Pro Pinball

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
PC/Mac/Linux 1.2.0 All Views Available Plus Cabinet Support

Changes:

Added the high view without backbox and the medium view, with and without backbox
Added cabinet mode with support for 2 or 3 monitors
Added separate audio output for playfield sounds (Windows only)
Other bug fixes and improvements

See command_line_options.txt in the install directory for details on enabling multi-monitor support and separate audio output.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
GREAT Stuff. They even considered the multi channel sound output for playfield speakers -very nice!

Distorted view is not perfect yet IMHO and should be tweakable for different cabs.
Sadly no news about real DMD output yet, at least not in the public part of the forum.
Maybe NoEx an freezy should take a look for their next project ;)

but hey, it's the best thing on the cab right now.
Honestly I haven't rellay touched TPA since it came out...

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
GREAT Stuff. They even considered the multi channel sound output for playfield speakers -very nice!

Distorted view is not perfect yet IMHO and should be tweakable for different cabs.
Sadly no news about real DMD output yet, at least not in the public part of the forum.
Maybe NoEx an freezy should take a look for their next project ;)

but hey, it's the best thing on the cab right now.
Honestly I haven't rellay touched TPA since it came out...

In one of the recent beta builds they added some experimental sliders to adjust the distortion, but the issue was there was some blurring at the top of the table. I don't know if they have a workaround for it, but I know they are aware that the existing cabview isn't great. Knowing them if it isn't perfect they won't release it (ie: the distortion sliders).

Edit: Incidentally the sliders were available in glass off mode. I am not sure if they left those in the official build).

Last edited:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
So I was able to load cabinet mode up last night. The cabinet view is pretty distorted at the top. The ball appears as about 3x its size when near the top of the table from what its size is when down near the flippers. Everything is stretched up near the top of table.

As for the "backbox" window ... its OK at the moment. I couldn't figure out how to get it to go to Full Screen. Also, the DMD shows up at the top of the window, not down at the bottom where the DMD should display and should be covering the DMD area. Hats off to them for being the first to bring us a working backglass that is a part of the official game rather than a Mod. Good stuff ...

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I am not at home to check and explain in detail, but there were definitely options to make the Backbox window full screen, etc plus the DMD could be resized and dragged around using the mouse. I know it was also at the top for me until I moved it and then it remembers the settings for next time.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Good to know!!!
Best for cab seems to be the top middle view.
1800 or higher set as vertical resolution in the standard settings seems to give crystal clear picture...

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
To confirm my own post, you can indeed adjust the distortion in glass off mode in the official build.

Yes ... thanks for the tips on backglass ... finally found the menu for that one and it looks great. Removing the glass does open up the settings for skewing the table ... not easy and still can't quite balance things so that the ball size remains consistent throughout the whole table and the flippers just seem too small and crunched at the bottom while the top looks a bit stretched. But definitely its definitely better than before.

Thanks again.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
It is intentional that way, because if you stand in front of the cab the perspective will correct this. flippers are more close to your eyes than the back part of the table and you look at it from a different angle.
But of course depending on your cab setup and your body height it always looks a bit different.

Very good viewpoint here
378715a21b3a6be4af230c6614c00427.png

There are also good tops to set it up
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35229&page=3#entry349740

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Looks very nice mpad. I am away from home too much for work nowadays so since the beta I didn't get time to play with adjusting the playfield much. During the beta I was getting blurring at the top of the table. I can see people are saying for a 1920x1080 screen when rotating -90 in the game options use the 1800 resolution. I think I did try that before (and I also tried the higher res which crashed like for others) but need to try again when back home. Can I check a few things as I can't wait to know the results? :)

1/ Are you getting any blurring in the top half of the table now with your latest settings? - I saw you post that issue in the PP forums.

2/ I think you used the top middle view in the menu. Did you find the results to differ with the other views?

3/ Did you adjust the distortion values to get the view you like, if so would you mind posting a screenshot please of the elusive 'remove backglasss' options you have? :)

Maybe people could post their preferred view settings. :cool:

I remember that when I played with the view adjustments I was trying to get a bigger ball down by the flippers as it didn't appear lifesize like in the first view they implemented. I found the default cab view to have a marble size ball. Would be interesting to see if others bespoke views get around that.

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Actually this is not my cab. I have the same problem not being home much ;)
It spitfires setup from the VPforum thread I linked to.
There are also the settings he used.
On my last try I still had a blurry playfield. Using the higher 1800 resolution seem to get a clear picture

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
here's what I ended up with ... not too bad

1600 res on the first table view. Most my adjustments were in the perspective view settings ... especially the z setting. I found that setting at more of the laid back view (which I prefer) and then scaling the table larger to zoom in made the ball appear closer to the right size at the flippers ...

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks mpad. Good news the 1800 res got rid of the blur - last thing we want for this game. I will try Spitfire's settings.

here's what I ended up with ... not too bad

1600 res on the first table view. Most my adjustments were in the perspective view settings ... especially the z setting. I found that setting at more of the laid back view (which I prefer) and then scaling the table larger to zoom in made the ball appear closer to the right size at the flippers ...

Looks really good Nudnick. The layback and larger ball is really what I want to achieve to. Sorry be a pain but once you are next at the cab would you mind printscreen your view settings from the Remove Backglass. Cheers

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts