Play The PS4 Version Today ! (In Select Locations)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The PS3 demo once they load it has to play the game in 3D. I'm assuming they haven't made the 3D options menu yet. I think they wouldn't want to only have 3D on the PS4 demo. Also since the FarSight guy hasn't been told if/when 3D is being rolled out for the PS4 version, they probably aren't ready to announce to the public yet.

Do you know for sure the game running a demo or just the latest build? I'm sure I'll buy it on launch day, but it would be good for them to have a playable demo on PSN.

3D on most games I've played, including Zen Pinball 2 & Star Wars Pinball, has the option to turn off stereoscopic 3D during a game.

I don't mind waiting for it, but I hope they are actually still working on it and not assuming it's a fad and no one cares about it.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
So the version is live and ready, does that mean there's only a couple of years till it will be released? :D

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Do you know for sure the game running a demo or just the latest build? I'm sure I'll buy it on launch day, but it would be good for them to have a playable demo on PSN.

3D on most games I've played, including Zen Pinball 2 & Star Wars Pinball, has the option to turn off stereoscopic 3D during a game.

I don't mind waiting for it, but I hope they are actually still working on it and not assuming it's a fad and no one cares about it.

It's running the latest build. When I was at the expo on Thursday they just had the regular PS3 version of the game running. The FarSight guy was downloading the 3D version on another PS3 which is why I know that you can't get switch from the regular version to the 3D version on the fly.

I was referring to the whole booth concept as a demonstration or a demo but didn't mean that the game itself was a demo version.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It's running the latest build. When I was at the expo on Thursday they just had the regular PS3 version of the game running. The FarSight guy was downloading the 3D version on another PS3 which is why I know that you can't get switch from the regular version to the 3D version on the fly.

They probably just haven't integrated stereoscopic 3D into their PS3 demo build.

It would be a bad idea not to let the user turn off the 3D effect during game play since many people may experience eye fatigue after 30 minutes (on average) and some TPA games can last hours.

My personal experience with 3D during Zen Pinball usually starts off with 3D turned on and after about 20 minutes I'll turn down the effect or turn it off for a while.
I wish I could just leave it on the entire time, but my eyes are 41 years old and just can't handle it. :p

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
They probably just haven't integrated stereoscopic 3D into their PS3 demo build.

It would be a bad idea not to let the user turn off the 3D effect during game play since many people may experience eye fatigue after 30 minutes (on average) and some TPA games can last hours.

My personal experience with 3D during Zen Pinball usually starts off with 3D turned on and after about 20 minutes I'll turn down the effect or turn it off for a while.
I wish I could just leave it on the entire time, but my eyes are 41 years old and just can't handle it. :p

My point was only that they haven't gotten far enough to add an option to their menu to turn 3D on and off.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012

If you're asking whether there's going to be a downloadable TPA demo on PS4, what they told me on Facebook when I asked is that there will be a "trial" version, which I think probably means "yes."

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed at the new TPA Newsletter.

This is the last newsletter prior to their big release of TPA on the PS4 (11/15/13) and
they barely even gave it a mention.

No details on pricing, which tables are included, if Season Passes will be implemented... and so on.
About 6 months ago they spoke of a Cross-Discount and then didn't say a single word about it despite customers asking them over and over again.

This makes me worried that we are going to get a repeat of the PS3 and Vita, where iOS and Android get 75% of their attention and the consoles and PC get what's left over.
I really want this to do well and I plan on buying this on 11/15.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Did they not allow recording footage of the kiosk screen?
I still find the lack of TPA PS4 videos with the release less than 2 weeks away a bit strange.

It seems like there should be more build up for a new platform launch like this.
This probably won't happen again for at least another 7 years!

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Unfortunately marketing has never been Farsight's strong point, which in a way is understandably because it all comes down to money of course.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Being a day 1 release gives them a great automatic marketing because they are one of the few games on the service, and everyone's going to be downloading and checking out everything they can when they get the system.

Give you examples games on Xbox Live Arcade that sold multiple millions of digital copies, had they have been released in 2011,12,13 would have just got lost in the shuffle. I believe one of the reasons Pinball FX/Zen got so big is because they were there so close to the launch of the original 360 and PS3. So I think Farsight has a great opportunity here to get new fans.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Definitely true. I have a LOT of Arcade games on my Xbox 360, not so many on my PS3 as I got it much later and was already burned out on them.

Once a game collection gets a certain size its really hard to decide what to try. It also doesn't help when your HDD gets full.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
And Sony's site for the PS4 doesn't have TPA anywhere on the Games section.

Then again, I'm pretty sure there's also others missing from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts