Pro Pinball

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Wow, that might make TPA unplayable after playing that table. You won't want to go back..

Sure, TPA will still have its place, but as you ^ said, it will set the new standerd.
Timeshock! will no more make TPA unplayable than DMD machines made alphanumerics unplayable. Yes, it is beautiful compared to TPA tables. It should be, considering the length of time that is going into its development. (TPA, on the other hand, on average has a new table coming out every fifteen days, at least on mobiles.) And it will still just be one table. Even if Timeshock! arrives exactly on schedule, TPA will be up to 43 tables by then.

So there will be plenty of room for both TPA and Pro Pinball. Play TPA when you want to play real tables and have lots of options (or if you want to play something simpler than Timeshock!, which if I remember correctly is up there with TSPP in terms of ruleset complexity). Play Timeshock! when you want to drown yourself in visual sensory overload. No need to choose only one or the other.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Timeshock! will no more make TPA unplayable than DMD machines made alphanumerics unplayable. Yes, it is beautiful compared to TPA tables. It should be, considering the length of time that is going into its development. (TPA, on the other hand, on average has a new table coming out every fifteen days, at least on mobiles.) And it will still just be one table. Even if Timeshock! arrives exactly on schedule, TPA will be up to 43 tables by then.

So there will be plenty of room for both TPA and Pro Pinball. Play TPA when you want to play real tables and have lots of options (or if you want to play something simpler than Timeshock!, which if I remember correctly is up there with TSPP in terms of ruleset complexity). Play Timeshock! when you want to drown yourself in visual sensory overload. No need to choose only one or the other.

Exactly. I don't understand how people simply can't grasp that two things can be good at the same time. It's like saying that because I like milk that apple juice can't be good.

What if down the road TPA support BAM. I'd like to see Pro Pinball pull that one off.

Seriously people Mario64 didn't make Super Mario World any less playable.

I love Timeshock. I'm glad it's been several years since I've last played it in any serious capacity because it's one table. I'm not trying to diminish anyone's efforts as I respect silverball studios as well as farsight. But I'd love to see what they could do with a monthly release Window. Different ways to skin a cat. As someone who plays tpa, vp, pro pinball, getting more into future pinball and occaisonally zen, and some rise of the rob-o-bot. Seriously why can't people just appreciate each application for what it is instead of insisting it fits into their narrow perspective of good?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
What's nice to see is the Pro Pinball guys supported the Farsight Kickatarters and Farsight have supported the PP kickstarter. We all love Pinball and it's so good to see two professional software houses supporting and pushing pinball to the masses. Both are welcome on my cabinet any day.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
What's nice to see is the Pro Pinball guys supported the Farsight Kickatarters and Farsight have supported the PP kickstarter. We all love Pinball and it's so good to see two professional software houses supporting and pushing pinball to the masses. Both are welcome on my cabinet any day.

If the site had a like button, I would have clicked yours :D

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
I guess I just got caught up in the gorgeous Timeshock video. I didn't say it would replace TPA.

You guys are right, both will have their place, and I think when the PS4 and PC version of TPA comes out, it will for sure rival Pro Pinball in terms of lighting and physics.

Pro pinball will be good for custom designed tables, and Pinball Arcade will be good for real life tables.

Sorry for the confusion.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I guess I just got caught up in the gorgeous Timeshock video. I didn't say it would replace TPA.

You guys are right, both will have their place, and I think when the PS4 and PC version of TPA comes out, it will for sure rival Pro Pinball in terms of lighting and physics.

Pro pinball will be good for custom designed tables, and Pinball Arcade will be good for real life tables.

Sorry for the confusion.

Oh no worries...we're mostly all friends here....mostly....

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Exactly. I don't understand how people simply can't grasp that two things can be good at the same time. It's like saying that because I like milk that apple juice can't be good.

What if down the road TPA support BAM. I'd like to see Pro Pinball pull that one off.

Seriously people Mario64 didn't make Super Mario World any less playable.

I love Timeshock. I'm glad it's been several years since I've last played it in any serious capacity because it's one table. I'm not trying to diminish anyone's efforts as I respect silverball studios as well as farsight. But I'd love to see what they could do with a monthly release Window. Different ways to skin a cat. As someone who plays tpa, vp, pro pinball, getting more into future pinball and occaisonally zen, and some rise of the rob-o-bot. Seriously why can't people just appreciate each application for what it is instead of insisting it fits into their narrow perspective of good?

Exactly!!!

I can still get enjoyment out of playing games on my older home systems. Playing Zelda:OOT doesn't make the original Legend Of Zelda any less enjoyable. I can't see why we can't enjoy more than one pinball game.

I think TPA is incredible. It's a game that allows me to play the pinball tables that I remember playing when they were everywhere. Actual existing ones...

I'm not anywhere as big on the Zaccaria pinball game - but that is mainly because I'm not familiar with those real-life tables. So I can easily see why people over in Europe love this app. But it still is a fun game to play! And I do enjoy playing it. :)

I've seen enough of the Pro Pinball KS to know that Timeshock looks incredible. I've even gone out looking for the old PSOne games to see what the fuss is all about (no luck so far,what I've found has been horribly scratched). And I'll be contributing to the KS - I'm just deciding at what level to do so. (I'd love to try a PC version,but I don't have a video card in my Dell,so until I get one,or a new PC - that might be a non starter).

But there is room in my house for all three games...

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Here is a comment from the Pro Pinball developer which might be a good reason to increase your pledge for the Pro Pinball Ultra Edition Kickstarter to get Alpha test access. This means a copy of the game up to 3 months before anyone else! :)

"Exact Alpha testing dates will depend a bit on platforms. But early October should be possible for all the current platforms".

Asked about whether ball spin will be supported in the new Pro Pinball Ultra, the developer said:

"Actually, the original version of Timeshock! did have a 2D spin model. BRUSA and FJ both had 3D spin models. Of course, to go one better the ULTRA version of Timeshock! we will have to create a brand new 4D spin model. ;-)"

Superb news!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Exactly!!!

I can still get enjoyment out of playing games on my older home systems. Playing Zelda:OOT doesn't make the original Legend Of Zelda any less enjoyable. I can't see why we can't enjoy more than one pinball game.

I think TPA is incredible. It's a game that allows me to play the pinball tables that I remember playing when they were everywhere. Actual existing ones...

I'm not anywhere as big on the Zaccaria pinball game - but that is mainly because I'm not familiar with those real-life tables. So I can easily see why people over in Europe love this app. But it still is a fun game to play! And I do enjoy playing it. :)

I've seen enough of the Pro Pinball KS to know that Timeshock looks incredible. I've even gone out looking for the old PSOne games to see what the fuss is all about (no luck so far,what I've found has been horribly scratched). And I'll be contributing to the KS - I'm just deciding at what level to do so. (I'd love to try a PC version,but I don't have a video card in my Dell,so until I get one,or a new PC - that might be a non starter).

But there is room in my house for all three games...

I think playing Link to the Past makes all the new Zelda's obsolete and not worth playing. Since it's a better game ;)

Listen nobody has to come rush in and defend Farsight. If Pro Pinball had licenses to do real machines in this graphics engine... I'd melt. However, keep in mind it's a 2D engine with drawbacks inherent to that design choice and second we have no idea how well it plays. I'm not interested in fantasy boards and fake physics that's why I don't play Zen.

TBH nothing in that video can't be done on a PS4 lighting-wise. It's just a question of how much talent the crew at Farsight has and more importantly, how much time and money they have to invest in JUST the PS4/PC side.... and the answer to that question, is not much (a few weeks for each table :(..).

However, I think that on the PC side, once modders step in. It will match and/or exceed Pro Pinball. Yes, in full 3D as well.

Here is a comment from the Pro Pinball developer which might be a good reason to increase your pledge for the Pro Pinball Ultra Edition Kickstarter to get Alpha test access. This means a copy of the game up to 3 months before anyone else! :)

"Exact Alpha testing dates will depend a bit on platforms. But early October should be possible for all the current platforms".

Asked about whether ball spin will be supported in the new Pro Pinball Ultra, the developer said:

"Actually, the original version of Timeshock! did have a 2D spin model. BRUSA and FJ both had 3D spin models. Of course, to go one better the ULTRA version of Timeshock! we will have to create a brand new 4D spin model. ;-)"

Superb news!

4D... lol I think he's joking dude.

Anyways I am interested to see how it plays.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
4D... lol I think he's joking dude.

Anyways I am interested to see how it plays.

I did wonder about the 4D and think it maybe a tongue in cheek way of probably hinting that the ball can leave table. The Web has 2D ball spin, the others had 3D which is a spin up in the air.. Whatever.... The info i am pointing out is it will handle ball spin which is a crucial part of pinball simulation is accuracy is desired.

Last edited:

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
I'm a little concerned that the current KS seems to have lost velocity with a little over two weeks to go at just under 85% pledged. They've got to get about 375 pounds a day on average from this point on. Just really hoping to playing TS again by the end of the year after not being able to play it on my Mac for so many years...

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
We pulled in around 1000 British Pounds just today alone. We are just about 1,000 Pounds from the finish line. This one is in the bag IMHO.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.