Pinball duo

alanhn8369

Oct 30, 2013
Is there any possibility that the pinball duo will ever be compatible with TPA?

my wife got me one for my birthday recently - my heart sank when i saw it only worked with Pinball HD. Its not a bad gadget - there's lag with the plunger but the flipper buttons are fine.

It would be awesome to use it with TPA

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Haha, those dudes literally ran off with $15m+ in venture cap. I'm in the wrong business.

Although these guys actually somehow managed to push out a shipping product so I guess they weren't a complete fraud.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Maybe this pinball duo will work when pa has implemented ios game controller support.

Not sure. Probably still blocked, but worth a try when pa is ready for it.

mckafka99

Mar 15, 2014
Given that the Pinball Duo was so cheap on Amazon, I grabbed a second one and also grabbed a second 8-Bitty then mounted the 8-Bitty under the Pinball duo (fits fine) and wired the 8-Bitty into the Pinball Duo. Works great!. Havent gotten around to figure out how to add the plunger into the mix, but the buttons work fine.

image.jpg

alanhn8369

Oct 30, 2013
Given that the Pinball Duo was so cheap on Amazon, I grabbed a second one and also grabbed a second 8-Bitty then mounted the 8-Bitty under the Pinball duo (fits fine) and wired the 8-Bitty into the Pinball Duo. Works great!. Havent gotten around to figure out how to add the plunger into the mix, but the buttons work fine.

image.jpg

wow - so you're saying that you've got the duo working with TPA by adding the 8-bitty? could you provide more detail on how to do this?

mckafka99

Mar 15, 2014
wow - so you're saying that you've got the duo working with TPA by adding the 8-bitty? could you provide more detail on how to do this?

It's actually a fairly straight forward, non-elegant, hack. I simply cracked open the Duo and the 8-Bitty, traced the connections required for the left/right buttons and ground (remember, I haven't worked out the plunger part yet), snipped the wires in the Duo (connection the duo buttons to the Duo board) and made them run to the right places on the 8-Bitty board. Challenge was getting the connections onto the 8-Bitty circuit board because I am terrible at soldering and the required end points on the board were small. I believe when I did this, it was before there was an 8-Bitty controller option in TPA (which now allows the shoulder buttons to be used) so I had to connect to a shoulder button and one of the buttons on the right side of the 8-Bitty.

I need to revisit this and cleanup my hack and see if I can get the plunger to work.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Depending on how keen you are, you could hack in an MFi-capable controller, which would give you the analogue capabilities necessary for plunger control :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts