Pro Pinball

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I played this back on ps1... thinking of maybe picking up one of the pc version tables at gog.com, good old games is an awesome site if you didnt know about it, it's got a nice library of classic pc games that are very hard to run nowadays perfectly setup for you to run easily on our computers today. It's not a pirate site it's a fully legitmate you have to pay for these games site.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
1.2b on BRUSA Normal; 2nd in Big Race.

By the way: I can name out three tables that are based on:

The Web: Star Trek: The Next Generation
Timeshock: Dragon's Keep (Full Tilt!)
BRUSA: Road Show
Fantastic Journey: ?

Any ideas on what FJ could be?

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
The Pro Pinball demo does look awesome. the 3D elements look WAY better than TPA. I hope they can catch up with this quality.. Timeshock is a very cool pin btw.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
don't want to repeat obvious stuff, but pro pinball has prerendered tables, thats why it looks so good... also thats why it loads during camera switching

night

May 18, 2012
don't want to repeat obvious stuff, but pro pinball has prerendered tables, thats why it looks so good... also thats why it loads during camera switching

'that's why it loads during camera switching', what do you mean by that? That it will be a steady table without the camera hovering over the table, following ball movement?

night

May 18, 2012

I'll have to see if this going to be a real party-pooper as the still demo looks very promising.

New renders:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../312390?ref=email&show_token=8508851606c62e6b

Those materials - so good!

I really, really doubt they would just drop all this stuff if the Kickstarter doesn´t make it. They clearly already invested a lot of time into this, not to mention bought the rights to the series back in the first place.

...I hope.

I am a sucker for quality graphics, and this is just fantastic. Considering TPA: Do I need a camera that hoovers all over the place on my iPad? We don't have that in real life..
Can't wait to give Pro Pinball a shot.

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
This update has already more comments than even the Pat Lawlor video a few days ago has. Maybe this isn´t saying much, but I hope this indicates a renewed interest.

Say what you will: While the goal is indeed quite high (and seems so far off), you can´t say Silverball aren´t doing a fantastic job with all these little teasers and previews. They react to fan suggestions, added a ton of more pledge levels, and have a good feeling for how to keep the fire going so far. These renders impress me even more than the already incredible lighting demo.

Who knows, maybe they´ll make it after all :)

night

May 18, 2012
Resurrecting old tables is great, but creating brand-new ones with the help of famous pinball designers and artists is really a step forward, this is it, this is the future of pinball! And I'll give up any camera movement for such graphic quality if that's what it takes.

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
Here is a screenshot from the original version:

c7f9okuckq68t5fpp.jpg

Even in 1997 it already looks damned good.

Can't wait to see the new version in action....

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
'that's why it loads during camera switching', what do you mean by that? That it will be a steady table without the camera hovering over the table, following ball movement?

on tpa when you switch the view, it just switches... on pro pinball when you switch the view, a 'new version' of the table loads, ie one with a different view...

pro pinball = prerendered gfx

tpa = on the fly gfx

prerendered can yield much better visuals than on-the-fly...

for comparison here are two resident evil games for gamecube...

resident evil remake, has prerendered gfx, and look absolutely stunning

while resident evil 4 has on-the-fly gfx and while still looking good, the remake kinda blows it out of the water in the visual department (can't embed this video, becouse the forum only seems to allow 1 video link in a post)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QhLzrbJLSo

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts