PC tournament starting on June 29

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I had a +1M bounty, one ball, 72M high noon game and ended at 280 million. There's something going on in that table I don't get. It's probably something to do with where the non-bounty bonus amount comes from, but I haven't been able to find any information on that online.

After High Noon I was doing nothing but Gold Mine Multiball solidly for 8 minutes or so, feeding the loops. I think that the jets help to feed the bonus; VE may have been onto that in the game strategy thread.

Gold Mine probably contributed nicely to my total as well since when I was down to 1 Jackpot lit I shot for it to reset them and get the Mother Lode multiplier. Maybe only 20-30M or so but I think I did okay out of it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
After High Noon I was doing nothing but Gold Mine Multiball solidly for 8 minutes or so, feeding the loops. I think that the jets help to feed the bonus; VE may have been onto that in the game strategy thread.

Gold Mine probably contributed nicely to my total as well since when I was down to 1 Jackpot lit I shot for it to reset them and get the Mother Lode multiplier. Maybe only 20-30M or so but I think I did okay out of it.

We were playing Cactus Canyon Continued in my league tourney yesterday. So the bonus maxes out at 5x (!) and hitting the gold mine is soooo much tougher because the ball refuses to go in unless the mine has raised up some, unlike in TPA. Scoring is much more balanced, but none of us in my group could figure out exactly what triggered certain modes to start mainly because there's no markings on the playfield for them. Anyway, much better code for tournament setting than regular CC.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
We were playing Cactus Canyon Continued in my league tourney yesterday. So the bonus maxes out at 5x (!) and hitting the gold mine is soooo much tougher because the ball refuses to go in unless the mine has raised up some, unlike in TPA. Scoring is much more balanced, but none of us in my group could figure out exactly what triggered certain modes to start mainly because there's no markings on the playfield for them. Anyway, much better code for tournament setting than regular CC.

Maxing bonus at 5x would make it a race to get 2 High Noons in the 20 minutes. I guess it's doable, but would be very tight. There are no shortcuts.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
FINALLY got Co1812 to recognize a rollover, on the 5th try. I got the rollover very carefully with a spinner shot that rolled from 99,99x,000 to 10,000. Also I made sure to end the game, to the enter-initials screen, rather than letting the time run out. Don't know which of those if either made the difference, but something did.

Now to see if I can grab any more positions on Teed Off, Cactus Canyon, or Victory. CC is by far the most fun of those to actually play and will probably get the most shots.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Any chance our tournament scores can be applied to the leaderboards, if we happen to get new high scores on said tables?

Haunted House: 2,677,430
Tee'd Off: 4,022,385,210
Class of 1812: 153,354,780

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Any chance our tournament scores can be applied to the leaderboards, if we happen to get new high scores on said tables?

It has been requested since... tournaments exist in TPA. XD

The funny thing is that your local hisghscores are tracked even in a tournament game, as if you beat one of them, the game asks you to enter your initials. But the score is not saved.

© Farsight Fun Facts

invitro

May 4, 2012
FINALLY got Co1812 to recognize a rollover, on the 5th try. I got the rollover very carefully with a spinner shot that rolled from 99,99x,000 to 10,000. Also I made sure to end the game, to the enter-initials screen, rather than letting the time run out. Don't know which of those if either made the difference, but something did.
Thanks, v.e.. I got 154M and the rollover didn't take, tried a few more times, tried to let score go over 100M slowly but I was in multiball and I'm not so skilled at that anyway... drained and bonus count finished with 0:04 left, my 128M now shows on the leaderboard.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Haunted House has the same problem as some of the other tables reported. It will fail to register rollovers randomly.
I got 3,161,170, my high score by quite a bit, and it didn't take. I think I lasted the full 20 min, so if I can last that long again, I'll drain a few seconds before the timer expires, as v.e. mentions about Co1812.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yeah I gave Haunted House some more shots instead of CC so far, since HH is the table where I have the most positions available to pick up. Got 2.5M but only registered 0.5M. I went to time rather than ending the game. So ending the game might be the key to recognize rollovers on these problematic tables.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
And got 424M on Cactus Canyon in the final hour. In the most boring and narrow way possible. Got the 1M bonus bounty twice, then just pounded Gold Mine for twenty minutes to rack up 80 x 4.5M bonus.

And something weird happened on Haunted House. The scoreboard says 3.75M but unless I miscounted my own rollovers, the game was actually 2.75M. It wasn't any particularly great run, just kept the game alive for 20 minutes and that was about it. But somehow TPA detected an extra rollover this time. I may have restarted a previous game after passing 1M and TPA may have failed to clear out that previous rollover.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
And something weird happened on Haunted House. The scoreboard says 3.75M but unless I miscounted my own rollovers, the game was actually 2.75M. It wasn't any particularly great run, just kept the game alive for 20 minutes and that was about it. But somehow TPA detected an extra rollover this time. I may have restarted a previous game after passing 1M and TPA may have failed to clear out that previous rollover.

3.75M is definitely possible I think, although the scoring on the table is obfusctated enough that I'm not totally sure. I played through HH three times during the tournament, and all the scores went between 3.1 and 3.4M, with one getting not registered and ending at 335k.

I really wish farsight would fix the various rollover bugs regardless. That stuff's been in basically since the game launched.

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
Yay, place 66 of nearly 400 players. Not good enough for silver, but top 20% isn't a bad start either.
I wish my 1,2B on teed off would have recognized and redoing my 47M on victory (personal highscore) also would have been nice.
But hey, I had some fun. When does the next tournament start?

karl

May 10, 2012
Yay!! I got 2nd place with an amazing 21 players on board in Gold. I am betting that my final score would not even get me to silver if it had been the bronze tournament, if it was 400 players over there.

Glad to hear that there was so many in Bronze. If there was ca 500 players total in all 3 tournaments, that is not bad at all for Steam. Especially since it is the first one.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yeah the tiers in this tournament would've been skewed because of so many new players. Silver in the next tournament will be nasty.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yay!! I got 2nd place with an amazing 21 players on board in Gold. I am betting that my final score would not even get me to silver if it had been the bronze tournament, if it was 400 players over there.

Once you're in gold, it's not terribly difficult to stay. That being said, a whole slew of killers just gained silver status, and they'll be dropping into gold the month after that.

Oh, and way to go! 2nd is nothing to sniff at.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I missed out on joining Silver by one place. I'm first loser! Had a certain users been eliminated as a hack like he should have, I woulda just squeaked in. I actually missed out by 10 minutes. After watching a movie last night and realizing the tourney was still going, I checked my scores and realized I only had to barely improve on my Space Shuttle score to move up where I needed. I finally got said score, but the tourney had already ended. Wah-wah.

Oh well. That's what I get for throwing a little snit fit over this thing!

invitro

May 4, 2012
3.75M is definitely possible I think, although the scoring on the table is obfusctated enough that I'm not totally sure. I played through HH three times during the tournament, and all the scores went between 3.1 and 3.4M, with one getting not registered and ending at 335k.
You had a 2.0M also.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Does anyone have the scores of the gold and silver tourneys? Or the standings?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts