Pro Pinball

night

May 18, 2012
Let them resurrect TimeShock and the fanbase and cash will follow. A demo is not enough, it's too early to ask for money.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I have some questions about the original Timeshock:
1. Is it possible to change the dot matrix color?
2. Is there a way to disable the novice mode question?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
A bit steep these days indeed. 1 Table at a time like they originally did would be there best bet with a physical table as the main objectieve. Maybe Jersey Jack would buy the rights for his second table since STERN is snatching up the original creators.
Is that right? The table designers for these virtual tables are now building real ones for Stern?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Do Stern need table designers? They just re-theme their tables every year don't they? ;)
No, they only did that with Striker X / NFL, and Family Guy / Shrek, and they did it to hit different market segments. Soccer isn't popular here, but football is, hence the change there, and Family Guy isn't very family friendly, hence Shrek. Of course, some tables, such as RBION and AC/DC, have layouts very close to past tables (in this case Addams Family and T2, respectively), though they are not 100% identical, and have different rule sets. Their designers (Lawlor especially) have also been accused of rehashing layouts long before Stern.

Last edited:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Debating which PP release is better:
Timeshock! vs Fantastic Journey
Timeshock! has more action, but FJ the better music and physics.
What do you think?

Fritti

Jul 27, 2012
Timeshock! FJ is good as well but I never got into the theme as much as I got into Timeshock. Also Timeshock is harder IMHO, which makes it last longer.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Tiemshock! is my favourite by far. And I even like Big Race USA better than Fabtastic Journey. Heck, I may even like The Web better than Fantastic Journey.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I don't like BRUSA as much as FJ or Timeshock!. The theme isn't for me which is strange since I like Williams taxi.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Timeshock had the better layout, but you're right, FJ had better graphics and physics. It also works better on my computer (Timeshock, while playable, has a lot of graphical oddities).
I also noticed how difficult it is to shoot with precision on FJ, much like a lot of real tables.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
For me, The Web is my definite favorite. I would LOVE to see an updated version of that table with the same level of graphics detail and physics as even the 1998 version of Timeshock (let alone the reboot version). After that, but not far behind, would be BRUSA. And then, in a distant 3rd and 4th, are Timeshock and FJ. Both great games but lagging waaaay behind the other two, IMHO.

Tabe

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
They said they were still working on it. The next Kickstarter for ULTRA Timeshock! will probably be coming this month or the next, in 2013.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts