Pinball After Dark

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
If I could fill my home page with TPA apps that would be fine by me.

Whatever FarSight needs to do to keep the tables coming, and stay profitable.

In 30+ years of gaming, I have never gotten as much bang for the buck as I have with TPA.

And as a software developer myself, I am repeatedly impressed with FarSight's ability to produce even one table per month with as few bugs as they do.

My only concern is that they are able to do it for a very, very long time to come.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
There has been some talk of Capcom's Big Bang Bar. Has anyone from FarSight ever mentioned a serious interest in this table?

Yes, they have. FarSight has said though that it would be near impossible to put out on mobile platform, same as Stern machines of recent. I have no doubt that if they did push forward with BBB, we'd also see Kingpin and the other Capcom pins who's names escape me at the moment.

This does make for an interesting thought though...what if TPA After Dark, being a separate app, was ONLY put out for PC and Playstation? In which case they could go ahead and use the processing power to make these other tables, all the while knowing that once the mobile platforms can handle it, the tables are already done.

Jeez, now I'm thinking like the people in the table speculation threads!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
maybe this is a way for FS to get on Xbox1 since TPA released on PS4 and MS not letting companies release games on thier system enless its simultaneous.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It would be fantastic to have the Capcom games. They are so rare. I wanted to go play BBB at the National Pinball Museum in Baltimore but the last two times I've been it has been closed.

So is that the reason Xbone doesn't have TPA because they failed to offer a simultaneous release with PS4?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
from what Ive read most likely but you cant blame FS sony wanted launch games and was out before xbone MS can miss a couple million $ and not break a sweat FS on the other hand would be stupid to wait for xbone and given thier past probably just said F's it! and its not like TPA was a playable demo during E3 for xbone.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
from what Ive read most likely but you cant blame FS sony wanted launch games and was out before xbone MS can miss a couple million $ and not break a sweat FS on the other hand would be stupid to wait for xbone and given thier past probably just said F's it! and its not like TPA was a playable demo during E3 for xbone.

No, it's the smart move. Beside they can't realistically expect to have a huge XBLA following after the 360 debacle. If it isn't for XBONE then I think the people using that aren't taking it as a big surprise. I am honestly not surprised but I am disappointed if MS is trying to strongarm indie developers that way. They are a big company so what do they care but the fans miss out. Yet another bad policy by them if that's the case.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I really don't get why scared stiff has family mode on. All the innuendo will simply fly right over any kids head. Heck, the only one i can really see causing questions is "another notch for my bedpost"

Also, i've been unable to do the fatality in CFTBL (the one where you knock the peeper's head off with blood and everything). the "choking fatality" and blowing up the snackbar do work though.

Though if they redo it for pinball after dark, they should have different goals. like one of them being giving elvira multiple jackpots (it pops when the rom plays the sound effect)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I really don't get why scared stiff has family mode on. All the innuendo will simply fly right over any kids head. Heck, the only one i can really see causing questions is "another notch for my bedpost"

Also, i've been unable to do the fatality in CFTBL (the one where you knock the peeper's head off with blood and everything). the "choking fatality" and blowing up the snackbar do work though.

Though if they redo it for pinball after dark, they should have different goals. like one of them being giving elvira multiple jackpots (it pops when the rom plays the sound effect)

FarSight said last year that if a game had a family mode, that is what they'd put out.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
FarSight said last year that if a game had a family mode, that is what they'd put out.
Family mode sucks. There. I said it. At least add a "family mode" option to the options menu so that users can play the full package and still unlock goals and post to leaderboards. I scored like 30 million in Scared Stiff. No goals achieved and no posted score on the leaderboards all because I refuse to play on "family mode".

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Family mode sucks. There. I said it. At least add a "family mode" option to the options menu so that users can play the full package and still unlock goals and post to leaderboards. I scored like 30 million in Scared Stiff. No goals achieved and no posted score on the leaderboards all because I refuse to play on "family mode".

I was going for all the goals and then switch over to "normal mode", but I haven't managed to get the damned spider filled up (on PS3). Now I have moved over to PC so I might give it a new whirl. But yeah, I agree that changing *only* family mode should not invalidate achieving goals and post high scores.

invitro

May 4, 2012
This After Dark business sounds like a horrible idea to me. But I've gotten used to it. I wish they could just make new tables and fix bugs. I guess that's too boring.

Grumble grumble get off my lawn.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I don't normally bother with "PRO" mode, but I paid the admission on Scared Stiff just so I could play the table as the original developers intended. Isn't that the whole purpose of TPA? Preserving pinball tables as they were originally intended? No broken flippers, burned out light bulbs, back end raised off the floor, or "Family mode," for that matter. Well, they got 3 out of 4 right, at least... :p

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
tried pro mode?

its a ratings thing, with the amkunt of seprate pinball apps i have on ios im ok with it

Not gonne pay to get what i should have for free.

After the bull **** reasons for the price raising and the pro buy in crap. I totaly lost the hunger to fully support farsight.

And i was a mayor fanboy before.

Dec 7, 2013
I think the Play Boy tables are givens.

SouthPark, Big Bang Bar, Xenon (pretty raunchy art in places), 8-Ball Deluxe (pool is an adult theme, not all of them have to be sexual), Sopranos probably, maybe Stern Nascar (again a brand that appeals to adults) would b e a good start.

Even if only one "season" is done, 10 or so tables, it'll be a worthwhile effort. More pinball is great in any form! I'm excited for this new app.

Dec 7, 2013
This After Dark business sounds like a horrible idea to me. But I've gotten used to it. I wish they could just make new tables and fix bugs. I guess that's too boring.

Grumble grumble get off my lawn.

I think it's ambitious. How much "adult" content is even on mobile platforms? Yet how many adults own smartphones and tablets... I think it's a great idea that could pull a lot of that demographic away from crappy slot machine apps.....

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
There's probably not a lot on tables that can fit the adult oriented table theme.
But as far as we know, nothing tells us they will release one table a month. Who knows maybe a table every 3 months...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts