Pinball Arcade Version 1.16 Now live on PSN/PS4 (Dual Light Slider added)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
There is a second update on the way to fix a few issues that were in the one we just released. The playfield textures on Creature are among the issues we've fixed. Sadly the lighting isn't going to get any better for the moment, we're going to need to do a full lighting pass on the table like we did with STTNG to solve that problem. I believe we have already submitted the patch to Sony, so it should be out soon.

Thanks Brandon. I look forward to those fixes.

Do you have a way to make the pinball any brighter when the room brightness is turned down?
I really like how some of the tables look with room brightness down and bulb brightness up, but the ball is so dark you can't even see it at times making it impossible to play.

I've tried the custom light bulb ball from The Addams Family, but it doesn't work well because the ball turns on and off randomly.
So in a way that's almost worse than having it consistently dark. Perhaps if you could create a ball like this, but have it less bright and on all the time. Unless there is a better way! I'd certainly love it as an option though.

A FEW MORE QUESTIONS SINCE WE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION. ;)

PINBALL PHYSICS 2.0
Have any tables aside from the newest additions, Xenon, and Big Shot had their ball / flipper physics updated yet?
I remsmber talks of this a couple of years ago. There was mention of a "complete overhaul" on all tables to Flipper Physics 2.0.

MORE TROPHIES?
It was mentioned a while back that more trophies would be added to the PS4 version. Is there any news on that front?

LEADERBOARDS - SORT BY FRIENDS...
Lastly, is there any plans to add the ability to Sort By Friend on the PS4 leaderboards?
I can't even get my brother to play it anymore because he enjoyed playing simply to try and beat my scores, but since he can no longer see my high scores.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer!

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
There is a second update on the way to fix a few issues that were in the one we just released. I believe we have already submitted the patch to Sony, so it should be out soon.
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] as well.

I'm in Canada. When I go to "Season Six" on the menu screen, I can see the new tables. When I go the the red Buy button, I get 'Connecting...' then a screen informing me there was no content found. Exit TPA (close application), enter PS Store, searching for anything related to Pinball Arcade is unsuccessful. You have to search for "SEASON SIX" and you see all 3 options (Pass, Pro Pass, Pro Upgrade) but the only reference to TPA is the icon. Looks like there is something seriously wrong with the PSN store. Buy it, enter TPA again, and Season Six on the menu tells you All Tables Purchased! This also means I can't do any further testing.

Edit: I hear you guys are aware of the trouble of finding Season Six in the PSN store, but it also doesn't work in-game. Not everyone comes here. You don't want to be losing any sales.

Last edited:

Michael

Jan 9, 2015

I'm in Canada. When I go to "Season Six" on the menu screen, I can see the new tables. When I go the the red Buy button, I get 'Connecting...' then a screen informing me there was no content found. Exit TPA (close application), enter PS Store, searching for anything related to Pinball Arcade is unsuccessful. You have to search for "SEASON SIX" and you see all 3 options (Pass, Pro Pass, Pro Upgrade) but the only reference to TPA is the icon. Looks like there is something seriously wrong with the PSN store. Buy it, enter TPA again, and Season Six on the menu tells you All Tables Purchased! This also means I can't do any further testing.

After you buy Season 6 you have do "download" (in reality unlock) each table separately from the Pinball Arcade add-ons section of the store. I'm curious as to whether you'll manage to download the two Doctor Who tables and Big Hurt, because they don't work for me. (The original Doctor Who is listed as unavailable, and the two others still need to be purchased.)

Kramer

Apr 23, 2012
Seems to me, on a number of tables I tried last night that the flipper physics are updated. I did the rapid presses trick to see and seemed liked the flippers weren't on/off. Can anyone confirm?

kane11

Aug 26, 2012

Do you have a way to make the pinball any brighter when the room brightness is turned down?
I really like how some of the tables look with room brightness down and bulb brightness up, but the ball is so dark you can't even see it at times making it impossible to play.

I've tried the custom light bulb ball from The Addams Family, but it doesn't work well because the ball turns on and off randomly.
So in a way that's almost worse than having it consistently dark. Perhaps if you could create a ball like this, but have it less bright and on all the time. Unless there is a better way! I'd certainly love it as an option though.

PINBALL PHYSICS 2.0
Have any tables aside from the newest additions, Xenon, and Big Shot had their ball / flipper physics updated yet?
I remsmber talks of this a couple of years ago. There was mention of a "complete overhaul" on all tables to Flipper Physics 2.0.

MORE TROPHIES?
It was mentioned a while back that more trophies would be added to the PS4 version. Is there any news on that front?

Lastly, is there any plans to add the ability to Sort By Friend on the PS4 leaderboards?
I can't even get my brother to play it anymore because he enjoyed playing simply to try and beat my scores, but since he can no longer see my high scores.

on which light settings can be obtained such an effect?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
on which light settings can be obtained such an effect?

I had room lighting set to 10% and the bulb lighing at 100%

Is it me or they updated flipper physics on all tables?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they may have. I only played a few older tables, but I did notice I had pulled off a few drop catches in Fun House.
Aside fromt felt like the others though.

