PS3 Pinball Controller WIP

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
And here is the final status for today.

The foliage is on the Box and all Buttons, Plunger and Coindoor is attached to it. Only thing missing on the Box are some trims on the sidecorners and the Springfeets.

Time to do some electronic :)

Enjoy

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
When Black Knight will be available, and the Magna Save has a own Button, then I can easily add it.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
That looks so much better now. I thought your bump box hung but after seeing it inside that'll work to either way although it might be more sensitive higher up and closer to the buttons. AWSOME! AWSOME! AWSOME! Now all you need is VR glasses.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Any chance we can see a video of this in action?
I am very curious to see how the nudging works on it.

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
seriously, if you have a friend or a friend of a friend of a friend who's a patent engineer you should sit down and work one out. I'm sure you could turn this into something profitable. anyone else in here that would be willing to pledge quite some money if it went on Kickstarter...?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Are you freakin' kidding me???!!! How am I supposed to go back and play on a regular controller now and not feel inadequate? Geez!

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
seriously, if you have a friend or a friend of a friend of a friend who's a patent engineer you should sit down and work one out. I'm sure you could turn this into something profitable. anyone else in here that would be willing to pledge quite some money if it went on Kickstarter...?

Turning this into something profitable would mean this Controller would be around 500$.

Here are some parts with prices:

Rails and Lockbar = 100$
Coindoor = 80$ ( Not even a original Pinball Coindoor )
Leafswitches with Button = 30$
Main Controller Board = 60$
Button and switches illuminated = 80 Dollar
Material around 100$
Worktime = Unpayable :)

If someone in here is willing to pay me 500$, I will build one :)

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Guys, let's stick to discussing the awesome controller, not tables that cost $500. I deleted a few posts that were off topic, and moved it to the PS3 section.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Damn gord a lil'quick on the draw dude. $500 was relevant to this when hes explaining HIS costs +labor. This could be made alot cheaper, key word CHEAPER! No high density particle board,cabinet rails...what WE NEED is a diagram for sodering. I have 2 worn out controllers for donors, functions wouldn't be compromised with the controller issues i.e. L anolog gets stuck right because the surrounding circle is cracked into a cresent circle. Did you print out inlays for your buttons GRONI? How about a Subwoofer inside, or could you use stronger motors for vibration?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Damn gord a lil'quick on the draw dude. $500 was relevant to this when hes explaining HIS costs +labor. This could be made alot cheaper, key word CHEAPER! No high density particle board,cabinet rails...what WE NEED is a diagram for sodering. I have 2 worn out controllers for donors, functions wouldn't be compromised with the controller issues i.e. L anolog gets stuck right because the surrounding circle is cracked into a cresent circle. Did you print out inlays for your buttons GRONI? How about a Subwoofer inside, or could you use stronger motors for vibration?

I guess I missed what was said.

Yeah, a sub woofer would be pretty cool. How about a fan on top for Whirlwind? :)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You could use a Sixaxis controller for this instead of a Dualshock3, right? That should drop your controller price down a little bit. Maybe some of those Asian knockoff sites sell knockoff PS3 controllers?

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
I only listed the parts that I used. Of course it could be cheaper, but then it won´t have the same quality.

Uhm...a Subwoofer for what?? :) I already thought about a stronger motor, but i will let the original motor inside for now.

I printed the Insides by myself. And the Problem with the Original Controller Board are the solderpoints. They are too small to get a good solder.

I ordered "Wire Glue" A glue that is electrically conducting. Didn´t tested it out yet.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Groni, the way to deal with really small solder points is to not solder to the points directly. Build up some solder on the wire that you're going to solder to the board, build up some heat on the wire and then connect the soldered wire to the board. If you're already using this technique then just ignore me. ;D

The controller looks cool!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts