Pro Pinball

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Nope. Everything is perfectly normal as near I can tell. I do not know why and the graphics look great considering the age of this program. Not a clue?

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Anyone been having problems downloading Timeshock from Kickstarter?

My Norton Antivirus rejects the file right away, thinking it has a virus on it. Wondering if anyone else has had that problem?

I got rid of Norton for that same reason. Norton is a gamers worst anti virus protection. I use Windows Essentials. It's free and it works.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Nope. Everything is perfectly normal as near I can tell. I do not know why and the graphics look great considering the age of this program. Not a clue?

Ok well nevermind. It's working for you, that's all that matters. I, on the other-hand, have rediscovered my love of BRUSA and FJ.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Yup. Very strange. I know what you mean. I should be having major issues, but am not. I just lucked out. I also did try every setting possible trying to get it to work. So it was time consuming and is still a complete mystery to how it even works? I am just glad it does.

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
I got rid of Norton for that same reason. Norton is a gamers worst anti virus protection. I use Windows Essentials. It's free and it works.

I found a work around to the problem anyway. I just downloaded the file straight to a USB Flash Drive and I was able to load the installation program from there.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
That's great skykid3k. Glad you got it running.

@ jaredmorgs....neither have I. Although I have had a virus or two slip through McAfee, Norton and couple of other very popular anti virus programs. In fact recently I was gaming and all of a sudden I got a message that my anti virus just got turned off. I was amazed and got out of game and found I was being attacked. I couldn't do anything to get Norton back on to take on the attack. So I quickly uninstalled Norton and within 4 or 5 minutes I had Windows Essentials back on and it took the virus on and won. I will never, ever trust Norton or McAfee ever again.

Besides...they are almost always doing scans and diagnostic tests when you are gaming. I play a lot of Battlefield 3 and when I am online gaming with EA's already dicey online action...the least thing I need is an anti virus program running all the time too. I went from 60 Frames a second to 120 frames a sec in game, and all I had to do is get rid of Norton. Sometimes free is better. Microsoft figures they got your money already in buying and supporting windows...so their anti Virus program that runs off of it is free. You got to like that.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Here's something I just noticed. The GOG versions of Fantastic Journey and BRUSA have 1600x1200 working on my 1080p monitor. Whereas the "Kickstarter" version of BRUSA does not. And of course 1600x1200 doesn't work on either version of Timeshock.

Well, I hate to break it to ya since you seem to be happy with it, but with 1280 x 1024, you are getting distortion. If you go to change the resolution, the program will then ask you to check out the "Test Video Mode". When you do, you'll see a circle in the test pattern. At least it should be a circle. If you're seeing an oval, your playfield, as well as your ball, is now squished. It is prettier, but it ain't right.

Since a 1080p monitor's native resolution is 1920 x 1080, running a game at 1600 x 1200 isn't going to be close to the proper aspect ratio since it has to squish it vertically because your monitor doesn't have 1200 vertical pixels, plus if the monitor is set to stretch it fullscreen then it's stretching it 320 pixels horizontally as well. You'd be better off running it at 1280 x 1024 and then (if you haven't already) go into your monitor settings and tell it not to stretch it full screen. You'll have black borders on the sides and just a smidge of black on the top/bottom, but at least it won't be stretched or distorted.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Since a 1080p monitor's native resolution is 1920 x 1080, running a game at 1600 x 1200 isn't going to be close to the proper aspect ratio since it has to squish it vertically because your monitor doesn't have 1200 vertical pixels, plus if the monitor is set to stretch it fullscreen then it's stretching it 320 pixels horizontally as well. You'd be better off running it at 1280 x 1024 and then (if you haven't already) go into your monitor settings and tell it not to stretch it full screen. You'll have black borders on the sides and just a smidge of black on the top/bottom, but at least it won't be stretched or distorted.

1600x1200 is actually working perfectly. I'm getting bars on the sides, but the ball is round.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
1600x1200 is actually working perfectly. I'm getting bars on the sides, but the ball is round.

Yeah, it would be be 120 pixels of vertical squish. It might not be too noticeable (depending on your monitor, it might scale it horizontally to keep the proper aspect ratio), but I'd still use 1280 x 1024 since there would be no squishing or scaling.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, it would be be 120 pixels of vertical squish. It might not be too noticeable (depending on your monitor, it might scale it horizontally to keep the proper aspect ratio), but I'd still use 1280 x 1024 since there would be no squishing or scaling.

I don't know what it is you think I'm seeing, but my sphere is round. At 1280x1024, it's an oval.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't know what it is you think I'm seeing, but my sphere is round. At 1280x1024, it's an oval.

Yeah, that's weird that it doesn't show 1280 x 1024 properly. Technically, 1024 vertical pixels should look better than 1200 since a 1080p monitor is only 1080 pixels tall.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Its squished a little because the aspect ratio isn't 4:3 anymore at 1280x1024 and the content is designed to be 4:3 from back then. 1280x960 would be 4:3 like 1600x1200 but still fitting on the screen. 1440x1080 would be the best 4:3 resolution to fit a 1080p monitor but you don't usually see that as an option. Sometimes you see 1400x1050 which would be close.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Its squished a little because the aspect ratio isn't 4:3 anymore at 1280x1024 and the content is designed to be 4:3 from back then. 1280x960 would be 4:3 like 1600x1200 but still fitting on the screen. 1440x1080 would be the best 4:3 resolution to fit a 1080p monitor but you don't usually see that as an option. Sometimes you see 1400x1050 which would be close.

You'd figure since 1280x1024 is an official resolution supported by the game that it would adjust accordingly, but I guess not.

karl

May 10, 2012
The Cab view test render looks very promising. Looking forward to testing Pro Pinball on a cabinet someday

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
So Pro Pinball could hopefully follow the footsteps of Farsight and make the games from TPA even better :D

Noah Fentz: Seeing you have a deep passion for realism, is there any potential real-world recreations in the future?

Adrian Barritt:: How can I best put this… yes. :)

Noah Fentz: Awesome! I'm sure it's in its infancy, so I'll leave it at that ... for now. :)

Noah Fentz: Unless there is something you'd like to tell us ...

Adrian Barritt:: There are certainly some things I would love to tell you… but… sorry.

Noah Fentz: I had a suspicion ...

Adrian Barritt:: Hopefully soon though… :)

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=25477

Last edited:

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
So Pro Pinball could hopefully follow the footsteps of Farsight and make the games from TPA even better :D

Noah Fentz: Seeing you have a deep passion for realism, is there any potential real-world recreations in the future?

Adrian Barritt:: How can I best put this… yes. :)

Noah Fentz: Awesome! I'm sure it's in its infancy, so I'll leave it at that ... for now. :)

Noah Fentz: Unless there is something you'd like to tell us ...

Adrian Barritt:: There are certainly some things I would love to tell you… but… sorry.

Noah Fentz: I had a suspicion ...

Adrian Barritt:: Hopefully soon though… :)

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=25477

Nice interview there JP. Thanks for the share.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The question is, though. If we get physical Pro Pinball tables... will Farsight digitise them?!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts