Pinball Arcade Version 1.14 is LIVE!!!

ixnix

Jun 26, 2016
I'm a little confused... Everybody's talking about version 1.14, my installation says I've 1.15 installed.. How can this be?
Btw, I can confirm all the issues stated above.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
I'm not to blame directly but we've been talking about 1.15 since Tuesday, 18th Oct 2016.

This topic was still active when people were talking about the update being released this week, just that discussion continued once 1.15 was released...
Confusing yes but fear not as FlippyFloppy's latest posts in this topic from the last 24 hours are aimed towards the current Download version of TPA 1.15 being updated.

Last edited:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
I'm not to blame directly but we been talking about 1.15 since Tuesday, 18th Oct 2016.

This topic was still active when people were talking about the update being released this week, just that discussion continued once 1.15 was released...
Confusing yes but fear not as FlippyFloppy's latest posts in this topic from the last 24 hours are aimed towards the current Download version of TPA 1.15 being updated.

My bad. I forgot there was a extra patch for other countries outside North America.

US PSN is at 1.14

So for the sake of clearing confusion I'll call it Patch 1.14(15).

Looks like all the Season 1 tables have dimmed bulbs to varying degrees. (This also means Tales of The Arabian Nights has dimmed bulbs as well.)

Here's Medieval Madness

Before

sItLIha.jpg

Patch 1.14(15)

qEmOZqe.jpg

Here's another example:

Ripley's Believe it or Not

Before

SAxq7Op.jpg

Patch 1.14(15)

wc1vSGh.jpg

Last edited:

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
I also noticed, when looking at all the tables where you scroll up/down and the theme music plays for each one..., the Black Hole theme music has become much louder than it used to be and is also much louder compared to other table theme tune volume levels.

Also, the Black Hole compared to say XBOX360 looks like the gamma has been increased big time which in turn has made the lower scoreboard lights look messy. It's hard to tell sometimes what your score might be in the lower play field.

and just a reminder that the Black Knight is also bugged. The ball sometimes appears to go out of the table on the right side and rolls down in the air, it does not crash the game as the ball does go back into the table. Also the multiball lock for ball 3 was still messing about and I wonder if this is related to the ball size being smaller than what we saw when the table first appeared in Williams Pinball Classics or something?

Last edited:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
I also noticed, when looking at all the tables where you scroll up/down and the theme music plays for each one..., the Black Hole theme music has become much louder than it used to be and is also much louder compared to other table theme tune volume levels.

Also, the Black Hole compared to say XBOX360 looks like the gamma has been increased big time which in turn has made the lower scoreboard lights look messy. It's hard to tell sometimes what your score might be in the lower play field.

and just a reminder that the Black Knight is also bugged. The ball sometimes appears to go out of the table on the right side and rolls down in the air, it does not crash the game as the ball does go back into the table. Also the multiball lock for ball 3 was still messing about and I wonder if this is related to the ball size being smaller than what we saw when the table first appeared in Williams Pinball Classics or something?

lol Black Knight needs serious work on all platforms. Here's hoping for a rework someday.

Also for visual proof on TOTAN's dimb bulbs:

Before:

yvhFvqX.jpg

After Patch 1.14(15)

U505HzE.jpg

Scratch that for all Season 1 Tables: Attack From Mars is unaffected.

Before:

AuKxThA.jpg

After Patch 1.14(15):

cd1fDLb.jpg

Last edited:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Oh and FlippyFloppy I think Season 2 should have a look as well.

Whirlwind

Before:

jCZKOlO.jpg

After Patch1.14(15)

cFu70MD.jpg

I think putting in the bulb brightness slider from the PC version should be able to fix this problem for every table, known and unknown.

