Pro Pinball

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks Kevlar - great find. The audio seminar with Silvercastle has a great 15-min question and answer session with Adrian Barritt and the audience where he answers some stuff on the Timeshock Ultra re-make ((starts halfway through).

karl

May 10, 2012
It is still in Beta. Main focus lately have been on IOS. I am testing it and it looks great. Only a few small things to fix. Better nudging being one of them, along with more options for lights and other stuff. It plays great, though!

Latest news is that IOS will be released first, followed by Android. Then the PC and Mac version followed by Linux later. The IOS should be out in a few weeks, if all goes according to the plan ;)

The game will only have the old physics when released and I fear that it will be a rather long wait for updated physics. The game has only one viewing angle still. Others are rendering but that also is a very slow process. I am not sure if there will be more than one viewing angle at the time of release.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Waiting for this sucks, but what the hell. Seems to beba habbit with pinball software.
The "old" physics are still one of the best out there imo.
And considering viewing angles I thought they wanted to do it by in game image transformation, not additional rendering.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
The game will only have the old physics when released and I fear that it will be a rather long wait for updated physics.

Can you explain the difference between the "old physics" and "updated physics"? Is it a night/day experience?

karl

May 10, 2012
Can you explain the difference between the "old physics" and "updated physics"? Is it a night/day experience?

Since the new physics has not even been started, Pro pinball is the only ones who can answer that. I believe it's even more realistic ball behavior, weight, ball spin, being able to do more tricks with the ball on the flipper etc.

I agree that the old physics (that will be in the game at launch) is still probably the best around so it is not the end of the world if it is not in there but it was one of the selling points when they launched the kickstarter, so it would be nice to get it sometime in the future. The problem is that pro pinball right now is more or less one person doing almost all of the work, so it is a slow process and I can understand that he wants to get the game out to get a little bit more cashflow into the project and maybe hire more people.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The problem is that pro pinball right now is more or less one person doing almost all of the work, so it is a slow process and I can understand that he wants to get the game out to get a little bit more cashflow into the project and maybe hire more people.

Hm... well then maybe he should launch a Kickstarter. :p

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hm... well then maybe he should launch a Kickstarter.
Hmm - It's almost funny, but it's not.
How to fall off your pedestal without grace.

It should be illegal to falsely advertise and take a significant sum of funding with the purpose to 'hurry this through the studio', and then take 18 months to re-release an existing table.

You are a thief, Adrian.
There is realistically no other way to describe you.

Not that Pinball (especially in digital form) is important in the big picture of things, but you took a large sum of money under deliberate false pretences.
(and, luckily unsuccessfully tried for an even larger sum and failed previously)

I hope your BK2K breaks!

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Hmm - It's almost funny, but it's not.
How to fall off your pedestal without grace.

It should be illegal to falsely advertise and take a significant sum of funding with the purpose to 'hurry this through the studio', and then take 18 months to re-release an existing table.

You are a thieving c#nt Adrian.
There is realistically no other way to describe you.

Not that Pinball (especially in digital form) is important in the big picture of things, but you took a large sum of money under deliberate false pretences.
(and, luckily unsuccessfully tried for an even larger sum and failed previously)

I hope your BK2K breaks!
The thieving comment is a bit strong. Being someone who paid about 100 for the Alpha access and dev diaries which I read weekly I am happy to wait. They only raised about 50K hardly a single programmers salary for one year so I would rather them finish it without going bankrupt again. That way they should have the game out on a few platforms to demonstrate if it can make money to do the other tables. From the diaries we can tell they have spent a lot of time developing the techniques and toolset which can be employed in later tables. Plus the two test tables were virtually without any issues which means their coding is tight, they know what they are doing and they test, test, test.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

Yikes, I forgot that's what the money was for. It was for pushing it through quickly rather than just finishing.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Yikes, I forgot that's what the money was for. It was for pushing it through quickly rather than just finishing.
Provided release date was June 2014 and now it seems that there will be a limited port only without anything new. The PC version had already a high resolution. S o why all these rendering stories!?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Provided release date was June 2014 and now it seems that there will be a limited port only without anything new. The PC version had already a high resolution. S o why all these rendering stories!?

I think the original table they did was a proof of concept which is why they never showed any gameplay. If we went through the dev diaries they produce weekly and combined into one list it will be easy to appreciate there was a lot to do. They have things working on iOS mobile and Mac, plus PC and they say almost all code is portable to other platforms. This is where a of effort has gone for sure. Game development is complex and sometimes there are a lot of tasks and challenges that come up that you don't envisage at the start. These chaps are an extremely small team, not a big EA monster development house, so I am prepared to give them a chance. You read what Karl said, the game is looking great and it will be ground breaking.

My original response was to say that calling Adrian the C word was not reasonable. I am not sure why it hasn't been removed.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
... This is where a of effort has gone for sure. Game development is complex and sometimes there are a lot of tasks and challenges that come up that you don't envisage at the start. These chaps are an extremely small team, not a big EA monster development house, so I am prepared to give them a chance. You read what Karl said, the game is looking great and it will be ground breaking.
Farsight has 4 programmers and they do one completely new table per month for many platforms at the same. A.S.K. has maybe 2 programmers and they write from scratch and do one table per month.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Farsight has 4 programmers and they do one completely new table per month for many platforms at the same. A.S.K. has maybe 2 programmers and they write from scratch and do one table per month.

Not sure if you are aware of the technology that Barnstorm are using, but they are rendering every frame using tech similar to those used in computer animated films. That is how they this kind of photorealistic look:

screen-full_table-87-low-000000.jpg

Plus don't forget that Ask and Farsight already have an engine built several years ago.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Not sure if you are aware of the technology that Barnstorm are using, but they are rendering every frame using tech similar to those used in computer animated films. That is how they this kind of photorealistic look:

screen-full_table-87-low-000000.jpg
It's too dark to see it really well but they might develop a switch for that which will naturally take some time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts