Pro Pinball

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
VSync on, Full Screen off, Graphical Detail High, Vertical Res at 1920. Using a vertical monitor.

OK on high details it works for me - this is the only thing I can use on my cab anyway. on the game pc I have a 4GB Card, which can handle the max light size (which sure looks amazing, once you notice the difference :p). with max lights the framerate drops significantly on my side.

and WOW, the low latency settings are awesome. now I can finally consistently hit the continent exploration ramp :p
butter smooth!

I am away from home so can't check but it looks like this post has it - I think that is the same config file:
https://www.pro-pinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=632

They might have moved it to a different folder since that post but if you search your hard drive for UserDeafault.xml that should find it

thanks, forgot about that.
EDIT: works!
it looks too distorted though:p
but still nice to take a look at what to expect. having the entire playfield filled is kinda nice. with the intelligent DMD it is already playable.

if your screen is already vertical then just add <graphics_cabinet_mode_enabled>true</graphics_cabinet_mode_enabled>
the other one is just for auto rotation.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
EDIT: works!
it looks too distorted though:p
but still nice to take a look at what to expect. having the entire playfield filled is kinda nice. with the intelligent DMD it is already playable.

if your screen is already vertical then just add <graphics_cabinet_mode_enabled>true</graphics_cabinet_mode_enabled>
the other one is just for auto rotation.

Good to hear it works! I am unable to try it ATM frustratingly :p.

Don't worry about the distortion. It was discussed in the PP forum ( public one) and the 2nd Ade said it was a starting point only. He also gave a screenshot of a better angle for standing at a cab, but best of all he said they will add controls.

Here it is:
https://www.pro-pinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=634&start=10

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Just purchased on Steam for PC after playing iOS version for months. Love it! Looking forward to new cab view options.

Nice one Ben :cool:

I just spotted a question in the 'exclusive' part of the forum from an update a couple of weeks ago:

Q. Is there any chance of getting the better cab view like the one you posted recently? Adjustment sliders would also be good, but I guess more work.

A.
Postby adpag » Fri May 06, 2016 3:51 pm
I should be able to work on the cabinet view soon now once the bulk of the medium view processing is done.

Source: https://www.pro-pinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=720

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I just noticed that this game has a beta branch now which is available for everyone.

"Well, it looks very promising but it would be great if the developers would send some feedback from time to time. Because since the last update you can no longer change between Custom and Factory settings by pressing Return before the game nor can you choose Tournament or Challenge mode by pressing the flippers or see your statistics after a game by pressing both flippers. Even the status report by holding down one flipper during the game does no longer work. They said they would look into this one week ago. As this really limits the game it would be great to have some estimate when this is solved but so far nothing which is sad because I really love this fantastic table..."

answer:

"I've uploaded a version that will hopefully fix the problem. It's on the beta branch '1.1.1 Input fix'."

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Not exactly Wiki-leaks but here is another update. I am sure no one minds me posting this (tell me if you do) and at least it shows these guys are still working on it. They may be slow but at least they are still in business and gradually delivering their promises.

Finished processing the medium view graphics
Added support for the medium view with backbox and generated the highest resolution data ready for scaling down
Started work on getting the cabinet view mode into shape. Currently adding some controls for adjusting the way the stretching works, image size etc.

Hopefully music to the ears for cabbies ;)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
27th May update:

Generating the medium view graphics resolutions
Made the cabinet view use the correct linear to sRGB conversion for better contrast
Added various controls to adjust the cabinet view rendering algorithm. Will get a version ready for testing next week for feedback
Made the game able to go full screen on secondary displays
The window position is now saved and restored
Removed hard-coded 9:16 aspect ratio for the cabinet view
Added a command line option to skip the menus and go straight into the simulation
Added a configurable key to exit the application (from the simulation)
Added controls for positioning the dot matrix display
Fixed dot matrix display positioning on rotated display

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
oh, sorry.
didn't realize, that this is only for alpha and beta-testers.

however.
there is now an commandline option for using 2 monitors and go straight in to the game. works and looks great so far on my cab.
and you can move the dmd to the 2nd screen.
there is also a possibility to change the rendering method of the table. with this you can mainly control the vertical stretching of the table.

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
This sounds great. Finally it's becoming the game it was supposed to be. The one big thing left is real DMD output, but they already had it basically running two years ago.
Now there are great new possibilities with DMDex and the color displays.
Hope they get it done soon.
... And start working on BRUSA

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
And here I thought Zaccaria was going to be the first on Linux. Unfortunately Pro isn't on sale at the moment, so i picked up Hyperspace instead for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.