Last edited:

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
PeacemarkerPIN,

Your have to forgive the fact that the image host I used rotated and resized smaller my original picture I uploaded but thought you might like this as a colour and brightness guide. ;)

I came across a very worn but still working Scared Stiff yesterday when I was out and about. The main thing I guess is the red of the table it's self, at the top it is Ferrari Red but quickly fades into a much darker red as you can see, unlike PS4 which is all Ferrari Red.
The room lighting was adverage, it's a 1980's style arcade so not over bright...

https://s9.postimg.org/izrgfbhvz/scared_stiff_pinballarcadefans.jpg

The red was the main thing but it's also nice to see this machine has a Sea Green/Blue colour theme with the Coffin, Left Finger Toy. The Monster Lab light below Elvira on the table is also Sea Green/Blue and though you can't see them the Jet Bumpers were also this Sea Green/Blue coloured.
The large round ball lights around the edge of the table are also Blood Red, they flash pink of course because of the old style white bulbs.

Something different to compare notes with any way. :)

One more thing, the PS4 ball speed is also very slow compared to the real machine. The genuine thing was more like the XBOX360 version for ball speed, (if you have ever had the pleasure of playing it on XBOX360)...

Last edited:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
PeacemarkerPIN,

Your have to forgive the fact that the image host I used rotated and resized smaller my original picture I uploaded but thought you might like this as a colour and brightness guide. ;)

I came across a very worn but still working Scared Stiff yesterday when I was out and about. The main thing I guess is the red of the table it's self, at the top it is Ferrari Red but quickly fades into a much darker red as you can see, unlike PS4 which is all Ferrari Red.
The room lighting was adverage, it's a 1980's style arcade so not over bright...

https://s9.postimg.org/izrgfbhvz/scared_stiff_pinballarcadefans.jpg

The red was the main thing but it's also nice to see this machine has a Sea Green/Blue colour theme with the Coffin, Left Finger Toy. The Monster Lab light below Elvira on the table is also Sea Green/Blue and though you can't see them the Jet Bumpers were also this Sea Green/Blue coloured.
The large round ball lights around the edge of the table are also Blood Red, they flash pink of course because of the old style white bulbs.

Something different to compare notes with any way. :)

One more thing, the PS4 ball speed is also very slow compared to the real machine. The genuine thing was more like the XBOX360 version for ball speed, (if you have ever had the pleasure of playing it on XBOX360)...

Pretty cool. Videogames still have a ways to go in matching the real thing. We're getting there though.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Geez. If one thing gets fixed, another gets screwed up seven ways from Sunday.

It's rough to hear that the first revision of TPA on PS4 (before the updates) probably was the best one.

I've also noticed the new Ouya-ish DMD look (dithered and washed-out) in the screen grabs.

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Since the leaderboards are scrambled, we will need to clear all the scores that have been posted since the latest release to get everything back on track. You can expect this to happen when the patch is released which shouldn't be too far off.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Will this only be the case for the scores posted via PSN or other platforms as well?

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Since the leaderboards are scrambled, we will need to clear all the scores that have been posted since the latest release to get everything back on track. You can expect this to happen when the patch is released which shouldn't be too far off.

Hell yeah! Thanks Mike!

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I just got a 1.15 update (USA).....Gorgar works again! Yay! I'm not a pinball purist, so I can't speak for many of the other issues, but the lights around Bride of Pinbot's head still seem dim. Just glad to have all my tables playable again. Woot!

Bonus count sound on High Speed still cutting out.

Last edited:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
I just got a 1.15 update (USA).....Gorgar works again! Yay! I'm not a pinball purist, so I can't speak for many of the other issues, but the lights around Bride of Pinbot's head still seem dim. Just glad to have all my tables playable again. Woot!

Bonus count sound on High Speed still cutting out.

Gorgar without snap, crackle, and pop on PS4 should be amazing. :D

Edit: Maybe that bulb brightness slider might be in the works like on PC. *crosses fingers*

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Lighting is still f'd up on CV among others. :mad: Why waste the money for an update just to "fix" a table that's not even emulated to begin with? :confused:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I've only tested a few of the tables on 1.15, but I've been noticing new problems which I've not seen before.
One of the most troubling glitches is the random freezes. I've only noticed a few, but it can destroy your game if it happens right when you need to hit the ball... as seen here on RBION. (At the end of the video)

In addition the frame rate doesn't seen as soon as with prior versions. I've tried rebooting the PS4 just in case that had something to do with it and no change.

I had to continuously reset the ball in Black Knight when getting 3 balls stuck at the top since multiball was never triggered.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.