PS3 (NA) Version 2.08 And 2.09 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

btmmayor

Apr 12, 2012
more proof that flipper lag is an entirely relative and subjective phenomenon of perception IMO

Good grief, is this even still a discussion here? I guess that's why there is a specific thread in the ps3 forum 10 pages long with multiple users reporting lag while not one person has complained of lag on the 360 version, right? I also only have 2 table packs available for purchase and my high scores are gone, clearly something happened regardless of my "just seeing things" lag that's returned. I guess I'll just keep playing my 360 version and give up on any new tables.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Good grief, is this even still a discussion here? I guess that's why there is a specific thread in the ps3 forum 10 pages long with multiple users reporting lag while not one person has complained of lag on the 360 version, right? I also only have 2 table packs available for purchase and my high scores are gone, clearly something happened regardless of my "just seeing things" lag that's returned. I guess I'll just keep playing my 360 version and give up on any new tables.

Most people that don't have a lag problem anymore don't post in that thread anymore.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
After giving STTNG some proper attention, I have to say this is the best table on PS3 yet in terms of the way it plays. Physics are great and they nailed the difficulty (outlanes aren't as bad as the mobile versions because we have proper nudging on the PS3). I love it. Now I just have to work on getting my high score up...

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
After giving STTNG some proper attention, I have to say this is the best table on PS3 yet in terms of the way it plays. Physics are great and they nailed the difficulty (outlanes aren't as bad as the mobile versions because we have proper nudging on the PS3). I love it. Now I just have to work on getting my high score up...

Agree 100%. The lack of nudging on mobile makes the outlanes a drain monster, but on the PS3, while still challenging, is a more fun challenge.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012

yes it is quite amazing... great to give the unparallelled steve ritchie his proper respect!

then I went and tried playing Taxi and it just felt wrong.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Is the two-stage flipper an issue on STTNG? It's the only thing preventing me from picking this up.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The dual stage flipper can be if you dont hit it fast or HARD enough sending the ball to left outlane like RBION or a weak shot up the ramp just to return 3 out of 5 times.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I didn't even notice the dual stage flippers on this, unlike, say black knight, where they bother me. Someone should ask in the QA if the can include an option to turn off the dual stage.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The force required to activate it can become uncomfortable after extended play. I have to hold the controller differently to be able to squeeze the buttons hard enough.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I must have a really heavy finger, because I have never had a problem with the 2 stage thing. If anything, I have problems NOT flipping it in those moments I mean to use the 2 stage feature.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I didn't have a problem with it until I bought a new controller. The springs must be too stiff in my new controller.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I must have a really heavy finger, because I have never had a problem with the 2 stage thing. If anything, I have problems NOT flipping it in those moments I mean to use the 2 stage feature.

+1

I feel bad for anyone passing up STTNG on PS3 because of this because it's truly the best work Farsight has put out so far on any platform.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
It so is not. Play on mobile or 360 for a while then go back to PS3. STTNG seems to be the first table on PS to eliminate the lag, so clearly it IS possible. Just up to FS to go back and gitterdun!

Don't worry, Palmer has stated before that he believes it doesn't exist because he hasn't personally experienced it. Many of us say something to the contrary, including the developers who have admitted to at least 1 frame of a delay due to lighting :)

Pesthauch666

Mar 20, 2013

No, I have the same issues with the 2 stage tables like Funhouse and Star Trek: TNG.

I already posted the problems I had with my version in the EU-Version Bugs Thread.

But I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature :confused::
The PS3 version uses the analog feature of the shoulder buttons, which means if you press the buttons just lightly only the regular lower stage flippers react to input. You have to press the buttons with more force for the upper stage flippers to react. Usually I only flick the buttons, since it takes me some millisecs to long to press them all the way in. While playing "Funhouse" for the first time on the PS3 (usually I play it on the PS Vita) I thought the whole table was broken, since the upper flipper didn't work for me most of the time, until I realized I have to press the L1/R1 buttons with much more force.

I think it depends on the condition in which your buttons are, if it works fine or (like me) if you have to press really hard (what costs to much time to react properly) to use the upper flippers.

I'd really wish that you could disable the analog feature of the controller altogether in the game settings, so all of the flippers would react to the slightest button press.
Do some of the real flipper tables with 2 (or more) stages really use analog sensitive buttons or is this indeed a bug?

EDIT:
Forget the last question, it was already answered in the mentioned Europe-Thread :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.