PS Vita "Super Patch"

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
As far as general interface, I wish each table would 'remember' your camera choice. It's a simple thing that should have been fixed rather easily. Or at least maintain similar viewing angles for each camera across all tables. Also, removing the 2 prompts once the game boots would be nice. Just drop us right into the main menu.

Perhaps in the next patch that will have the stuff that didn't get into this one.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I've tried DL'ing through the store multiple times, using the pro and non-pro packs, multiple times. Still get the update prompts when I try to play them. I'm somewhere in the vicinity of trying to update them like 10 times now. They just refuse to acknowledge the updates.

I'm going to have to delete TPA from my Vita and PS3 and start all over again, aren't I?

I assume you've gone directly to the store on the Vita.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
I've tried DL'ing through the store multiple times, using the pro and non-pro packs, multiple times. Still get the update prompts when I try to play them. I'm somewhere in the vicinity of trying to update them like 10 times now. They just refuse to acknowledge the updates.

I'm going to have to delete TPA from my Vita and PS3 and start all over again, aren't I?

Yeah. Test it on the Vita first, install the core game, patch the core game, then only install Pack 1 (the one you need), test it ... if it works, proceed with other packs, and the PS3. For what it's worth, I downloaded packs individually from within the game, and waited until all are downloaded before I installed any of them. But you'll want to test out MM/BoP before you do more.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I've gone to the store through the vita multiple times. No download button when I try to get them through the game's UI. If I go directly to the store through the Vita, one selection has no DL button, one does. But even if I try to update them with the one that does have a DL button, it still says to update the tables when I go to play them. It's infuriating.

I've tried many multiples of times using various methods, including using the download list on my PS3. They refuse to update and work no matter what. I completely shut down the systems in between attempting to update, thinking that might help. NO!

I have spent ALL my spare time before and after work to get these working ever since the updates went live, just to be stuck in this endless loop.

I'm not some little kid, I'm a 46 year old adult with a 130 IQ and know how all this is SUPPOSED to work. It just isn't working. I have very limited time during the week and I'm really getting annoyed with this. No other program on my PS3/Vita have given such screwy issues as TPA has.

S3 tables are sitting in my cart, but I will not buy any of the season 3 tables until I get all the previous tables working again.

You see, TPA is my most played and most beloved games of all the nearly 100 games I have for PS3/Vita and it's the only program that's hassling me like this. And it's doing it across 2 systems! This is incredibly frustrating when there is seemingly no reason for it to be refusing to update like they are doing right now. I'm a high-strung sort of person and this has me shaking with anger. Please excuse me if I'm beginning to sound sarcastic or offensive, I'm just incredibly annoyed at the moment. I won't have time to spend hours starting from scratch until the weekend, if that is what I'll have to do. And I'd really rather not have to go that route if I can avoid it

I'm hoping someone may have an idea I haven't tried yet to avoid starting from scratch. At this point, starting from scratch is seeming like the only possible solution. Imagine how upset I'll be if I end up stuck in this loop again after doing all that.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Try downloading directly from the store, or the download list (within the store).

Bride of Pinbot and Medieval Madness were not patched.

Funhouse and Circus Voltaire also not patched (the blue sidewalls are still BLACK after 2 years of complaining about this simple oversight on Funhouse~Ps3)

Last edited:

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I've gone to the store through the vita multiple times. No download button when I try to get them through the game's UI. If I go directly to the store through the Vita, one selection has no DL button, one does. But even if I try to update them with the one that does have a DL button, it still says to update the tables when I go to play them. It's infuriating.

I've tried many multiples of times using various methods, including using the download list on my PS3. They refuse to update and work no matter what. I completely shut down the systems in between attempting to update, thinking that might help. NO!

I have spent ALL my spare time before and after work to get these working ever since the updates went live, just to be stuck in this endless loop.

I'm not some little kid, I'm a 46 year old adult with a 130 IQ and know how all this is SUPPOSED to work. It just isn't working. I have very limited time during the week and I'm really getting annoyed with this. No other program on my PS3/Vita have given such screwy issues as TPA has.

S3 tables are sitting in my cart, but I will not buy any of the season 3 tables until I get all the previous tables working again.

You see, TPA is my most played and most beloved games of all the nearly 100 games I have for PS3/Vita and it's the only program that's hassling me like this. And it's doing it across 2 systems! This is incredibly frustrating when there is seemingly no reason for it to be refusing to update like they are doing right now. I'm a high-strung sort of person and this has me shaking with anger. Please excuse me if I'm beginning to sound sarcastic or offensive, I'm just incredibly annoyed at the moment. I won't have time to spend hours starting from scratch until the weekend, if that is what I'll have to do. And I'd really rather not have to go that route if I can avoid it

I'm hoping someone may have an idea I haven't tried yet to avoid starting from scratch. At this point, starting from scratch is seeming like the only possible solution. Imagine how upset I'll be if I end up stuck in this loop again after doing all that.

hey bud, ima try and give you some advice. ok breath (lol). um, first, when on the vita, make sure you are in "my tables" when you click on the table and it tells you you need an updated table- not "season one" tables. if there is a DL button, make sure it is DLing properly in your notifications (it could be connections issues disturbing it from DLing). if that doesnt work: go directly to the store, hit settings then "view my DL list" (all your past DLs) and DL the table packs from there, thats what i did. also, make sure your vita has the latest update and TpA has the latest update. if all else fails, delete TPA (if you dont care about wizard goals, you dont lose your leaderboards btw). and reDL TPA, the updates, and all your tables. first try all of them through the store through "view my [past] DLs" like i said i did, see if that works NOTE: you have to exit out of TPA Every Time no Matter What and upon entering the app it will tell you you have tables to install. and to DL the patch for TPA, i believe you have to manually do it by pressing on the yellow down arrow when you first open the game pave on the vita.

