Nov 19, 2015
You can see it here:

Before

DpyZsLa.jpg

Patch 1.14

G98yKRD.jpg

ShakinRaven

Jul 12, 2016
I thought so to for Bride of Pinbot, then i saw the lamps around her head. They are barely on, and are usually brilliant. Disheartening.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
I thought so to for Bride of Pinbot, then i saw the lamps around her head. They are barely on, and are usually brilliant. Disheartening.

My bad. Gorgar was right the first time. How could I miss that? Better yet, how could the team who patched this game miss that?

I think it should be mandatory for whoever is fixing bugs to go through every table to see what went wrong after fixing just to be sure.

So yeah. Add Bride of Pinbot, to the list as well... *Sigh*

Before:

tkm5jzX.jpg

Patch 1.14

hFl7Jff.jpg

The lights are definitely dimmer. You weren't seeing things Gorgar. My mistake.

Last edited:

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
I'm just glad I "also" have the (PAL) retail disc version of Season 1 installed.

While the retail disc version might be 1.10, it's more or less how the Download 1.14 version was before we updated it on Tuesday. What's more all the online scoreboards and best scores you knew and loved before installing the update are ALL present and correct! The disc version also allows later seasons to be played so if you have bought later seasons for the download version they all work with the disc. Just note..., being version 1.10 it does not allow for the last 3 tables to be played being LAH, R911 & TX.

I only bought a PS4 so I could play the tables I didn't have on XBOX360, how downhill that has all gone....
This latest patch has properly broken the download version of the game though with what also looks to be all season 4 tables showing the wrong online score boards as well as the whole of season 5 having none!

Hopefully this broken 1.5 version we now have will be fixed and updated, until that time though I'm sticking with the disc version!

Last edited:

ShakinRaven

Jul 12, 2016
i may jump ship to PC, its kind of bad that there is no news on any resolutions to the issues described in this thread. Dare is say the silence is like No Man's Sky. Not trying to be mean, in any way. But when there are glaring issues, it takes me right out of the experience of playing these great tables as they were supposed to be.

I think what FarSight has done to bring these classics to life is incredibly commendable, I am starting to feel the console burn more and more over the past few days.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Were working on a patch to fix the leaderboard issues, The Gorgar Crash and the lighting issue on season 1 tables.

Thanks! Don't forget the semi transparent rectangles on High Speed 2, Cirque Voltaire, Roadshow, and Hurricane! That should take care of all the major visual bugs on PS4.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
i may jump ship to PC, its kind of bad that there is no news on any resolutions to the issues described in this thread. Dare is say the silence is like No Man's Sky. Not trying to be mean, in any way. But when there are glaring issues, it takes me right out of the experience of playing these great tables as they were supposed to be.

I think what FarSight has done to bring these classics to life is incredibly commendable, I am starting to feel the console burn more and more over the past few days.

Don't compare FS to Hello Games. Ever.

ShakinRaven

Jul 12, 2016
Don't compare FS to Hello Games. Ever.

I will call them as I seem them. It may have been a slight, but totally tongue in cheek.

Note, if you read I wasn't downplaying FS at all. In fact, I often praise them on the work that they do. I will always be a loyal supporter of this game, the ones in the past and upcoming from FS. Hell I still play Brunswick Pro Bowling on PS3 MOVE (FS developed).

It comes down to dollars for me. I never buy season passes. I haven't since I got burned on LA Noire. I purchased each seasons tables individually, going back to PS3 as well. What I am getting at is Quality Assurance. I understand there are a lot of moving parts in a game such as this, after all I have been working in the IT field since I was 16 (35 now). If I released something to my users that I knew may cause more issues then fixed, my head would be on the block.

Just Sayin...

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Will we have to wait for the season 6 update for the patch, or do you guys plan on getting it out earlier?

It will release before the Season 6 update. After we submit, It will most likely take a week for review and a few days to deploy the update.

Thanks! Don't forget the semi transparent rectangles on High Speed 2, Cirque Voltaire, Roadshow, and Hurricane! That should take care of all the major visual bugs on PS4.

I raised this concern as well, if time permits we will patch fixes for them, or it will likely make it into the Season 6 update. Just so that QA will have ample time to test the fixes for those tables.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
I'd say play-ability updates are more important than minor visual ones.

While true... I would prefer the tables I bought to look, sound and perform like they did when I originally purchased them. It's not like any of us can manually rollback patches.

Look at the Xbox One version, while it's the least frequently updated current gen version... The tables released have minor visual problems compared to PS4.

In the case of Red & Ted's Roadshow on Xbox One (Or PC version), the game looks exactly as it's supposed to be. No semi transparent rectangles.

With less glitches on the older tables, the devs can focus more on the newer tables.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Flippy, one more thing (as Columbo would say). Are you guys looking into the missing sound issues I posted about earlier? You guys did a good job improving the overall sound quality in the latest update, but the music still stops 100% of the time when starting Greed mode on Twilight Zone. Whirlwind (I think when getting the quick multiball award from the scoop) and Scared Stiff also have instances when the music stops until another mode is started and sound stops as the sound of the bonus ticking off speeds up in High Speed and Centaur. All of these are PS4 exclusive issues.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Flippy, one more thing (as Columbo would say). Are you guys looking into the missing sound issues I posted about earlier? You guys did a good job improving the overall sound quality in the latest update, but the music still stops 100% of the time when starting Greed mode on Twilight Zone. Whirlwind (I think when getting the quick multiball award from the scoop) and Scared Stiff also have instances when the music stops until another mode is started and sound stops as the sound of the bonus ticking off speeds up in High Speed and Centaur. All of these are PS4 exclusive issues.

We've confirmed those issues, it's just a matter of getting them fixed. I believe most of the sound issues are global issues or at least related. We'll work the fixes we can as we prepare a hotfix patch as well as another content update for Dr Who.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Another table from Season 1 with dimmer bulbs... Funhouse.

I was trying to piece together why something was off.

Before

hqb8ksM.jpg

Patch 1.14

UPMA8IP.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
We've confirmed those issues, it's just a matter of getting them fixed. I believe most of the sound issues are global issues or at least related. We'll work the fixes we can as we prepare a hotfix patch as well as another content update for Dr Who.

Well worded. We're talking months, then?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts