Pinball Arcade now on Steam Greenlight!

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Crossing My fingers on it being released today, it looks like TPA is actually at #31 right now!

01 faceless 10972 votes
02 Elsworld 2079 votes
03 blockland 2077 votes
04 huntsman 1780 votes
05 Unepic 1744 votes
06 edge of space 1630 votes
07 DLC Quest 1510 votes
08 Receiver 1207 votes
09 Asylum 1206 votes
10 Melodys Escape 1193 votes
11 Guncraft 1146 votes
12 LA-Mulana 1093 votes
13 Incredipede 1089 votes
14 Akaneiro 1080 votes
15 Oragan Trail DC 1065 votes
16 The Legend 1012 votes
17 Jet'n'guns 1005 votes
18 Castleminer Z 1001 votes
19 Distance 972 votes
20 Higura**** 969 votes
21 Diggle 958 votes
22 dead trigger 956 votes
23 centration 947 votes
24 Kingdom Rush 908 votes
25 Mak 908 votes
26 Nestalgia 889 votes
27 Eador 858 votes
28 Delver 855 votes
29 Cradle 844 votes
30 Age of Decadence 835 votes
31 Pinball Arcade 818 votes

you can see all the statistics of greenlight here: http://www.shrewdlogarithm.com/greenlight.htm#[[[1,0]],{"anyall":"0"}]

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
by the way if your an independent video game creator and you really want to show your game to the world and get it on steam greenlight... all it takes is a bunch of money! you can literally buy 100's of $5 visa giftcards create fake accounts and vote you game up, probably even profit the money back when it gets released lol :) ...that's wayyyy cheaper than submitting your game to the xbox market!

Last edited:

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
Still no greenlight it seems. This seems to be turning into a new duke nukem meme.

Seriously Farsight, go re-negotiate the DRM nonsense and join GOG!

Void

May 27, 2012
http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1299553919805694474
Akaneiro: Demon Hunters
Asylum
DLC Quest
Eador. Masters of the Broken World
La-Mulana
Leisure Suit Larry
MaK
The Age of Decadence
Unepic
War For The Overworld

Worst part is that games that are still in development are being greenlight. 7 from 10 games this month are at least few months away from release. Valve should really give priority to games that are ready to release.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Damnit, Valve! Oh well, next month.

EDIT: Pete, FALSE. Those are their COMMENTS, not the TOTAL VOTES.

I think we need a demo version that can be downloaded via Greenlight.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Sad but no surprise - we are getting used to this now.

Most of the games are the 'same old thing'. Pinball Arcade really stands out as being quite unique and there is nothing else there quite like it. You would think that Steam would make an effort to vary the games and choose something from each genre. At least we (kickstarter supporters) will get a PC build this month to try out.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Valve , what can be said? They prioritise the Greenlight games that they want , even games which are still unfinished and not ready to be sold. How degrading is that? The Pinball Arcade gets the shaft once again , and to add insult to injury , the games given Greenlight status for the Steam Store aren't even ready to go.

Last year for the first time since I installed steam on my system , I IGNORED the big New Years and Holidays sales on Steam . I got emails notifying me of great savings on games I had on my watchlist , sorry Valve , no Pinball Arcade on Steam , no money from me . You made your vote, I make mine with my wallet .

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
At least we (kickstarter supporters) will get a PC build this month to try out.
Too late to that party. I can only hope those kickstarter goodies will ultimately become available/purchasable to the sufficiently patient. Want... that... eyeball... ball!!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
We added some new features to our PC build. Customized controls, resolutions, and full screen option. So we were going to have our QA here make sure there are no major issues before we release a build, hopefully soon.

karl

May 10, 2012
That is great great news Mike. Looking forward to trying it out. Hopefully this month if we are lucky

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I still don't get the "constant votes" thing. I mean, I voted when it was first up, does that make mine invalid considering I can't vote more than once? Honestly, none of this makes sense at all. And from what I can tell, TPA has crept up 5 or so places (I'm sure I read that somewhere).

I mean, how hard could it be to find someone to publish a game on FarSight's behalf in the Steam marketplace? Because there are some right turds in there!

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Wish the beta was open to non-kickstarters :(

(well I did kickstart, but I chose Xbox as a reward)

Wouldn't it be better to get feedback on a wider range of configurations?

karl

May 10, 2012
Carl. This is not a beta in that regard. It is a build for the kickstarter backers to get their awards.(If I understood it correctly) I can understand that you want to try it out as soon as possible but If everyone says I chose another platform but I would like the pc build also it stops being a reward. I agree that there should be a permanent beta group for the PC build in due time, but they are probably waiting until they know when they are able to release on the pc before they actively give out beta builds of the pc version. They already have so many platforms to take care of and dealing with lots of beta testers for a table that could be 4-6 months down the line is just to much work I would guess. This is of course easy for me to say since I get the pc build as a kickstarter reward but I hope my view would be the same if I were in your shoes also(anyway it is only the 2 tables we supported not all of them we get). I say this again and agian: Get the game out on Gamersgate or some other company because waiting around for steam is pointless. By the time TPA get to nr 30 on the list(in 2-3 months) there could suddenly be a surge of popular new games that pushes them back down again. And if they choose another(drm) platform than steam they can still get on steam when they finally get to the top 10. The more places the game appears the more sales. I am starting to sound like a broken record here.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
We added some new features to our PC build. Customized controls, resolutions, and full screen option. So we were going to have our QA here make sure there are no major issues before we release a build, hopefully soon.

That's superb news Mike - absolutely awesome. I for one would definitely wait longer if it means getting full screen for our backed tables. :cool:

Thanks for the update.

Last edited:

freezy

Jun 5, 2012

By full screen you mean portrait mode? Because full screen as in not running windowed doesn't seem like a non-trivial problem to me ;)

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
STEAM ain't all bad though. If you like a cool plinko game, you can play Peggle Extreme for free.

Last edited:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Dan Amrich, who is a community guy at Activision (basically their Major Nelson) tweeted about supporting TPA on Steam a few days back. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to give it a push for the latest round, but since he has over 20K followers we'll hopefully see some kind of bump:

Dan Amrich [1oS] ‏@OneOfSwords

Pinball Arcade is up for Steam Greenlight consideration. Let's make this happen! http://bit.ly/ZUG4vx

Members online

Members online