Pinfest 2016, Allentown PA

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It's odd to play, like hugging a bear. You feel silly playing it.

Hey hairy, played a few games of Paragon today. There were a couple of them there.

Also played Batman 66, Houdini, Dialed In, Alien, and Aerosmith. I found all to be pretty fun.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yep, I pestered Eldar while he was battleing a Ghostbusters Premium with a penchant for throwing balls SDTM.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yep, I pestered Eldar while he was battleing a Ghostbusters Premium with a penchant for throwing balls SDTM.
To be fair most GBs are drainrastic. This one was a guaranteed drain from the left scoop as well, which didn't help since that's where you collect EBs.

I didn't play Dialed In or Alien or Houdini, the lines were too long especially since I was only there one day.

Got in one game on Aerosmith, seemed fun but very limited exposure.

Batman 66 seemed okay too.

Otherwise played oldies. Best games of the day on Demolition Man (2.1B, Grand Champion) and Stern Star Trek (Pro).

Played a very nice Centigrade 37 that was on sale for $1850(!).

Found a Jacks Open too, plus added El Dorado City Of Gold and Ripley's to my list of played in real life TPA tables.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm sure you can bargain for a better price, but the listed prices seemed pretty high to me. Not as many bargains as I saw in prior years.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Pinfest 2017. I was so relaxed. It's been almost 10 years since I've been to a pinball show that I wasn't actually looking for a game.

11:15 - Had lunch at the farmers market. No lines.

11:45 - Show's already open. Old guy *****ing because it's open early. Lady at the booth said it was because of the rain.

11:50 - Get to the new games NOW!

11:50-12:20

Played Batman, Aerosmith, Houdini and Dialed In. Batman was pretty cool. Aerosmith had a neat Toy Box trick with the saucer kicker. Nonetheless, they're still two new Stern games and feel like..another Stern game. The status quo. Houdini and Dialed In can suck it! Houdini feels cheap and Dialed In? No matter what you say good about it, it's still a cell phone themed game. Didn't play Alien. :( Long lines. Even at the start of the show.

12:20-beyond

Played Spirit for the first time. Guy had one for sale. $6,500. :eek: Rare and cool but not for that price. $2,200 Centaur 2 with a beat playfield. Pin prices are insane. Does everyone think the world is ending and they need to sell? Meteors everywhere. Ten years ago that was a $500 (at best) game in working and really nice shape. Some nice deals in the indoor flea market. $700 for a project Stern Galaxy with good cosmetics. I kept staring. If I could get him down to five bills, nice deal. But, then I remembered. I didn't bring the Forester. Oh, well. It was for the best. Maybe next year.

I did come home with a repro topper for my Getaway. That was enough for this year.

P.S. I would replace my Top Card with a Jacks Open. I really like the rules on that one.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just wanted to share a few pics my wife took today.

First up is an Aerosmith Pro. I played the pro and the premium and liked them both. The toy box lock is a nice little trick. The art is just great in person. I really have nothing negative to say about this one, other than I wish it was Zeppelin or Floyd. ;)
34111076970_9f843628e8.jpg

Next is a Batman 66 Premium. Art is really colorful and fun in person. The use of show clips is great, but many seem used over and over. Maybe more is still to be added. The gameplay is ok but nothing special. I expected more considering how expensive the entire line of Batman pins are.
33686355573_cbcfcfcba8.jpg

This ones for Hairy. Glad it was on free play. This thing stole balls left and right, very frustrating. Typical Paragon I guess.
34496391445_aa59683862.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
A few more.
Here is a Stern Kiss. My wife wanted to take a pic of this one. It's one of her favorite pins. She had a big goofy grin when she started Love Gun multiball. She really enjoys the music themed pins. This was a friendly Kiss, as Gene rarely spit the ball down the middle.

34336253742_980e5a1dc7.jpg

Had my wife take a pic of this one as I don't recall ever seeing a Stern Freefall before. It had a similar rule feel to Flight 2000. Very interesting play with a lot of targets spread all over the place. The back glass was much prettier than the playfield.

33686579323_6f28055f5a.jpg

Next up is Alien. Sorry about the blurry pic. There was a big crowd and it was hard to get a pic. I played it yesterday. This pin gave long ball times even for a chucker like me. But the gameplay was unmemorable for me. The pop bumpers are alien eggs and look great when they are lit. I'm not a huge fan of the screen in the playfield. Maybe you have to play it more to get used to, but I always found myself looking up at the bigger screen in the back box.

34111423660_9673b40aa1.jpg

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Last couple of pics.
Here is my wife playing the silly Hercules pin. Not a lot of fun to play, just the novelty of size at play. All the little kids seemed to gravitate to it.

34496755975_2d80a20f76.jpg

Last up is a Buck Rogers that had a new clearcoated playfield. It played so nice. A simple but fun pin from the earlier SS era of pins.

34455627656_fd377d8a2a.jpg

The crowds were too big today for me to get a pic of Houdini or Dialed In. But I wanted to mention that I really enjoyed my brief encounter with both.
Houdini looks much better in person than it did in the video clips I had seen. The owner, designer, and programmer where all there yesterday. They said the coding is not even halfway done so far, but it was pretty impressive as is. Magic is a classic pinball theme, and this looks like a winner to me.
Dialed In has a horrendous name and that little boy on a stick is awful looking as well. But everything else on that game is top notch. Played well, feels solid, nice playfield toys, and good animations. Easy to pick up and play. Even got my initials up on it, which always feels nice.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
just got back from my eldest Grandsons birthday on the Tweed, now I am waiting for the A-League Grand Final between Sydney vs Melbourne !!! thanks fellas, your photos and reports have been first class. you guys have put a great big smile on this bludgers face !!!! looks like you all had a great time !!! :cool::cool::cool:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Thanks for all the pics, sounds like you had a great time. Had to miss it this year again, there's a good possibility I'm going to the York show.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts