Pro Pinball

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I would be extremely surprised if they withheld operator options.

I get the impression that they are trying to poise themselves as a much better value than TPA, as well as being more consumer friendly as a lot of their pitches seem to involve mentioning things that are often complained about in TPA as being strengths of theirs

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I get the impression that they are trying to poise themselves as a much better value than TPA, as well as being more consumer friendly as a lot of their pitches seem to involve mentioning things that are often complained about in TPA as being strengths of theirs
Given the amount of time it's taking them just to make 1 table, TPA is in no danger of finding itself eclipsed by Pro Pinball.

And I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm not looking for the same experience in Pro Pinball that I am in TPA. I fully intend to have both games once Timeshock is ready and enjoy them both for what they are: one a simulator of many real tables, if somewhat imperfectly executed; and the other a pure-virtual pinball game with unusually strong visuals and physics, but limited to one (at the moment) table.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Given the amount of time it's taking them just to make 1 table, TPA is in no danger of finding itself eclipsed by Pro Pinball.

And I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm not looking for the same experience in Pro Pinball that I am in TPA. I fully intend to have both games once Timeshock is ready and enjoy them both for what they are: one a simulator of many real tables, if somewhat imperfectly executed; and the other a pure-virtual pinball game with unusually strong visuals and physics, but limited to one (at the moment) table.

Oh no worries here. That's just something I noticed. I plan on having both as well

pinwolf

Feb 28, 2014
to any beta testers if you can say is the new pyhics engine in there yet? its very pretty but i wanna see the next gen phyics the most flipper interaction etc

At the moment we still wait for the Alpha. Judging from latest posts in the VIP section of the propinball forum I hope for this month.
The very first Alpha build will have the original Timeshock physics, then Fantastic Journey physics will be implemented and this then further enhanced to T!Ultra physics.
The final version will offer both classic and ultra physics mode. Plus the Machine setup option like BRUSA and FJ (table slope, condition, flipper power) and the operator menu with all the game rules, statistics and 'solenoid' test fire. Also there will be a 'glass off' mode where you can play with all playfield features and a ball 'per hand').
Not to forget the plethora of different high score tables for easy/normal/hard/custom rules and the buy-in highscores (that is a very nice feature of the pro pinball games, that you actually have to earn the credits for buy-in play through game play).
This info is all what I have gathered from Ade's post at the moment.
I don't think there will be any extra 'pro' modes. All versions on all platforms will have the same features and operator options, but it will of course be only one table at a little more money then a PA or Zen pack? Don't know and I honestly don't care - I invested over 100€ in this, just to see it eventually happen.
Youtube videos from the alpha are allowed, so things should get more interesting for all in near future.

Last edited:

pinwolf

Feb 28, 2014
I checked the threads in the pro-pinball forum again and it's seems I'm was not right about only one version with all features included. Sorry.

I'm afraid it hasn't been decided yet. But it's likely we'll offer two versions at different price points:

1. User version (no operator's menu or glass off mode)
2. Operator's version (access to everything)

What I can say is that the operator's version, initially at least, will cost at least as much, if not more than our Kickstarter backers pledged for the game.

It get's even more complicated when counting in all the kickstarter extras like standard or extra designed custome balls and shipped drm-free copys ect.

But the pro-pinball homepage still has the pledge option per paypal. Maybe it's still possible to get a good deal? I would try and ask per e-mail.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Nice! I'm in.

Is that just for Timeshock?

Maybe they'll release the other tables and have them actually be playable. GOG ones are still troublesome :(

wolfson

May 24, 2013
pinbaballwiz45b just seen it on steam. I have never played pro pinball but from all the chit-chat about it, I can tell you I`m bloody well looking forward to it !!! yahoo more pinball tables !!!! :cool: :rolleyes:

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
Nice! I'm in.

Is that just for Timeshock?

Maybe they'll release the other tables and have them actually be playable. GOG ones are still troublesome :(

I assume, it is for all tables, because the name on steam is

"Pro Pinball - The Ultra Editions"

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Also, some renders of the spinning crystal:

653234956c875db101b8ba324ee9c261_large.jpg

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
in the todays kickstarter update they said a video with footage of the game, running with final renders will be released soon.

i am really looking forward for this...

Argh.
The word "soon" should be banned. Or I should learn some patience :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts