PC v1.25.10 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alystair

Sep 22, 2013
I just double checked the major TZ bug - it's not resolution dependant and easily reproduced, just get into multiball mode and one of the balls will remain in the plunger area without being launched. I'm still classifying this as a stopper bug.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Could anyone else please confirm the issue I'm having with TZ table?

OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760
Ram: 8Gb
Version: 1.25.10
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1280x1024

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

I've also had this issue, as have others. Check out the TZ forum, there is a thread there as well.

All in all I've noticed a ton of other collision-detection issues recently. I've seen the ball go straight through Bigfoot's outstretched arm and down the Bigfoot's Cave feeder in WW. I know that sometimes it happens even on a real table, because the diverter doesn't fire quickly enough. Shouldn't happen in a virtual pin though, and i definitely saw the ball go straight through.

The ball lock in SS is also problematic.

So, yeah, it's not just you, and it's not just isolated to TZ, though TZ has the greatest problems because of the double plunger lane.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Bug: Collision detection on STTNG, particularly hard-hit shots to Command Decision.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760
Display Resolution: 1280x1024

Frequency of Occurrence: 50%

Balls hit into Command Decision will sometimes go right through the back of the wall and round the back of the orbit, completing a spinner orbit. The harder the hit, the more likely this is to happen. It doesn't always happen, and it's only mildly annoying when it does since it's not that important of a shot most of the time.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I think I have reported this literally a dozen of times now but hey, hope dies last...

Title Bug: Flashers on CV are broken
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 650m
Ram: 8GB
Version #: 1.25.10
Display Mode: Full screen
Display Resolution: 1680x1050
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
Expected Result: The orange/red flashers around the edge of the playfield should contribute to the light show - one prominent example: During ball lock, all flashers fire after each other to a drummroll.
Comment: The are just a dull orange for the entire game. They have been working during beta, but have been broken since vs 0.015.

This should be fixed in tomorrows release.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The Super Skill Shots where you hold down the flipper before hitting the plunger on games such as MM and AFM do not work. Pressing the plunger drops the flipper for a second before it returns to it's hold position. It will not launch the ball and give a shot at Super Skill Shot.

JavaJack

Jun 25, 2012
General - ToTaN - After defeating the genie, game goes into infinite loop ball search with dead flippers and I had to exit, losing my best score to date.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560Ti
Ram: 9GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.26.12
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time (this is first and only time I've ever beaten the genie)

Expected Result: After watching the defeat genie animations (DMD displays "YOU WIN", girl kisses hero, they fly slowly across a sunset on their flying carpet while you collect a 20M reward), resume gameplay.

Actual Result: After watching the defeat genie animations, game permanently stuck with "PLAYER 1 PLEASE STANDBY" flashing on DMD. Flippers do not flip. All playfield lights are flashing. Every ten seconds or so, the game initiates a ball search (all coils fire). Calling the attendant says "Ball not stuck". Mashing the nudge keys like crazy did not trigger a tilt. I was forced to exit the game from the menu, losing my best score to date.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
1. TWILIGHT ZONE - TABLE BROKEN! Auto-launcher feed error!
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660M
Display Resolution: 1280x1920 (portrait)

Comment: Once you get certain missions, the auto-launcher does not fire the balls correctly, so they all jam up in the shooting ramp. This also breaks the gumball machine, which cannot be reloaded ever again once emptied. The table then loses count of balls on table and ends game prematurely. This is a severe TABLE BREAKING issue and I can no longer play the table anymore.

This is 100% consistent in Fast Lock mission. Here's a screenshot once fast lock mission begins. This also happens after "Lost in the Zone" and other modes, the balls simply pile up in the launch area.
SELOPrC.jpg

2. TWILIGHT ZONE Camera wall still broken
Simply put, the wall between the camera and gumball drop is still too small and fast balls going into camera end up in the gumball drop zone, resulting in the ball not doing anything and being ejected via slot machine.

Same issues here. :(

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Table: TWILIGHT ZONE
Issue: Camera locks at plunger during 3-ball multiball
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon
Ram: 4GB
Version #: 1.26.12
Display Mode: Full Screen Windowed
Display Resolution:
Frequency: every multiball (~100%)

Many times camera can be switched back to playfield with C. CC played without error before.

EDIT: This can be used to leave one ball at the plunger or even 2 and playing with the remaining one until it drains.

Last edited:

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Table: Attack From Mars
Issue: Physics - Collision detection with lock diverter.
Graphics Card: Dual nVidia GeForce GT750m in SLI
Version #: 1.27.4
Display Resolution: 1920x1080
Frequency: 100%

The lock ramp / chute has a diverter in it that should pop out after lock is lit. You fire it full speed around the ramp to light lock, then afterwards a diverter wall should be there to "scoop" the ball into the upkicker. Slow shots to the lock when lock is lit work (so slow they don't have a chance to go up the ramp) but a fast shot will just ignore the diverter and carom around the ramp.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Table: Cue Ball Wizard
Issue: Ramp Bulbs not in correct order
Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 465
Version #: 1.27.6
Display Resolution: 1680x1050
Frequency: 100%

image-12.jpg

1399350_653019291385801_1579106184_o.jpg

Stephen Snow

FarSight Employee
Oct 11, 2012
Title Bug: General - Menu/High Speed - memory usage exceeds 400mg by the time table list appears, exceeds 550mb during game play
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 580 Driver v335.23
Ram: 16GB
Version #: 1.25.10
Display Mode: “Windowed/Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “1920x1200”

Frequency of Occurrence: “100% of the time”

Expected Result: Something less than 550mb RAM utilization
Actual Result: Exceeds 550mb RAM use during game play
Comment: Seems excesive

Why does this seem excessive?

2n2

Apr 15, 2012
Title Bug: General - all tables
OS Version: Windows 7 - 64 bit
Graphics Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660Ti
Ram: 8 GB
Version #: 1.27.6
Display Mode: Windowed
Display Resolution: 1280x720
Comment: Still getting image artifacting in 1280x720 windowed mode and post-processing ON.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
1. TWILIGHT ZONE - TABLE BROKEN! Auto-launcher feed error!
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660M
Display Resolution: 1280x1920 (portrait)

Comment: Once you get certain missions, the auto-launcher does not fire the balls correctly, so they all jam up in the shooting ramp. This also breaks the gumball machine, which cannot be reloaded ever again once emptied. The table then loses count of balls on table and ends game prematurely. This is a severe TABLE BREAKING issue and I can no longer play the table anymore.

This is 100% consistent in Fast Lock mission. Here's a screenshot once fast lock mission begins. This also happens after "Lost in the Zone" and other modes, the balls simply pile up in the launch area.
SELOPrC.jpg

2. TWILIGHT ZONE Camera wall still broken
Simply put, the wall between the camera and gumball drop is still too small and fast balls going into camera end up in the gumball drop zone, resulting in the ball not doing anything and being ejected via slot machine.

I cannot confirm #1 yet, but I can confirm #2 in the latest version 1.27.6. I'll probably need to investigate further.

Table: TWILIGHT ZONE
Issue: Camera locks at plunger during 3-ball multiball
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon
Ram: 4GB
Version #: 1.26.12
Display Resolution:
Frequency: every multiball (~100%)

Many times camera can be switched back to playfield with C. CC played without error before.

EDIT: This can be used to leave one ball at the plunger or even 2 and playing with the remaining one until it drains.

This has been brought up many times, yet I have not experienced this. As I said, I'll have to experiment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.