A change log for new updates would be incredibly useful to have included.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013

People have been asking for a brighter ball for years. There is a brighten ball function on steam TPA that kind of works but could be much better. We have like 30 custom balls or so, that noboby ever asked for, but the one custom ball that has been asked for over and over and over again, and that would be very useful, and extremely appreciated, Farsight don't bother to make. The Addams family ball shows it is possile to have a self lit ball, and there even are glow in the dark balls in real life, why not make one for pinball arcade? I mean just charge 1$ for it and you have fast easy money in the bank. Come on Farsight, you can make it happen.

from http://www.modmypin.com/

GIDball.jpg

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The ball needs bright highlights like actual pinballs have, but if that isn't possible in the game's graphic engine then yes, a glow-in-the-dark one would at least get the job done--as people having been saying for a very long time. ; )

Anyway, new tables Eight Ball Deluxe, Centigrade 37 and especially Jacks Open are now by far my favorite tables; *finally* we have some really high quality EM/early SS tables in the game! : DD They've brought me back to TPA for the first time in a really long time. And there are plenty more great wedge heads, etc out there... = )

Last edited:

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
I've played on all the tables checking the lighting. Big Shot and Genie's artwork lighting looks to be a bit iffy????
Big Shot in demo mode you can see a couple of invisible squares that don't display the reflections as the camera swings over the table. It also looks nasty dark overall and as if the table is reflecting a bit too much.
Genie's artwork also looks dark-ish or dirty looking but I can also see shapes and gaps that look clean on the table.

These tables look like the reflective layer was placed above the artwork instead of under it.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
After you buy Season 6 you have do "download" (in reality unlock) each table separately from the Pinball Arcade add-ons section of the store. I'm curious as to whether you'll manage to download the two Doctor Who tables and Big Hurt, because they don't work for me. (The original Doctor Who is listed as unavailable, and the two others still need to be purchased.)

The way I did it, by exiting & "close application" in the menu TPA, going to PSN and purchasing the season six pass, then starting TPA again, both Dr. Who tables and Big Hurt showed up under 'My Tables'.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013

Edit: I hear you guys are aware of the trouble of finding Season Six in the PSN store, but it also doesn't work in-game. Not everyone comes here. You don't want to be losing any sales.

It's being addressed and we'll have it fixed as soon as possible.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Bonebusters is buggy. It gets hung up if you get a bonus round at the end and the controller becomes unresponsive.
How often are you seeing this? So far I haven't been able to reproduce this at the office.

PINBALL PHYSICS 2.0

MORE TROPHIES?

1. We were planning on adding an option to make the ball brighter, but it wasn't done in time for this update. Hopefully we can get it in for a future update!
2. It's possible that several tables had their physics adjusted in this update, but I wouldn't be able to make an accurate list. In this update we got most of the content updated with any changes that were made on the PC version of the game.
3. We don't have any news at this time, but we definitely want to have more.
4. Putting the friends leaderboard option back in has been on our todo list for a few updates now. We're hoping to get it in sooner rather than later!

Is it me or they updated flipper physics on all tables?
Any tables that have had their physics updated on the PC version of the game should now have the same physics on PS4.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
How often are you seeing this? So far I haven't been able to reproduce this at the office.

1. We were planning on adding an option to make the ball brighter, but it wasn't done in time for this update. Hopefully we can get it in for a future update!
2. It's possible that several tables had their physics adjusted in this update, but I wouldn't be able to make an accurate list. In this update we got most of the content updated with any changes that were made on the PC version of the game.
3. We don't have any news at this time, but we definitely want to have more.
4. Putting the friends leaderboard option back in has been on our todo list for a few updates now. We're hoping to get it in sooner rather than later!

Any tables that have had their physics updated on the PC version of the game should now have the same physics on PS4.

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

The fixed lighting along with the brighter ball would be a great 1-2 punch that would satisify a lot of people I'm sure.

I'm also a believer that trophies add more value to to the tables, so to see more of those would also be great IMO.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I don't feel like reading through all this nitpicking, so i will ask this question and i apologize if its already been answered...

is the season pass safe to purchase? US psn.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

Every time I played either a 10 or 20 second bonus round, the final score screen that pops up and tells you to press X to get to the main menu didn't pop up. This happened 4 or 5 times last night. And the one time that I entered my initials for a high score, instead of taking me to the high score (press X to get to Bonebusters menu), it just went back to the table. The pause button (and nudge) were not responsive, so that time I had to force close pinball arcade by using the PlayStation menu button (after waiting a few minutes in hope that it would pop up eventually)

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Every time I played either a 10 or 20 second bonus round, the final score screen that pops up and tells you to press X to get to the main menu didn't pop up. This happened 4 or 5 times last night. And the one time that I entered my initials for a high score, instead of taking me to the high score (press X to get to Bonebusters menu), it just went back to the table. The pause button (and nudge) were not responsive, so that time I had to force close pinball arcade by using the PlayStation menu button (after waiting a few minutes in hope that it would pop up eventually)

We've spotted the problem and sent it down to the programmers, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Yeah... I don't think this is nitpicking. Some tables are not working as advertised.

so some of the new tables are broken per usual? i know about the creature problem and the other glitches with the older tables. all i want to know is whether or not the season 6 tables are playable and if i purchase the season 6 pass will i be able to download the tables?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
so some of the new tables are broken per usual? i know about the creature problem and the other glitches with the older tables. all i want to know is whether or not the season 6 tables are playable and if i purchase the season 6 pass will i be able to download the tables?

In the U.S. store, purchasing season 6 pro went super smoothly. I didn't even have to individually "purchase" the "free" season six tables individuality afterwards, like I had to with seasons 4 & 5. (However, I have read that this wasn't the case in the European sore).

I Didn't play Doctor Who: Masters of Time yet, but with the exception of Bone Busters, which has a game breaking bug that can prevent a high score from being saved, they all worked fine.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts