Bug PS3 Version 2.0.3 Bugs & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
The only time CFTBL looks ok when it's in the beginning and the canera is showing it off. But once you play there are missing graphics, and plastics that just don't llook right and out of place, like they were applied and modeled wrong or something. PLease fix our problems as soon as possible. I am running in 1080p. And I agree BK looks horrible as well.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I hate to say it, but this pack seems like it was rushed out the door without proper polish.

The Black Knight in particular. The lighting is extremely dim and table graphics are muddy and "black bloom" as mentioned above make it look like parts of the table were burned or something.

There are quite a lot of bugs that make this feel like QA dropped the ball. I'm getting a lot of the ball going through the flipper. More so than on any other game. It probably happens about 8-10 times in a single 20 minute game and that's not cool. It happens especially wih the top tier area. The ball gets trapped because of the lousy 2 stage flippers and then pops the ball right through the seemingly solid flipper! :(

It also shoots one of the balls right down the hole on multiball start-up much of the time for me. This is very frustrating!

The funny thing about this game on TWPHOF is that I never knew about the Magna Save and I was hitting very high scores on the PS3. I was at #3 for a while, but now that I know about it I am doing much worse. Maybe its not all to blame,
But is anyone able to successfully save a ball with the Magna Save in time? The only time I was able to do it quick enough was when I pressed it way in advance, not even knowing if the ball was headed for the outlane and by luck it helped.

It would be a great table if thy could clean up the graphics (add more ambient light!),
Patch the holes in the flippers, and get rid of the two stage flippers since they make things harder.

I still have hopes for this one.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Agree with you Spoonman and I did pretty good at it on PHOFWC as well, I think it starts to look real bad when you light it up, those lights on the playfield and next to the drop targets are giving off way too much light to the point that they look washed out.

Battra92

Sep 26, 2012
It also shoots one of the balls right down the hole on multiball start-up much of the time for me. This is very frustrating!

I thought I was the only one! I figured I was doing something wrong. I tilted the table a few times trying to avoid that.

But is anyone able to successfully save a ball with the Magna Save in time?

I did it a couple times over the course of playing the table for three hours last night (my wife was out so I have an excuse :p )

My major bug report is that I got a ball caught in the lower playfield capture hole and it got stuck and would pop out only to pop back in. So I had to quit the whole game and restart. I couldn't duplicate the error, though. It was pretty annoying, though. :(

Still, I was able to get a high score and complete the classic goals before giving up on TPA for the night. For comparison I tried Video pinball for the Atari 2600 but the details of that are for another thread ...

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm assuming that they do the table field art in layers. I think on BK there is a black layer that got rendered on top instead of on the bottom or somewhere underneath the top layer.

I'm thinking that the way some of these things get into the final product is that the development PS3 renders things just a little differently than the production PS3 does. But that's just a guess.

geremy

Aug 3, 2012
The upper left flipper on BK only works half the time. If I press the button, the lower flipper will move, but the upper one won't about 50% of the time.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Why does CFTBL look so messed up for me? The table itself is missing graphics and they are muddy in spots and you can see some of the decals are wrong...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Are you talking about the first ball from the upper playfield? Are you just letting it roll past the upper left flipper?

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Are you talking about the first ball from the upper playfield? Are you just letting it roll past the upper left flipper?

Of course it doesn't help that the wall in front of the upper left flipper is so high that you can't see the ball (or flipper) during multiball. If you look closely you can see that the plastic on top of that wall section is actually floating in space, considerably higher than it should be.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Of course it doesn't help that the wall in front of the upper left flipper is so high that you can't see the ball (or flipper) during multiball. If you look closely you can see that the plastic on top of that wall section is actually floating in space, considerably higher than it should be.

Good point.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Is there any way we can get a comment from someone at Farsight for the rough shape the Black Knight table art is in? And if they are planning on restoring it to the condition of the actual table. I've supported them through the glitches because they can be rare or a odd programming bug... But this is inexcusable. The rough shape of that table art is VERY visible 100% of time you are playing it. There is no way they missed that and should be ashamed they go on and on about preserving it for future generations then releasing that. I really don't think I want to support them with any future tables if that is the lazy effort we are getting. If you can't clean them up in time for release, release a different one or delay the release! I feel like each table pack is now a mini kickstarter ... If it sells well enough to fund fixing it they will. Really disappointed

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012

A different camera angle might help here to see the ball in the upper field better.

I really don't understand why Farsight has such a huge problem with the quality of the product. You package the final DLC and do a final test on a retail PS3. Everyone knows that you must not allow last minute changes, even if this means that you can't include a feature or improvement that "doesn't break anything".

How many people have reported the laggy upper left flipper? You will notice it in your very first game.
And the rendering errors? You start the game and you see them.

I can almost guess what Farsight will say: Sony accidentially released the beta version of the DLC and not the correct one...

It's safe to say that we are all fans here in the forum and a patch will come out soon. But what about the casual players? They will give a low rating and spread the bad news...

@grasshopper: let's see what Farsight has to say about the issues. I can't believe that they wanted to release BK like that, especially when you look at the gameplay video taken from the Xbox. And I am sure they will fix it so let's show our support! From the comments I knew that there were problems but I bought the DLC anyway and will do so in future. ;)

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
@yeti This was the only video I found of BK and it looks like it has the same issues. I think it was even released by them. I can only guess they bought a faded scorched table, then scanned it and decided it was good enough...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3VuDGxOnv8
The black blotches look a little lighter maybe but they are still there. The whole table seems faded and washed out too.

I would love to support them, I have instantly bought every pack so far. Sadly this left me feeling quite sour about their efforts. Hoping we get good news.
If you can find any videos of it looking better I am curious to see them.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
@yeti This was the only video I found of BK and it looks like it has the same issues. I think it was even released by them. I can only guess they bought a faded scorched table, then scanned it and decided it was good enough...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3VuDGxOnv8
The black blotches look a little lighter maybe but they are still there. The whole table seems faded and washed out too.

I would love to support them, I have instantly bought every pack so far. Sadly this left me feeling quite sour about their efforts. Hoping we get good news.
If you can find any videos of it looking better I am curious to see them.

The gamma is really off on this table. The good news is that it's probably an easy fix, but I don't know how these things get through Q&A.
Someone said before that Farsight doesn't use an HDTV to test on, presumably as a joke, but I'm starting to believe that might be true.

Here is a quick gamma fix with Photoshop on a still from that video. I couldn't find a high res in game picture of this (or the one from WPHOF), but just a slight tweak
makes it much more vivid. Again, I don't have much to work with here:

Comparison_BlackKnight.jpg

Jeff, I was talking about the ball on the lower playfield. I noticed mostly on 3 ball multi. It shoots it straight down the middle.

PS3-BlackKnightDrain.jpg

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
Ooh, another bug - Creature from the Black Lagoon, scoring the Super Jackpot does not trigger the wizard goal. Grrrr....I worked so hard to get it too... :)

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Yeah they really half assed Black Knight. I wonder if they are just tacking on the alpha numeric tables as a bonus to the DMD table. Creature looks like a dream by comparison.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I got the super jackpot in Creature and while "Goal 3 Completed" (or whichever goal number it was) didn't pop up, it still gave me credit

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
The gamma is really off on this table. The good news is that it's probably an easy fix, but I don't know how these things get through Q&A.
Someone said before that Farsight doesn't use an HDTV to test on, presumably as a joke, but I'm starting to believe that might be true.

Here is a quick gamma fix with Photoshop on a still from that video. I couldn't find a high res in game picture of this (or the one from WPHOF), but just a slight tweak
makes it much more vivid. Again, I don't have much to work with here:

Comparison_BlackKnight.jpg

That does look a bit better and closer to the real table. I mean, it needs quite a bit more work & cleaning it up for sure (don't just change the gamma Farsight) but that does look better for such a quick change.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
BK definitely has too much shadow crush. I'm in agreement with the group on that. BH, on the other hand, is a joy to play now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts