Pro Pinball

karl

May 10, 2012
This is going way to slow. Lets hope the rest of the game enhancements like physics will be a faster process. Was looking forward to play this on a real cabinet this year, but now I have my doubts about that being possible. Hope I am wrong because the small tidbits we have seen is breathtaking. But if this so much work I have my doubts about the rest of the Pro Pinball tables even being done. Again, hope I am wrong. I'll stay aboard for as long as it takes though, biting my nails in anticipation.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
This is going way to slow. Lets hope the rest of the game enhancements like physics will be a faster process. Was looking forward to play this on a real cabinet this year, but now I have my doubts about that being possible. Hope I am wrong because the small tidbits we have seen is breathtaking. But if this so much work I have my doubts about the rest of the Pro Pinball tables even being done. Again, hope I am wrong. I'll stay aboard for as long as it takes though, biting my nails in anticipation.

And to think they were originally funding for every single one of them - and more!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Based on the update they posted this evening in the VIP forum listing the tasks left todo by the developers I reckon the alpha might be out within 4 weeks (that's just my estimate of course).

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Based on the update they posted this evening in the VIP forum listing the tasks left todo by the developers I reckon the alpha might be out within 4 weeks (that's just my estimate of course).

Damn, I should pledge again for alpha access...

N

netizen

Any insider news? Anyone? I really feel it coming now... :)

The forum was updated to deal with a bug - so update you passwords

As of Apr 4th:
This week's tasks:

• Windows: Added sound volume/panning/frequency-shifting.
  • Windows: Changed the way sound channels allocate and free voices to fix reported memory leaks.
  • Windows: Updated OpenEXR build system to support Windows XP and up.
  • Added server script to generate a licence to enable user entitlements.
  • Started to add licence support to the game. The plan is to log into the server and download a licence the first time the game is started. For offline installs, there'll be a way of getting a licence file that can be copied onto the target machine and installed in the game.

Tasks still to be completed for the first alpha:

• Finish off code for logging into the server and installing a licence.

Rendering this week has again been finding missing DMD light renders and adding the backbox light. Here's a couple of the backbox renders:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83188435/Pictures/Screen-1-Backbox-High-000000.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...reen-glass_reflection-Backbox-High-000000.jpg

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Dat Backglass reflection 0.0

Screen-glass_reflection-Backbox-High-000000.jpg

Screen-1-Backbox-High-000000.jpg

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm still surprised this is taking so long. Other than things like rendering times or what have you (which is vastly different from how it was 15 years ago) it should be a relative cinch to get this up and running I'd have thought.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I'm still surprised this is taking so long. Other than things like rendering times or what have you (which is vastly different from how it was 15 years ago) it should be a relative cinch to get this up and running I'd have thought.

I thought the same. With the time they take this "remake" better be flawless ^^

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The forum was updated to deal with a bug - so update you passwords

Well, at least fixing heartbleed can be seen as some sort of life sign :p

Last time it sounded like the alpha would be hitting the testers any minute now and we would probably see some live action vids.

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
The Alpha version of Pro Pinball Timeshock Ultra Edition is out and it looks amazing!!

I would post a picture but i dont know if i am allowed to do this...

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
The Alpha version of Pro Pinball Timeshock Ultra Edition is out and it looks amazing!!

I would post a picture but i dont know if i am allowed to do this...

Did they say that you guys can post videos?

EDIT: Just got an Epiphany for a possible trailer for Timeshock!. Show the original game, selecting the Time Zone to "The Future", then have it actually warp to the ULTRA Edition. Then they'll go from there.

Last edited:

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
For a pitty, i have sold my Nvidia graphics card a few days before and still waiting for the arrival of my new one (GTX 770) :cool:
So i can only play it with the IGP from my intel i5 CPU. (I think it's a HD4000)
But it plays not so bad at a resolution of 1080x1920 with almost 50 fps.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts