Bug PS3 Version 2.0.2 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew Dietsch

Jun 28, 2012
Problems I have encountered since the last update:

I had originally set my flipper controls to L2/R2, but now only L1/R1 is recognized, even when the settings option is changed.

In Ripley's, The upper right flipper is frozen, unless I press the button very hard, and even then it is extremely lagging. I also have this problem in Funhouse with the upper left flipper.

In Monster Bash, I cannot activate Lyman's Lament with the flipper combination provided in the tutorial. I have attempted it countless times and it has never worked.

Also, with the new trophy updates, I cannot get trophies for achievements I had already acquired before the update. Specific example: I have completed all the standard and Wizard goals for Bride of Pin-bot, but annot find a way to have those trophies placed in my collection.

I don't want this to be misconstrued as complaining. I absolutely LOVE TPA and offer my noticing of these bugs simply in an effort to help fine-tune a truly excellent product.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Problems I have encountered since the last update:

I had originally set my flipper controls to L2/R2, but now only L1/R1 is recognized, even when the settings option is changed.

In Ripley's, The upper right flipper is frozen, unless I press the button very hard, and even then it is extremely lagging. I also have this problem in Funhouse with the upper left flipper.

Also, with the new trophy updates, I cannot get trophies for achievements I had already acquired before the update. Specific example: I have completed all the standard and Wizard goals for Bride of Pin-bot, but annot find a way to have those trophies placed in my collection.

I don't want this to be misconstrued as complaining. I absolutely LOVE TPA and offer my noticing of these bugs simply in an effort to help fine-tune a truly excellent product.

First off, the upper flippers are now two stage flippers. This means you can hold a ball on the lower flipper and by just pushing a little harder, you can now flip the upper flipper independently.

If you want the trophy, you're gonna have to start a new save file. There's a whole thread all about this elsewhere.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
In Monster Bash, I cannot activate Lyman's Lament with the flipper combination provided in the tutorial. I have attempted it countless times and it has never worked.

try pushing both flippers in (it clears all previous input codes), and then inputing the code, it should work

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
You gotta do it kinda quick.
L11 R1 L5 R1 L6 R1 it also helps to push the right amount....

Yep. Just make sure you enter the code DURING a game.
Entered successfully Lyman Sheats will say "Totally" and your
next award at the "venue" scoop will be "Lyman´s Lament".

I jut realized they tell you how to do this in the tables instructions as well (page 334/357).
I sure wish there was a shortcut like this for Atlantis!! I've been trying at that for 5 months now.

It appears it doesn't count towards the Wizard goal doing it this way though.
Wow.... This will be a hard one!

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It appears it doesn't count towards the Wizard goal doing it this way though.
Wow.... This will be a hard one!

It's not that bad actually, just tedious. Once you figure out the timing of backhanding into the scoop with the right flipper, it's actually quite easy. Hardest thing is ignoring all the modes that start up because of repeatedly hitting that shot! The only time I wind up playing the ball is during multiball, and once I'm back down to one ball, it's back to grinding with that right flipper.

I feel your pain with Atlantis though. I've gotten it one time thankfully, but MM has been torturing me for months and I've yet to even get to BFTK even once.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It's not that bad actually, just tedious. Once you figure out the timing of backhanding into the scoop with the right flipper, it's actually quite easy. Hardest thing is ignoring all the modes that start up because of repeatedly hitting that shot! The only time I wind up playing the ball is during multiball, and once I'm back down to one ball, it's back to grinding with that right flipper.

I feel your pain with Atlantis though. I've gotten it one time thankfully, but MM has been torturing me for months and I've yet to even get to BFTK even once.

I'll have to work on the shots wih Monster Bash some more. I get so frustrated with all if the fast outlane drains and bad bounces down the middle that after a few games I move onto something more enjoyable (Funhouse)

I didn't have much trouble wih getting BFTK on MM on the Williams Collection (PS3),but I have a feeling it's going to be very hard on this version. I have been playing this table very little in hopes that they would fix the flipper gap, which seems to be about the size of the Grand Canyon at the moment! ;)

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
THE BLACK HOLE, and believe me, it was BLACK, dark as heck and It never looked like that before!

I've made the same experience, but after readjusting the brightness & contrast settings of my screen, everything looks great now. Not only TPA.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'll have to work on the shots wih Monster Bash some more. I get so frustrated with all if the fast outlane drains and bad bounces down the middle that after a few games I move onto something more enjoyable (Funhouse)

That's the thing, if all you're doing is shooting for the scoop, it eliminates the majority of bounces that would send the ball to the outlanes!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I did it yesterday with SYT's advice, it takes a little getting used to where the shot is but then its rinse N repeat. You can see how many shots youve made in the STATUS REPORT.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
That's the thing, if all you're doing is shooting for the scoop, it eliminates the majority of bounces that would send the ball to the outlanes!
Actually I rarely shoot for the scoop. It drains on the outlanes from
either shooting the ramps, especially the one with the disco ball (sorry, I forget the name of it) and
Almost always bounces straight down the middle when hitting Dracula.

Also, sometimes ramp shot will return super fast for no apparent reason and get sent down the opposite outlane without a chance to nudge.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Actually I rarely shoot for the scoop. It drains on the outlanes from
either shooting the ramps, especially the one with the disco ball (sorry, I forget the name of it) and
Almost always bounces straight down the middle when hitting Dracula.

Also, sometimes ramp shot will return super fast for no apparent reason and get sent down the opposite outlane without a chance to nudge.

No such problem here. I'm backhanding with the right flipper, so it's never a powerful shot. Sometimes it goes up to the right orbit, but then I either catch it again when it comes back down, or if it goes all the way around I just do a dead flipper bounce and it's back in my right flipper. If it misses the other direction, it goes through the mosh spinner, and when it rolls back down it hits the rubber on the left and bounces right into the scoop (usually). The majority of the time though, the ball is never touching the slingshots, I'm not going up any ramps, and I'm not shooting Frankie, so the outlanes are a non issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts