Pro Pinball

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
If this can motivate FS to release it sooner for the PC and with cab mode, we're in for a(nother) golden age of pin emulation.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I never played the original Pro Pinball, but if they've signed Lawlor on to design a table for the remake, they definitely have my attention now.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just followed on Twitter too. Can't wait to see what PL comes up with. I hope they keep it to a table that could actually exist.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Definitely going to back this Kickstarter... but for how much? Only time will tell.

Ade

Silverball Studios
Aug 1, 2012
Just followed on Twitter too. Can't wait to see what PL comes up with. I hope they keep it to a table that could actually exist.
That's definitely the plan: To design the ultimate pinball table that COULD be made for REAL. We also want the backers to help choose the theme for the new game. So if anyone has suggestions please let us know.

Ade

Silverball Studios
Aug 1, 2012
It's difficult to imagine that TPA's successful Kickstarter wasn't an enormous impetus for this remake.
You would think that wouldn't you. :) But in fact, we first had the idea way back in April. At which point we decided to make a concerted effort to get the Pro Pinball rights back, which we finally managed to do last month.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
You would think that wouldn't you. :) But in fact, we first had the idea way back in April. At which point we decided to make a concerted effort to get the Pro Pinball rights back, which we finally managed to do last month.

Ah, well then I stand corrected. A striking coincidence to be sure. Well you have my support as well. What a great year for pinball enthusiasts.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
A brand new Pat Lawlor table??? Definitely looking forward to this.

Yeah, let's see... my favorite "fake" pinball tables ever + a new table from the designer of my favorite real table (Funhouse). Uh, yeah, SIGN. ME. UP. If this was for a PS3 version right away, I'd already be throwing money at them. I'll still support this, even for just a PC version.

Tabe

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
We also want the backers to help choose the theme for the new game. So if anyone has suggestions please let us know.

I’m curious. If the Kickstarter campaign raises truckloads of money, would you consider a licensed property for the theme? Or do you want to stay with something completely original?

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Big Race was probably one of the last PSOne games , and the last Pinball game I bought before Pinball Arcade . Unfortunately I dont recall much , my PSone was usurped by the PS2 at the time and playing last gen's games was painful .

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
It's certainly interesting news :)
Searched KS as soon as I saw on PN.
Is it up yet? Andy

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Okay, so I decided to check the non-TPA side on here for the first time in weeks, and the first thing I read is THIS INSANE NEWS. I can't wait until the Kickstarter goes live, you guys have my money for sure. I just love Pat Lawlor, and the old Pro Pinball tables look super cool as well.

Now - I know this is a dedicated TPA forum, but don't you think this is big enough news to get mentioned on our news page? This is literally the second or third time I've visited this subforum and I think this is an opportunity that deserves as much attention as possible. This is about one of the most influential people in pinball designing a new game!

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I’m curious. If the Kickstarter campaign raises truckloads of money, would you consider a licensed property for the theme? Or do you want to stay with something completely original?

I'd personally prefer if they use the money to hire a professional sound and music designer like Chris Granner. If there's one area where I've seen almost every fantasy pinball severely lack, it's sound design. Or add John Youssi for the playfield art in the mix! Licenses have to be renewed, and I wouldn't want this new table to be pulled in the future if something with a potential license goes awry.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Big Race was probably one of the last PSOne games , and the last Pinball game I bought before Pinball Arcade . Unfortunately I dont recall much , my PSone was usurped by the PS2 at the time and playing last gen's games was painful .
Big Race USA was a budget title for the PS1, or at least, stores always placed it with the post-mortem budget shovelware.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.