Pro Pinball

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
As irritating as perfectionism can be to deal with, the results are usually nothing short of spectacular.
Pro Pinball has it's own huge shoes to fill and has been doing well.
The Android version is spectacular, the PC version looks spectacular (downloading it on Steam right now). I can wait for any features because i know they will be done right.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
As irritating as perfectionism can be to deal with, the results are usually nothing short of spectacular.
Pro Pinball has it's own huge shoes to fill and has been doing well.
The Android version is spectacular, the PC version looks spectacular (downloading it on Steam right now). I can wait for any features because i know they will be done right.

Agree the results are spectacular.

Another positive update they posted tonight:

This week's tasks:

Finished off adding all the low view graphics. 2160 resolution just fits in 4 Gb VRAM
Added support for rendering the ball in landscape modes
Made the overlay dot matrix handle scaling, using fixed patterns at lower resolutions
Added option to quit the application from the pause menu
Added options for the overlay dot matrix to control size, background opacity and automatic hiding
Started to add a view selection screen and move the audio and graphics settings to their own screens

The medium view crystal and time machine arm are still being rendered.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Portrait mode is coming - experimental screenshot

They posted a screenshot of the cabinet view in their forums today so some progress :) :

file.php

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
something looks wrong with that..it looks like a non linear stretch of the gam etable stretching more as the table is at the top.
You can see how blurry everything is above the center line..the ball at the top looks oval..its like the whole image is just stretched.
Lot of wasted space on the sides too.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah but if you lay the image flat in front of you and look at it from a typical cab perspective it looks just fine

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I thought the top half looked stretched too, and the ball oval, but I remember a long time ago when they knocked up some cab view blueprints they mentioned they were designed to be viewed from a cab standing position. I haven't tried it yet though in the cab (will do so by displaying the image fullscreen on the PF monitor)

Like mpad said it looks fine from a laid flat position, however maybe it won't suit people playing on a rotated display mounted on the wall for example where they are looking from directly above the playfield. They said the view doesn't require a re-render and it is experimental ATM. Might be a good idea to post feedback over at the PP forums for anyone who thinks a differently rendered 'non-stretched' cab view is also needed.

https://www.pro-pinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=634

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Hey hey hey boo boo... :cool:

This weeks tasks:

- Generating 1080 low view graphics
- Added view selection screen and moved the audio and graphics settings to their own screens
- Added full screen mode, vsync, cabinet mode and rotation options (though only the table rotates at the moment)
- Started looking into multi-monitor support

The medium view crystal is still being rendered.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
This weeks tasks:

- Generating 1080 low view graphics
- Added view selection screen and moved the audio and graphics settings to their own screens
- Added full screen mode, vsync, cabinet mode and rotation options (though only the table rotates at the moment)
- Started looking into multi-monitor support

The medium view crystal is still being rendered.

Can someone please provide a link to where Pro Pinball is posting these task updates? Please provide a URL to the above one, for example. (I have checked on Pro Pinball's forum at www.pro-pinball.com/forum and also in Steam discussions, but I haven't found a thread yet where Pro Pinball Staff shows what they are working on such as in the above task list quoted by SilverBalls. )

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Wow, I just had a new Timeshock update automatically pushed from Steam when I started the table. The playfield graphics look even more realistic (sharper) than before to me! They are stunning! I had used the table just an hour or so before, so I think this update is very very new.

Note: This update seems to have replaced the UserDefault.xml, so I lost the changes I had made just two hours ago to my default key assignments. (Using the instructions that Pro Pinball had in its forum post of https://www.pro-pinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=632 , and also described in post #1567 above.) So I just went back to letting my AutoHotkey script do mappings for me to the game's initial default values. That way if there are frequent updates , I won't have to manually keep having to edit the XML. I assume that when the Timeshock is eventually fully released it will have some GUI way for the User to change key assignments, and I'm assuming at that point those values will be permanently saved off for even after updates.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Can someone please provide a link to where Pro Pinball is posting these task updates? Please provide a URL to the above one, for example. (I have checked on Pro Pinball's forum at www.pro-pinball.com/forum and also in Steam discussions, but I haven't found a thread yet where Pro Pinball Staff shows what they are working on such as in the above task list quoted by SilverBalls. )
I think they are in emails sent to Kickstarter backers. So not posted anywhere.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I think they are in emails sent to Kickstarter backers. So not posted anywhere.

Thanks EldarOfSuburbia. I had first started wondering if that is what had happened. But I wasn't sure since SilverBalls had used the words "Another positive update they posted tonight" above that task list in his own post of #1603 above.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks EldarOfSuburbia. I had first started wondering if that is what had happened. But I wasn't sure since SilverBalls had used the words "Another positive update they posted tonight" above that task list in his own post of #1603 above.

These posts in an 'exclusive' section of the forum for people that backed around $100 - they appear around 5-6pm each Friday UK time. tbh - I think they should just make them in the normal section now, but I guess they would need the other backers permission to do that (although I am sure no one else would care :) ).

The bit I post in the 'speech bubble' is the bit that they say.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Hmmm, no update here.

The update took at least 5 minutes and I have a high speed internet connection. Based on file/folder date changes, looks like my changes were at the very least in:

my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pro Pinball Ultra\extra_data\timeshock\high\1920_1920 folder
(I did see something about 1920 on my screen during the update),

and in my
C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Barnstorm Games\Pro Pinball Ultra folder.

Note: My ProPinball.exe executable, and many other files, are still dated 2/9/2016.

Mpad, could it be because we are on different Steam servers for different countries? If so, maybe something will be coming to you later.

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
yeah, could be different countries. did the update come via steam, or did the game itself download new data?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
yeah, could be different countries. did the update come via steam, or did the game itself download new data?
I had started the game using an AutoHotKey script that includes the line,
Run steam://rungameID/287900 , (which is the same properties I have for the Pro Pinball Ultra shortcut in my Windows Start menu).
(For me this also triggers Steam in Online mode, unless I've already triggered Steam or unless I already have Steam in Offline mode.) The download progress status during that update was on the game's own screen.

Last edited:

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
[MENTION=340]SilverBalls[/MENTION]: Anything new in the "super secret" forum at Pinball Pro? I find myself visiting here more for updates on this since Farsight decided to "Crap Out" on their cab support.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.