Bug PS3 Version 2.0.2 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
Ya know, it's NOT real pinball, just based on tables that happen to be real. I for one am happy to play the tables as they come, and then I get excited anew when fixes happen. Nothing has been unplayable to me (except the PS3 slowdown), I just accept the bugs as quirks of that table. In a lot of ways I find that easy to do, cause when I do happen upon a real table, 9 times out of 10 there is something wrong with it, like weak flippers, warped playfield, broken toys, and yet I'll still play. FarSight will fix things in due time. Just ask yourself, would you rather have nothing for months, would you like dlc to only come 3 or 4 times a year on iOS, which means twice a year on console? I say gimme the tables now so that we can help make TPA profitable which will allow FS to hire more people to fix bugs sooner which will make the game sell even better.

Just my 2 cents.

this

(sometimes i really wish i'd still have the energy to bother writing such long posts... but then my cca 18 year experience of dealing with the 'average' netizen quickly reminds me, that 95% of the time me doing so, just isn't worth the trouble)

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
this

(sometimes i really wish i'd still have the energy to bother writing such long posts... but then my cca 18 year experience of dealing with the 'average' netizen quickly reminds me, that 95% of the time me doing so, just isn't worth the trouble)

tl;dr

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
Anyword if the patch re-launched yet? didn't appear to be up last night when I tried it. Still reads 2.01.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Anyword if the patch re-launched yet? didn't appear to be up last night when I tried it. Still reads 2.01.

For those of you who missed patch 2.02 , you will never see that patch , re-called does not mean it comes back after it's fixed , they will go directly to version 2.03 for the next patch .

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

I was hoping it would be today since that's when PSN is updated. I'm guessing at this point it will be in 2 weeks (9/25) and they will bundle it with
the next table pack.

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
For those of you who missed patch 2.02 , you will never see that patch , re-called does not mean it comes back after it's fixed , they will go directly to version 2.03 for the next patch .

I don't care what it's called, it was talked about being out Monday. I think it was an official statement. Seeing how without it tables play slow I would think it would be prioritized outside of a table pack DLC.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I don't care what it's called, it was talked about being out Monday. I think it was an official statement. Seeing how without it tables play slow I would think it would be prioritized outside of a table pack DLC.

No, I think they said they'd be RESUBMITTING on Monday. That means at least a week before it's approved I think.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Gorgars crome rail is just grey and silver stripes and the voice heartbeat cuts out eventually.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I also noticed on MB and maybe others, that on the letter selection box that when scrolling through letters it sometimes skips a letter.

Causing me to spell my initials wrong a couple times now... and once you pick a wrong letter, you cant go back and change it on some tables...

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
There are several bugs on Gorgar.

1. The voice pretty much stops after a while.
2. When playing a multiplayer game everyone plays with the same continuation of the last player. It doesn't remember each player's current goals.
3. The slightest touch of nudging causes a TILT. This is a table that NEEDS nudging, yet I find myself not doing it in fear of tilting.

There are a few others, but I forget what they were off-hand.

Farsight is really going to have their hands full with all of these bugs.

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
No, I think they said they'd be RESUBMITTING on Monday. That means at least a week before it's approved I think.

Ah, re-reading it, it looks like your right. I guess table packs are no longer a release day purchase for me. The game is pretty much crippled as is. I'm itching for Creature From The Black Lagoon, but I'm not going to blind buy it and have all new bugs. I'll wait until the game is known to work.

A bad situation for them for sure. I'm pretty casual with this game, I'm sure there's some out there that will call it a wash and not bother with it any more now that Zen is free with their demo tables.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ah, re-reading it, it looks like your right. I guess table packs are no longer a release day purchase for me. The game is pretty much crippled as is. I'm itching for Creature From The Black Lagoon, but I'm not going to blind buy it and have all new bugs. I'll wait until the game is known to work.

A bad situation for them for sure. I'm pretty casual with this game, I'm sure there's some out there that will call it a wash and not bother with it any more now that Zen is free with their demo tables.

Crippled? Ohhh-kay, you say so. All I know is I have a great time playing it, I've bought every table day and date its available for the PS3, and other than the slow down bug, there hasn't been a single thing that has made the tables unplayable. "Oh whaaaa, the gap is too big in MM". So what? Plenty of people have gotten used to it enough to score a couple a hundred million on it. "Oh whaaaa, the ball is too bouncy." Again, deal with it and have fun. I say this over and over again, but when you do find a table out in the wild, 9 times out of 10 it's got issues too. I don't think I've ever played a perfect brand new minty fresh table. Weak flippers, bad bumpers, broken toys, yep I've played plenty of them. And I had fun.

As for calling it a wash because Zen has free demos? How does that even make sense? Their demos are good for maybe a minute of play and then they shut off. So how are tables that are playable but slightly bugged a wash with Zen demos?

Whatever. While you're sitting there waiting months for a 'perfect' copy of a table, I'm gonna be over here playing that same table and having a blast doing it.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I love TPA and I also hate all the bugs too. With Zen 2 running so smooth and in 3D it has captured my attention. I loaded up my favorite table in TPA yesterday, THE BLACK HOLE, and believe me, it was BLACK, dark as heck and It never looked like that before! Then I fired up Gorgar and Monster and found for the very first time flipper lag! What the heck is going on? All I know is Farsight needs to call the Bug Doctor and EXTERMINATE a bunch of these bugs ---- spray a little RAID on all the DLC packs already released ... and while I wait for that to happen, I am avoiding TPA for now. I want more bugs fixed before I play again. I am a big fan of TPA but honestly these bugs are killing me ... I can't sleep thinking of them crawling all over me!

