TPA). The main reason I want it for PC is because I can use the most comfortable control pad I have ever owned, the NYKO AIR FLOW EX PC / MAC controller. Never has a controller felt so good in my hands, the shape is perfect, the L2 and R2 buttons are very comfortable which is great for pinball! The other two great things about this controller is the software is great and because it has a fan inside it, it cools and drys your hands while you play!

If you game on a PC or Mac and don't use this controller, I really don't know how you have been surviving. The only two drawbacks are it is not wireless and does not have a rumble feature but the positives outweigh the negatives in this case.

here is some geek on YouTube reviewing the controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-e-A3K9bzo&feature=fvsr

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
If the PC version supports pincabs i don't like the idea of it being on Steam. There has to be a better distribution method, I have a Steam Account and just wouldn't want to have it running on a machine that i have dedicated to a pincab, where the idea is to have as little running as possible. I would rather purchase a physical disk or a digital download option. I know that is the minority and most will probably just run on their machines in landscape mode but to be able to fully support a cabinet is likely the main draw for having this on a PC and would secure another purchase from me. Elsewise I can just enjoy it on my large set on the 360.

Members online

Members online