Pinfest 2016, Allentown PA

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
...is Fri May 6 and Sat May 7.

I plan on being there on Friday.

If you're lucky, I'll take some pics and do a brief write-up. I've been known to "live blog" as well.

As usual my wife isn't allowing me to take my checkbook and her minivan, so I'll be just there to play :D

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Going Friday. Hopefully nothing happens to ruin my time this year. Last year my wife and I had just sold our house and were in negotiations to buy one. I got a call from my realtor while I was at the show that the deal was falling apart. Really sucked.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well, a couple of interesting finds so far.

Big Bang Bar! $1 a play for charity.
2dc46c8b140ce0685583ed6d56394719.jpg

Also a Class Of 1812 whitewood sadly not working:
a7d346f48873523398ba29d967461154.jpg

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I got to play the C1812 - and yes you can keep hitting the left ramp over and over for millions, and it felt even easier on the real thing.

Time for some spot-the-difference:
1453b9e2e140a5923de64201c2f35297.jpg

a8c33ad528ee4f667e868494e698fbcf.jpg

Actually the scoring is completely different. Ask me now and I prefer Target Alpha over El Dorado.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is there a good amount of tables there?
Oh yeah. Very busy right now. Lots of stuff old and new, in line for Ghostbusters right now - there are three or four of em, all four Hobbits, two GoTs (one pro one premium), Spidey vault, aforementioned Big Bang Bar....

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Oh yeah. Very busy right now. Lots of stuff old and new, in line for Ghostbusters right now - there are three or four of em, all four Hobbits, two GoTs (one pro one premium), Spidey vault, aforementioned Big Bang Bar....

That sounds great.
Sucks missing it this year, my daughter always looks forward to going.

Stay dry.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

It was very busy for a Friday. I was there from noon til about 4:30. I didn't spot you though.
Played all the pins you mentioned and enjoyed them all. Big Bang Bar was a surprise. Well worth a buck.
Didn't get to play Full Throttle, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, or Rob Zombie. I'm going again tomorrow and hope to play those three.
I'm with you on that 8 Ball Deluxe. My buddy and I played it a couple of times. Such a smart layout.

I thought that Spidey Vault sure looked pretty in person. The color just popped!

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
My favorite part of the day was being able to play all 4 EMs that are in TPA.

My least favorite was a near 4 hour drive home. :(

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Took 4 hrs to get home? Yuck!

Did you get a chance to play that TFTC that was there? It was in good shape and a joy to play.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Nice show. Didn't buy anything other than some playfield glass. No Centaurs and the BSD's were too much. Played most of the new stuff except Full Throttle and KISS was having some issues.

I've been going to pinball shows for about 15 years and it's nice to see more women every year. Especially the one in black. Wow. Not being offensive. I'm a happily married man but, still, wow... If you saw her you know what I'm talking about.

Great Italian Hoagie from the farmer's market too... :)

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
fellas ,I hope you all had a great time !!!sounds like it !!!I`m lying back flicking stations between all the football codes,i have another 7 hours before Leicester City are crowned EPL Champions,can`t wait !!! thanks Eldar for the photos I`m drooling haha !!! mate that`s a long drive,i appreciate your effort even more !!!! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts