Pinball for the generations.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Here's a pic of my 7 year old daughter playing Big Shot on my tablet.

fxysSJf.jpg

Anyone else passing pinball down to the younger crowd?

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm always surprised when people mention their ages. I always just assume people are close to my age. I know it's wrong, but I can't help myself. I also always forget about distance and time differences.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
In my early 40's.

My daughter is 9 now and I've been taking her to all the Bay Area expo's and the Pacific Pinball Museum and Playland-Not-At-The-Beach (30 tables) for a couple of years now. We're at the Pacific Pinball Museum about once every 3 months. I'm jealous because she's going to have a lot of great pinball memories when she's an adult because of all this exposure. I wish I had that opportunity when I was a child. Ironically, there were still pinball arcades around when I was that age but I didn't know about them. I can only remember seeing the tables at places like pizza parlors, convenience stores, county fairs and amusement parks.

My 12 year old nephew visits twice a year and I am exposing him to pinball just about every time I see him also. I was able to bring him along with us to CA Extreme last weekend and it was pretty cool to see his mouth drop as soon as we walked into the huge gameroom.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I'm 39, my 14 yo daughter lives with me. She also goes to/participate in tournaments with me. My 10 yo daughter lives with my ex. When she is around she loves to go to the pinball club and plays my machines. And she plays a real mean pinball already. Both real and on TPA.

In our club we have some 3 more aged 12-14 years, but this time they're boys. A couple of 18 year olds and they really do enjoy the game... Especially when they're thaught some techniques and skills. Weird thing is, after some practice they play par or even a bit better ;)

In short pinball is bringing generations together. Our oldest member is in his late 60s :)

N

netizen

i'm 39

My 17 year old son lives with his Mother, and if I encouraged him to play pinball he'd probably never have an interest in it for his entire life. :(

shimoda

Mar 14, 2013
@netizen, you should try. I'm 40 and just got into pinballs. Think my sons figure it's late as they are 18 and both starting college (twins). One participated in a tournament with me yesterday though and both seen to enjoy playing. We had a grad party and they both spent lots of time playing.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm 43 and have no kids. But my wife and I take my nephew to play some pins every now and then. He went to Pinfest with us this year too. But he is 14 now and I fear that soon he will be "too cool" to hang out with his aunt & uncle.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I was able to bring him along with us to CA Extreme last weekend and it was pretty cool to see his mouth drop as soon as we walked into the huge gameroom.

Seeing that huge PacMan Battle Royale when you first walk in was pretty cool huh.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I'm 44 Years old and Started Playing Pinball when I was about 21 to 22, I betch you can't guess what Pinball Machine got me into Pinball. Well it might be are next Kickstarter, I also worked at a Dream Machine Arcade when I was 19. At the Arcade we had High Speed and Fire!, and yes even back then I played a little Pinball I loved Fire! A lot. Then when that other game came out which you have to guess it, and it's not hard too guess, well I really got hooked on Pinball. Right now I would love to own a Wizard Of Oz and Family Guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts