Pro Pinball

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Maybe the installer is 16 bit and won't work under 64 bit windows? If the disc has the DOS version of The Web, maybe use DOS Box to install it?

It should install fine, I run it on 64-bit windows 7 also.

I finally got it to install today, thanks for the help guys.

Also, Timeshock is really floaty compared to the newer tables like BRUSA and FJ. Is that normal?

It is normal. The physics of Timeshock were top notch when it was the newest of games but the improvements in BRUSA and FJ are very noticable.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Good news on their facebook page saying that they will shoot the video for the kickstarter next week. They have been slightly delayed due to snow in the England.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
I hope they will produce the lighting quality they showed in the previous kicker. If they do Im sure they will be succesful

N

Nik Barbour

Good news on their facebook page saying that they will shoot the video for the kickstarter next week. They have been slightly delayed due to snow in the England.

I'm in the England - we've only had a couple of inches and most of that's gone.
You wouldn't believe how everyone panics, schools close, people stay off work, no bread in the shops. :mad:

Any news on Android support from day 1?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
You wouldn't believe how everyone panics, schools close, people stay off work, no bread in the shops. :mad:

Any news on Android support from day 1?

I think they said initially Windows, Mac, iOS and then others may follow. I really hope they make this kickstarter, and a lot of the new PA fans get behind them.

I used to live in the UK and remember the chaos on the roads, but to be fair I don't think that snowtyres are commonly used (or that people are even aware of them) like in some other countries where people religiously fit them every winter :)

N

Nik Barbour

I think they said initially Windows, Mac, iOS and then others may follow. I really hope they make this kickstarter, and a lot of the new PA fans get behind them.

I used to live in the UK and remember the chaos on the roads, but to be fair I don't think that snowtyres are commonly used (or that people are even aware of them) like in some other countries where people religiously fit them every winter :)

Bummer - means out of principle, I can't / won't back the Kickstarter, and I want to get behind this, but shan't if they don't support any of my platforms.

Re - snow tyres, They aren't common but they are getting more popular - my dad has a set since last year.
Normal tyres, if enough tread on them are good enough for UK weather though.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Not only bread, but no milk nor eggs over here when it snows.

For some reason, winter weather must activate a deep-seated evolutionary drive to make vast quantities of French toast.

N

Nik Barbour

Not only bread, but no milk nor eggs over here when it snows.

For some reason, winter weather must activate a deep-seated evolutionary drive to make vast quantities of French toast.

Damnit - now I want French toast (it'll be weeks before I can get eggs and bread again)!

Worf

Aug 12, 2012

Happens here on the nice south-west corner of Canada as well, where snow is an oddity. There's a running joke where traffic moves "smoothly" then the appearance of a snowflake (singular) causes everyone to drive into the ditch. I'm led to believe it's pretty much the same for the northwest portion of the US, again snow is such an oddity that snowplows are generally quite rare. If you're lucky, they salted.

N

Nik Barbour

If you're lucky, they salted.

Yeah - salting makes the difference.
2yrs back, the local councils ran out of salt - it was like playing bumper cars on the back roads (twice in 2 wks I got low speed tail ended).
This year they were ready - salts down and the roads are good.
My car will have probably rusted to nothing by March - but you can't have it both ways! :D
I'm an ex Datsun owner - therefore a corrosion expert.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Up in northern Ontario, it's too cold for salt to do anything, so they spread sand.

When the layers upon layers of snow finally melt in the spring...the curbsides are little beaches and everywhere else the winter's supply of soggy dog poop brightens our spirits.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's like that in Edmonton as well (lots of sand). You want chaos? A little bit of rain in LA - entire city becomes messed up. I'm not even talking about a downpour, just a light misting will wreck traffic.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
All my life I have lived in areas that get snow (SE Michigan, NW Colorado, E Washington) - and all my life, the news media have treated the first snow of the year like some kind of apocalypse, accompanied by legions of drivers who act as if they've never seen the stuff before. In Colorado, at first snowfall, the local grocery store parking lots would be full of cars parking perpendicular to the normal parking stripes - even when dozens of cars were parked correctly. Everywhere, you get drivers going 5 mph because they're terrified. Good grief.

Tabe

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Odd. Usually us westerners get mocked by the guys just over the rockies about our "snowpocalypses" of around 4+ inches.

Though, we're having the last laught nowadays as they're freezing their (*#&%@ off and we're getting rain and it's on the good side of freezing.

And yes, I do prefer the rain to the snow.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Winter is the way of life in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan....unfortunately. Sometimes we're lucky if Spring hits by June, and we once had our garden freeze in July. I need to move out west...

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Winter is the way of life in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan....unfortunately. Sometimes we're lucky if Spring hits by June, and we once had our garden freeze in July. I need to move out west...

Whereabouts in the UP? Brother went to Michigan Tech, best friend lived in Rapid River...

Tabe

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.