Pinball Arcade now on Steam Greenlight!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Is it possible for Farsight to update the page so they can show tables launched after it was first put up? I think it'd get more attention if people saw that the game had tables like Twilight Zone and Star Trek. Just a thought.

I think FarSight has given up on the greenlight process and are counting on their meeting with Steam folks coming up soon.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Great news!!! Finally!!! :D

Okay FarSight, spill the beans and give us some info and a release date, please! :D

Klopek

Apr 29, 2012
Yes, I can only hope that the game will be released fairly promptly. To discover that the game isn't anywhere near ready despite waiting for so long would be a major disappointment.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Yes, I can only hope that the game will be released fairly promptly. To discover that the game isn't anywhere near ready despite waiting for so long would be a major disappointment.
There are certain functions that have to be added to a game to make it run on Steam properly. FarSight will need a little time to implement these requirements, so I wouldn't expect an immediate launch.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Big deal. Portrait only does nothing for me. Won't be buying it or sign up for steam until that changes.

I believe you're mistaken. Portrait mode has yet to be implemented and as far as I know, The Pinball Arcade on PC is exclusively in landscape mode, for the time being, and supports widescreen HD.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I know the cabinet won't be a waste. VP plays great on it, but I want to play FarSight tables on it. I am glad it is finally being released, just sick of all the waiting. Even if they never release a table for it, it was not a waste. But landscape only on PC does nothing for me. I will check out my Kickstarter tables and wait for months until the cabinet version is hopefully released. Fingers crossed.

karl

May 10, 2012
What! Have they still not even got the portrait mode ready for the pc version? If that is the case I would be very surprised. They were close to having this done 6 months ago. It can't be that hard to do. 2 and 3 screen support will probably take some extra time and I totally understand this is not the highest priority (but I want it bad). Portrait mode is a must tough and after waiting a year for the pc version I really hope they have this nailed by now

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
What! Have they still not even got the portrait mode ready for the pc version? If that is the case I would be very surprised. They were close to having this done 6 months ago. It can't be that hard to do. 2 and 3 screen support will probably take some extra time and I totally understand this is not the highest priority (but I want it bad). Portrait mode is a must tough and after waiting a year for the pc version I really hope they have this nailed by now
Here's the thing though: Development probably stopped while the PC version was in Greenlight limbo. Think about it: You have limited staff and limited time, where do you spend those? Probably not on the platform where your ability to release the game is unknown.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Nice, I hope the hardware requirements aren't that high so my laptop can run it. Also I hope it includes some basic graphics/control setup options.

karl

May 10, 2012
Here's the thing though: Development probably stopped while the PC version was in Greenlight limbo. Think about it: You have limited staff and limited time, where do you spend those? Probably not on the platform where your ability to release the game is unknown.

You are probably right.(I am actually amazed they manage to juggle all the different platforms already with a limited amount of staff) Still, no more room for excuses anymore now since it got green lighted ;) I am not complaining, just hurry the f..k up and implement it ;):p :D = Excited

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

Actually, haven't FarSight been doing just that with all of the Xbox table packs that remain unreleased?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just to be upfront - I've no interest in the PC version, I'm happy on my tablet, but have the following question I'm curious about....

Why do people think the PC version will receive more regular and frequent updates?
I can understand they will be more regular than the console(s), but using Android as an example, there is no vetting, or update number or limits or sizes for the Google Play store, yet Farsight rarely update or fix bugs for the tables on this platform. Beta reported game ending bugs, are still outstanding on many tables months after initial release.
Why is the PC conceived to be different?

Is it to do with it supposedly becoming the development platform?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.