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
Crippled? Ohhh-kay, you say so. All I know is I have a great time playing it, I've bought every table day and date its available for the PS3, and other than the slow down bug, there hasn't been a single thing that has made the tables unplayable. "Oh whaaaa, the gap is too big in MM". So what? Plenty of people have gotten used to it enough to score a couple a hundred million on it. "Oh whaaaa, the ball is too bouncy." Again, deal with it and have fun. I say this over and over again, but when you do find a table out in the wild, 9 times out of 10 it's got issues too. I don't think I've ever played a perfect brand new minty fresh table. Weak flippers, bad bumpers, broken toys, yep I've played plenty of them. And I had fun.

As for calling it a wash because Zen has free demos? How does that even make sense? Their demos are good for maybe a minute of play and then they shut off. So how are tables that are playable but slightly bugged a wash with Zen demos?

Whatever. While you're sitting there waiting months for a 'perfect' copy of a table, I'm gonna be over here playing that same table and having a blast doing it.

I'm not complaining about bumpers being over reactive, the slow down is deal breaker. Or do you find tables out in the wild where whenever a multiball is active time literally slows down to a crawl? Are you HG Wells? Can you actually control the kentic speed of the ball and flippers when you are playing a physical table via time manipulation? I didn't think so, so shut off the pompous sarcasm. There are two table that I can currently play that have not had any slow down, Monster Bash and Gorgar. And I do play them. I have however paid for another 8 tables that used to work fine (no slow down) but now do not. If that's fine by you, then great, have at them and rack up false high scores with the slow down bug to your little hearts content, that is your absolute right as a purchaser of the product. I'm going to exercise my right as a purchaser of the product to wait until the 10 tables I paid for actually operate with no slow down before I give Farside any more of my money.

And if you don't think having 1 minute demos of what, 20 total tables in Zen Pinball 2 that play properly aren't adding up to sales, then you're delusional.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm not complaining about bumpers being over reactive, the slow down is deal breaker. Or do you find tables out in the wild where whenever a multiball is active time literally slows down to a crawl? Are you HG Wells? Can you actually control the kentic speed of the ball and flippers when you are playing a physical table via time manipulation? I didn't think so, so shut off the pompous sarcasm. There are two table that I can currently play that have not had any slow down, Monster Bash and Gorgar. And I do play them. I have however paid for another 8 tables that used to work fine (no slow down) but now do not. If that's fine by you, then great, have at them and rack up false high scores with the slow down bug to your little hearts content, that is your absolute right as a purchaser of the product. I'm going to exercise my right as a purchaser of the product to wait until the 10 tables I paid for actually operate with no slow down before I give Farside any more of my money.

And if you don't think having 1 minute demos of what, 20 total tables in Zen Pinball 2 that play properly aren't adding up to sales, then you're delusional.

I do believe, as you quoted me, that I did say the slow down bug made tables unplayable. It only affected 2 tables for me, Ripley's and ToM, and was fixed with the 2.02 patch (that you can't get anymore). So no, the slow down doesn't bother me cause I'm no longer affected. And yes, I am HG Wells, deal with it.

So feel free to exercise your rights as a consumer. I just think when someone says something is broken, that means it does not work. There are some in regards to TPA that say tables are unplayable because of bugs. That is what I am addressing. And I'll say it again, the only bug that put a table into that category for me was the slow down bug, which has been fixed within the configuration I play.

As for Zen demos, this is what you said...

"I'm sure there's some out there that will call it a wash and not bother with it any more now that Zen is free with their demo tables."

See, I'm not the delusional one because nowhere did you mention anything about translating sales from demos! To my way of reading, you are stating that free demo Zen tables are of the same value as buggy full TPA tables. You see how one could read it that way, yeah? And of course demos can translate to sales. That's why TPA has been doing it since day 1!

So I'm gonna hop back in my time machine, which indeed has a seat of pompous sarcasm from which I sit. I'm going to revisit when the only simulated real tables on a console were those of FarSight's Pinball Hall of Fame, and everybody played through bugs that put the one's in TPA to shame and had a great time doing it.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
I love TPA and I also hate all the bugs too. With Zen 2 running so smooth and in 3D it has captured my attention. I loaded up my favorite table in TPA yesterday, THE BLACK HOLE, and believe me, it was BLACK, dark as heck and It never looked like that before! Then I fired up Gorgar and Monster and found for the very first time flipper lag! What the heck is going on? All I know is Farsight needs to call the Bug Doctor and EXTERMINATE a bunch of these bugs ---- spray a little RAID on all the DLC packs already released ... and while I wait for that to happen, I am avoiding TPA for now. I want more bugs fixed before I play again. I am a big fan of TPA but honestly these bugs are killing me ... I can't sleep thinking of them crawling all over me!

I'm a big fan of TPA as well, but I'm gonna have to stop playing until some of these issues are fixed. This game is a mess atm and needs a good cleaning. Flipper lag in 1080p is a killer.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
As posted before, Ripley's is slow. Also sometimes the table is dark, like the GI lights are out. And sometimes the ball will go through the ramp to the slot machine, making it impossible to ever get up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.