Pro Pinball

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
https://www.facebook.com/pro.pinball/posts/777813155591946

It is our pleasure to introduce Silver Castle Pinball, with whom we are collaborating to make physical Pro Pinball: Timeshock! pinball machines a reality! More information about this very exciting development to follow soon…

https://www.facebook.com/silvercastlepinball/posts/691132097640532

Within the next couple of weeks our game will officially be announced in a featured full size article on pinballnews.com

In addition we have compiled a list of answers to some of the questions we received via Pinside/Facebook and e-mail.

- What’s the fuzz
We’re building Timeshock!.

Pro Pinball: Timeshock! is a PC pinball simulation released in 1997 and has since sold millions of copies around the world. Despite its age, it’s still seen as one of the most realistic pinball simulators ever made. It is praised for its excellent gameplay and deep rule set. Currently an HD version of the PC game is in development under the name “Timeshock! The ULTRA Edition”.

- There are so many new games announced these days. Why is this any different?
As far as we know, this will be the first time a physical pinball is based upon a PC pinball simulation. The layout and ruleset have proven itself to be fun and exciting and the theme has stood the test of time. We think the game is simply awesome!

- Do you own the license to build this game?
Like Ade has mentioned a few posts back: yes, we do.

- How are the original game creators involved in this?
We are working with almost the entire team that developed the original game, to create the most authentic experience possible.

- Are you just starting with this?
No, we have been working under the radar for over a year now. A flipping whitewood is up and running

- Is this another five year wait?
We plan to be production ready by summer 2015.

- What about deposits and pre-orders ?
Regardless of whatever payment plans we will offer when the time comes, we will always offer the option to only pay in full when the machine is production ready and parts sourcing/assembly begins.

- Kickst

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
No wonder they were making slow progress with the ultra version when they were constantly freaking out abou this under the radar.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
This isn't a brand new announcement - they always hinted they were looking into getting this made.

The question NOW is... with a real version of the machine, will Farsight make a digital version of the real version for TPA? :rolleyes:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
wow a limited etion pin nobody will see outside papa or a collector, how nea. itl be intrestung to see hiw well it will translate to real life, if layout or anything will need to be changed to fit in with those ****ty reql world pyshics

almost a year into the porject and all eve got so far is some shiney **** and an almost twenty yr old engine otherwise...it seems to be goimg well?

people seem to forgivr alot because of rosey propinball memories i have little if any real memories of them. being a profectionst is one thing, and most have wqited years for anew propin, but if i come in here next year saying the same thing abkut the soon to be out gold master it wont be funny.

not ****ting on the project but thry should focus where there real market is ya know digital pinball

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm in no hurry, and I'm a kickstarter. Besides, I assume SilverCastle and Barnstorm Games are working on their own projects separately.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
wow a limited etion pin nobody will see outside papa or a collector, how nea. itl be intrestung to see hiw well it will translate to real life, if layout or anything will need to be changed to fit in with those ****ty reql world pyshics

almost a year into the porject and all eve got so far is some shiney **** and an almost twenty yr old engine otherwise...it seems to be goimg well?

people seem to forgivr alot because of rosey propinball memories i have little if any real memories of them. being a profectionst is one thing, and most have wqited years for anew propin, but if i come in here next year saying the same thing abkut the soon to be out gold master it wont be funny.

not ****ting on the project but thry should focus where there real market is ya know digital pinball

Heh, that almost twenty year old engine still blows TPA away in the physics department.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
hey man ill take yer word for it, but thinking about it earlier, with a real white biard to make a new revision of that engine might be the lerfect thing as farsight tweaks to tables for realisim maybe this is a good thing,

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
Ade wrote this at Pinside the other day:

"I'm happy to confirm that one of my dreams is finally coming true, and a virtual pinball game I designed nearly 20 years ago (Pro Pinball: Timeshock!) is being made real by the talented guys at Silver Castle Pinball! We'll be helping out with the software, but they're doing everything else to make this amazing thing happen. I'm sure they'll be sharing more details and some of the cool things they've already shown me soon."

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/proud-to-announce-2/page/2#post-1790426

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Based on that article and the fact that they are from the Netherlands I believe the guys at silver castle collaborate with the dutch pinball guys for manufacturing.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
There are a few at vpf.org

Even with their old physics engine, it plays great.

Really looking forward to the release.

As well as seeing the progress on the real world timeshock that is being built

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It just occurs to me that the kickstarter ended over a year ago. Considering that this project is being done by humans, I assume that they need to eat, pay bills, eat, and also pay bills. That KS money has got to be gone by now. Is it possible to still release this thing?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.