Pro Pinball

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
It just occurs to me that the kickstarter ended over a year ago. Considering that this project is being done by humans, I assume that they need to eat, pay bills, eat, and also pay bills. That KS money has got to be gone by now. Is it possible to still release this thing?

Kickstarter = free money. When that runs out, maybe they'll have to release this to earn some cash.

I wonder if the Kickstarter, which supposedly was to enable TS to be rushed through the Studio, actually worked in reverse for us, by giving them the luxury to work on something else instead?

I love Timeshock, but I'm not a fan of Adrian.

night

May 18, 2012
I never put a penny in it because the idea to start a kickstarter for Pro Pinball is a strange idea from the start. They could have easily re-release TimeShock for Android and iOS and invest the earnings into a bigger plan. God knows what these guys are doing all this time, really what the hell are they doing, working on Pro Pinball 24-7 all this time, c'mon. Another render, another short flick, another teaser. I am working with 3D and rendering stuff, and it is just plain insane that this stuff take this long and that they need all the fancy computers to do their job. I work on an 7 year old PowerMac and it still renders fast, and my Mac can be bought for a few hunderds of $ second hand. This whole project is going no-where and this game will never be released untill someone proves me I am wrong.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The alpha is quite playable and they do make progress it seems.
But slooooow. Must be quite the leisure working in the games industry.
The are busy with dx11 I guess.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
Explanation from the Kickstarter Comments:

"Thanks for the comments everyone. I'll do my best to explain why things have taken so much longer than we initially anticipated.

The delays primarily stem from the techniques we are using to create the new dynamic graphics. These techniques, to the best of our knowledge, have not been used in any game before, which have led to a number of unforeseen complications.

The time needed to set up individual renders was a lot longer than expected, which delayed working on other parts of the game. The price of EC2 servers went very high during the end of 2013 - start of 2014, which meant we were doing most of the rendering using just our office machines. When it came to putting the renders into the game, there was a lot of expected manual work needed, most of which was working around rendering problems due to the rendering algorithm itself and also meant re-rendering images that were unusable.

We are currently the process of rendering more views and optimising the graphics to run on a wide range of iOS hardware. We hope to share the iOS version with our backer testers very soon.

We've learnt a lot along the way, and it will be quicker to do future views/tables going forward. Having been through the process for one view, I’d like to think that any future estimates we make will be much more accurate.

I’m sorry it has taken such a long time, but I'm confident that the final result will be worth the wait. Thanks as ever for your understanding.

Ade."

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Wow thats steep, probably worth it I just dont have that kind of petty cash. Will buy this the first day its out!

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
i guess i really don't understand. if the whole point of getting pro pinball is to have the original physics engine and they are literally just doing a port of the game, why has it taken a year? I'm sorta glad i completely missed this kickstarter. It'd be pretty maddening to be involved with.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Wow, so they are only just preparing the iOS version. Not even moving onto Android or other platforms yet. Give it another year.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
i guess i really don't understand. if the whole point of getting pro pinball is to have the original physics engine and they are literally just doing a port of the game, why has it taken a year? I'm sorta glad i completely missed this kickstarter. It'd be pretty maddening to be involved with.
The original physics engine has been put in there as a stopgap while they work on the Ultra Physics Engine. That was described in the Kickstarter.

If they were doing "just a port" of the game, they would just copy the assets they had over to mobile platforms and they would have been released a year ago now. But they aren't doing that. They are completely re-generating all the graphics in super high resolution using a completely new graphics algorithm.

In hindsight, they should have released what they had up front to both backers (for free) and the general public, then they should have worked on Ultra and released it to backers only as an exclusive for one month then to the general public.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Kickstarter = free money. When that runs out, maybe they'll have to release this to earn some cash.

I wonder if the Kickstarter, which supposedly was to enable TS to be rushed through the Studio, actually worked in reverse for us, by giving them the luxury to work on something else instead?

I love Timeshock, but I'm not a fan of Adrian.

Perhaps they have a few real pins at their studio and they spend more time playing those. The time frame is asinine.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
In hindsight, they should have released what they had up front to both backers (for free) and the general public, then they should have worked on Ultra and released it to backers only as an exclusive for one month then to the general public.
That would have been better. The ultra physics later as an update for high end devices. For ipad2 or galaxy tab2 the old engine would have been more than enough.

night

May 18, 2012
The original physics engine has been put in there as a stopgap while they work on the Ultra Physics Engine. That was described in the Kickstarter.

If they were doing "just a port" of the game, they would just copy the assets they had over to mobile platforms and they would have been released a year ago now. But they aren't doing that. They are completely re-generating all the graphics in super high resolution using a completely new graphics algorithm.

Exactly.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
take note,people shouldn`t complain about Farsight. in the USA you started about april of 2012 and us in EUROPE and OZ we started September 2012 buying our tables.well this Friday (OZ Saturday) we`ll be getting our 52nd table ,not bad I`d say !!! :eek:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
ra2a3a6u.jpg

LMAO - original begging pledge.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.