Last edited:

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013

Funhouse and Circus Voltaire also not patched (the blue sidewalls are still BLACK after 2 years of complaining about this simple oversight on Funhouse~Ps3)

MM and BoPb were patched (on vita).

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Rayder, it's probably a new glitch in relation to PS3-Vita connectivity, so whenever you do the re-install, don't connect your devices until you've had it working on one. It's not really a lot of work, you just have to install one game and one pack. And one patch. Good luck.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014

They were. Frame rate issues on MM are gone. I know it well, because that table being off bothered me the most. Everything up to and including Pack 16 was patched, but some changes are subtle.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
They were. Frame rate issues on MM are gone. I know it well, because that table being off bothered me the most. Everything up to and including Pack 16 was patched, but some changes are subtle.

yeah. like someone else said: i can actually enjoy MM now! man, i didnt think i would ever know what that would be like :p, its awesome. and i can finally compete with my friends scores, i just beat them.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Well I'm sure this will sound like a dumb question, but what do you mean by that?
Is that a graphics glitch, or a sudden jerkiness in ball movement?

not a dumb question. i see different ways it can have these issues, and to a more or lesser extent, too.

in BH, the ball stutters rapidly when it is dropping down the table. the ball doesnt necessarily slow down at all, it just stutters. other instances in other tables the ball would slow down and stutter slowly or rapidly (see: victory on the vita). in BH its not unplayable, 'just annoying and loses the feel of me playing a pinball sim. BH use to be perfect.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
I didn't get in on Black Hole but I did get it on Ripley's. It's a weird, occasional, jagged stutter that doesn't seem to have anything to do with frame rate drops. It wasn't in the game before.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I didn't get in on Black Hole but I did get it on Ripley's. It's a weird, occasional, jagged stutter that doesn't seem to have anything to do with frame rate drops. It wasn't in the game before.

it happens the most in view #2 for me in BH, and starts after about a minute of play. i didnt get it at all on ripleys, tho. im glad they didnt touch ToM.

add me on PSN bro: StreetVeteran1. or PM me your name and ill send you a request.

Last edited:

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I'll try Cameras 1 and 2 on all tables and test them out more. I'll add you next time I'm online ;)

k, cool. and ive tested all of the tables pretty much. most of them are working nicly and look better. finally i get to play a helluva lot more pinball than i was able to, thats for sure!

cak

Feb 18, 2013
in BH, the ball stutters rapidly when it is dropping down the table. the ball doesnt necessarily slow down at all, it just stutters. other instances in other tables the ball would slow down and stutter slowly or rapidly (see: victory on the vita). in BH its not unplayable, 'just annoying and loses the feel of me playing a pinball sim. BH use to be perfect.

Understood. Well that sucks for me, as BH is one of my favourite tables.
To be honest, it sounds like a major bug to me: having the ball stutter in a game that's all about the timing is not, argh, ideal. I remember when something like that happened to the note highway when I played rocksmith on my old pc, it was still playable but it really drove me mad.
Here's hoping that FS somehow sorts this out soon.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Understood. Well that sucks for me, as BH is one of my favourite tables.
To be honest, it sounds like a major bug to me: having the ball stutter in a game that's all about the timing is not, argh, ideal. I remember when something like that happened to the note highway when I played rocksmith on my old pc, it was still playable but it really drove me mad.
Here's hoping that FS somehow sorts this out soon.

yeah to some it may be an issue, and its random when it does it. itll even do it sometimes when its slowly bouncing around the flippers, which really can throw me off. i wouud see for yourself. so far ppl arent having the same issues as others (e.g. someone has the stutter in ripleys (i dont), ppl have seen an improved ball in taxi (it was always good for me, hasnt changed), someone saw changes in ToM (i havent, its still the same i.e. still good). i still have a laggy ball in black night so i want to hear others experience with it. ueah i hope theyll elease another stability patch. feel free to add me on PSN StreetVeteran1 :)

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I'll have to take you guys word for it on the improvements because I quit playing it and buying tables about the time Scared Stiff and Dr Dude came out.
I was thinking that many of the tables played way better and smoother and that a few of them looked noticeably better, but was thinking it was probably just placebo effect/wishful thinking on my part. Good to know a lot of them really are improved.

Most of the tables seem to look very sharp and awesome, with art that is crisp and detailed across the playfield. I love them.

Several still looks really bad though. No Good Gophers looks a lot better to me overall, but not good enough. The artwork still blurs out way to much. Same with Scared Stiff, Star Trek, Twilight Zone still look really fuzzed out, The girls hand on ToM still scales out wrong, the art on TotAN still wasn't fixed to look as good as when it first launched 2 years ago etc... What's especially weird is that the detailed art is actually there (you can see it come perfectly into focus when the camera zooms in more), but it doesn't seem to be scaling in the detail correctly. Why wasn't this fixed? It's seems to be a programming issue and not a low-res art issue.

Are there any season 2 or 3 tables that have the blurred out artwork problem as bad as those tables?
I'm thinking the game has finally been fixed to the point that it is actually playable, but I don't want to buy the season 2 tables to find out that they look and play like ass.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.