Pinfest Allentown- It's That Time Again!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Houdini - I found the shots to be very tight. I'm prepared to be patient with it, but with the possibility of only one or two games every 6 months, I won't get the chance.
GotG - didn't like it as much as Iron Maiden (duh!), also the playfield reminds me a lot of Metallica.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks Kolchak , they all look great . after a couple of great days you all deserve a couple of cold beers , cheers to you all !!!:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Houdini - I found the shots to be very tight. I'm prepared to be patient with it, but with the possibility of only one or two games every 6 months, I won't get the chance.
GotG - didn't like it as much as Iron Maiden (duh!), also the playfield reminds me a lot of Metallica.

I had a much tougher time with the Houdini shots last year. This year I loaded the trunk pretty easily. A lot of shots still pop out of the theater though. The tight shots made Multiball though for me though. Hard to be accurate with so much going on.
Agree with you on GotG. Not Maiden good, but it was fun. Maybe it is the Metallica similarity that makes it appealing. Shots felt comfortable right away to me. I don’t mind the theme and I like choosing characters to play as. Locking balls in Groot is fun too. Couldn’t hear the callouts, they are supposedly pretty weak.

thanks Kolchak , they all look great . after a couple of great days you all deserve a couple of cold beers , cheers to you all !!!:cool:

Wish you could have been here with us Wolfy. We could have gone out for a few cold ones after the pin show.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Pinfest is quickly approaching again. I hope to be there for both days.

Friday May 3rd - Noon to 9
Saturday May 4th - 9 to 8

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Probably Saturday this year, gonna be crazy busy at work the next 2 months, no time for time off!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
have fun Kolchak , not long now :cool:

I know. It's my favorite weekend of the year. I go with work friends on friday (we take the day off). Then I go again on Saturday with my wife. Such a fun time. Can't wait to play Willie Wonka, Black Knight, Munsters, Oktoberfest, and hopefully a bunch of cool EMs.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Today was the first day of Pinfest 2019. Crowd was huge for a Friday. Was there for about 4 hours and played less than 20 games. Snapped a few pics for you guys.

Munsters was fun. Shots were so smooth. The black and white art on the premium is so beautiful in person.
47767811381_133727fda2.jpg

40801682893_80d86c1b36.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The new Black Knight pin was there. The animations and lighting were really nice on this one. The gameplay was just ok for me though. Other than the main toy (huge spinner thing) shot, the other shots weren’t as satisfying. But it did play very fast

46851451405_294485da88.jpg

Today was the first time I played Beatles. I’m a huge fan of Seawitch, so I knew I would enjoy it. The few tweeks and the added magnet were nice as well. My buddy thought it was boring, but he doesn’t love old school games.

40801704523_50027722d8.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Willy Wonka was there from Jersey Jack. What a smooth and fun playing layout! Pat Lawlor really has some magic. My friend and I agreed it was the best pin on the floor. Would have loved to keep playing it, but the line was long all day. So only got a couple of plays. Loved it from the first ball and that rarely happens for me.

33890859898_e343101e67.jpg

Also saw Oktoberfest for the first time. Need many more plays to explore this one. So many things packed into it. Art is nicer in person, but still not great. Animations look unfinished (and maybe they are?). And the steep left ramp and the ramp shot from the top right flipper seem nearly impossible. And that doesn’t help you get into the game. The pin has potential, but needs a ton of polish to clean this up.

40801758743_2d4845470c.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Throwing this one at you because I’ve never seen it before and the art made me laugh.

46851541415_571429e970.jpg

40801772263_3b2c6077fb.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Should be there tomorrow! Though if it was busy Friday I dread to think how busy it will be Saturday.

I’m thinking the same thing. Could be a zoo on Saturday. Wife and I have to go early tomorrow. Probably be there from 9:30 til about 1 or so.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks Kolchak for the photos , yep The Beatles looks right up our alley !!! sounds like your having a great time . Kolchak , the Darling and Eldar have a great time tomorrow , I think it`s going to be really busy . Thunder Man , got me , never seen it before but sure looks great . knock yourselves out !!!!:cool::cool::cool:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Way too busy for a Friday. Heck, I saw kids that should have been in school...with their parents even. The show really should open earlier than noon.

Munsters Premium was gorgeous. Black Knight was ok. The toy was really cool but otherwise the playfield felt so barren. Not worth almost 6k. Stern should have cut the price on that one. Didn’t even bother with Wonka. There was always a long line.

Bought some art blades for my Iron Maiden and some used arcade marquee’s for the room. Had a decent time but it was just way too packed.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Way too busy for a Friday. Heck, I saw kids that should have been in school...with their parents even. The show really should open earlier than noon.

Munsters Premium was gorgeous. Black Knight was ok. The toy was really cool but otherwise the playfield felt so barren. Not worth almost 6k. Stern should have cut the price on that one. Didn’t even bother with Wonka. There was always a long line.

Bought some art blades for my Iron Maiden and some used arcade marquee’s for the room. Had a decent time but it was just way too packed.
come on dtown , you never wagged school for pinball ? looks like you need a bigger place , getting more popular !!!:cool:

Members online

Members online