Pinball FLYERS

pauliegeezee

Oct 18, 2014
Igofirstindy, I noticed you are from Ma. Have you ever been to that Bowling alley in Cambridge? Tons of great tables in great condition.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
SPLIT SECOND
(Stern/1981)
Really like the art of the table.
And the flyer is kind of cute.

cS8dKV.jpg
fNmRQT.jpg

Last edited:

Day

Jan 9, 2013
the artwork's great... but i bet the gameplay stinks ... i just know it

i guess i just summed up the marketing business in a capitalist world

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
the artwork's great... but i bet the gameplay stinks ... i just know it

i guess i just summed up the marketing business in a capitalist world

Put that beer down ! :)

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
PIN*BOT
(Williams/1986/12.001 units)
A huge pinball robot traveling through the solar system, constantly losing its eyes.
Well... OK.
The ultimate machine.

BQZXi4.jpg

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
PIN*BOT
(Williams/1986/12.001 units)
A huge pinball robot traveling through the solar system, constantly losing its eyes.
Well... OK.
The ultimate machine.

BQZXi4.jpg

I've never seen the side art before. it's amazing.

also that slogan is Don Draper 101.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
A "Play-More Post"! I love it!

And I love the side art of PinBot shrugging. It's like "PinBot, did you lose another set of eyes?!?"

*shrug* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
BARRACORA
(Williams/1981/2.350 units)
The most common story of Barracora's strange name is that original plans to name the game Barracuda (in keeping with its semi-aquatic artwork) were blocked at the last minute by trademark concerns.
Williams elected to avoid potential legal issues by renaming the game.
With such short notice, only a relatively minor change could be made to the design and artwork without severely impacting the schedule.
However, according to pinball designer Larry Demar : "The original name of the game was 'Las Vegas', eventually becoming 'Jet Orbit', then eventually becoming 'Barracora'.
Going from eight letters in the original names to nine letters in "Barracora" forced two "R"s to be placed on the left bank of drop targets.

KlSmh5.jpg

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
SEE-SAW
(Bally/1970/1.517 units)
Men in pink singing.

YESsss! I wish they still made tables like this. Even digitally!!

BARRACORA
(Williams/1981/2.350 units)
The most common story of Barracora's strange name is that original plans to name the game Barracuda (in keeping with its semi-aquatic artwork) were blocked at the last minute by trademark concerns.
Williams elected to avoid potential legal issues by renaming the game.
With such short notice, only a relatively minor change could be made to the design and artwork without severely impacting the schedule.
However, according to pinball designer Larry Demar : "The original name of the game was 'Las Vegas', eventually becoming 'Jet Orbit', then eventually becoming 'Barracora'.
Going from eight letters in the original names to nine letters in "Barracora" forced two "R"s to be placed on the left bank of drop targets.

Oh yeah that "RR" target on the left does kinda stick out now that you mention it, doesn't it?

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I don't understand why the designers didn't just call the game "Baracora", not "Barracora". I googled the name and I can't find any meaningful references to what "Barracora" is and why the "rr" is important.

Yes, it's weird.
I think it's because the original plan was to name the game "barracuda" with two "rr" (the right spelling).
And they just didn't want to... mmm...
Man, I really don't know either !!!

Edit : maybe a mix between Barracuda & Cora (a euphemistic name of Persephone, goddess of fertility and the underworld) in classical mythology.

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
CHAMP (Bally/1973-74/4.070 units) * MISS AMERICA '75 (Bally/1974)
From Miss Flipper to Miss America...

Mk14hM.jpg
tF6z9i.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.