Bug PS4 (NA) Version 1.24 Master Bugs List (Updated Up To Banzai Run)

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
2, it's not an easy bug to reproduce, for diagnosis. The only real possible fix is to figure out how and why the ball disappears in the first place, but I doubt they've made any headway on this.

I think that on BK in particular, one of these holes in the table exists right in the ball lock area in the upper playfield.

I wonder if it would help if someone was stream/recording their gameplay when this happens. Recording at 1080p someone at FS can zoom out the area and perhaps get a better idea.

The M

Aug 20, 2017
Will the remaining issues listed here still be worked on? I just purchased all of the tables available for PS4 and I am hoping some of them get polished off a little more. Are we still contributing to the list of issues? I have all the table available on PS3 also and I feel like the PS3 version was more polished in some ways as the PS4 is more polished in others. Mostly I just wish the sound issues still existent would be addressed as the PS3 versions had better sound on some of the tables than the PS4 version. I am really in hopes a mega patch of some kind can be done at some point as I love Pinball Arcade. Honestly its the one game I keep coming back too after years of playing now.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I am really in hopes a mega patch

Hell yeah! The level of 'leetness of the infamous MegaPatch™ for PS3 can only be surpassed by a MegaPatch™ for PS4 (and without the need for updates for individual tables as we're already supposed to have that on PS4).

The M

Aug 20, 2017
I hope Farsight is planning on doing some work to Scared Stiff. I also have been experiencing music cutouts (seemingly random) and the coffin glitch after coffin multiball. Also the spider hole remaining active is destroying my games. This is one of my all time favorite tables and it's a shame it is in such bad shape. The sound could use a little work as well as it loops pretty badly. Farsight please fix these issues. I love Pinball arcade and am in need of an update.

JonnyPinball

Dec 13, 2017
The Getaway Highspeed 2 glitches?

Hello!

1st post here. New to the forum, but not new to pinball.

I have been playing the Pinball Arcade mostly on the PS4 (which I have the actual disc and it came with about 20 tables IIRC) and have also downloaded the game on the PS3.

My initial draw to playing virtual pinball was for those Williams titles from the late 80s and early 90s that I played as a kid in the local poolhall/arcade. The owner must have had an arrangement with Williams primarily as the ones I loved were The Getaway Highspeed 2, Funhouse, Diner, the 1st Highspeed and some others. They always had 5 or 6 at a time and would rotate new ones through every so often.

The Getaway Highspeed 2 was my favorite by a wide margin. I was thrilled to see it available online and was really enjoying playing it, but not that long ago it started to get glitchy.

I would guess it was after the latest update on the PS4, which I don't remember exactly when it was, but perhaps only a few months ago. It doesn't update the game all that often, but this update seemed to add some glitches/bugs to the game that weren't there before.

The main one that is most noticeable (and frustrating) is where the ball will actually come out of the table and roll off screen across the floor. It does this during multiball and Redline Mania specifically. What seems to happen is that when you are shooting the balls into the supercharger to get the jackpot ready counter to count down, it will get confused/excited and kick the ball out of the supercharger loop and out of the table and off screen. Like it goes directly horizontal to the right and then reappears in the plunger spot. You don't lose the ball, but it fouls up the chance at the big jackpots.

Frustrating at the very least and wondered if anyone else had ever seen this happen?

I could try and capture it somehow with a still photo or video, but I'm not sure how to do that. Or describe it better if it's not clear to anyone.

Great game overall. Very good realistic depictions of the original games albeit the physics in the flippers aren't always the best (the left flipper in Diner doesn't feel right, right at the tip of the flipper. To me anyway).

Thanks!!

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Something I never hear people talking about, but kind of bothers me......table view settings. They are not universal across ALL tables. I have went through the entire current PS4 collection (I have them all) and have noticed that 7 tables have kind of whacked-out views. Generally, I use view 1 on most tables, but on these 7 tables you are forced to use view 2 to get the equivalent of view 1 on the rest of the tables. These 7 tables' view 1 is like view 4 on other tables, and view 4 is just ridiculous on those 7 tables.....like a kid who is barely tall enough to see over the table. Kind makes view 4 useless on them.

The 7 tables I'm talking about are:
Black Rose
Class of 1812
Fish Tales
Taxi
Tee'd Off
Terminator 2
Victory

Generally speaking, I could just select view 2 to make them like view 1 on other tables, but the problem is that TPA will always remember the last view you used regardless of which table you play, so you go to a normal table, and it goes to view 2 and you have to switch through the views to get back to view 1, frequently causing you to lose a ball in the process.

I know it's not really that big of an issue, but it is annoying. I propose two ways the issue could be resolved:

1. Fix the views of the above mentioned 7 tables.
2. Have each table remember their individual view settings that you selected for them.

My guess is that option 1 would be the easiest way to fix the problem.

Please don't look at this as complaining, it's just something I've noticed as an inconsistency across the collection. I know there are much more pressing issues with the PS4 collection that need attention, but I just thought I'd mention this as it seems fixing the views for those 7 tables would be a relatively easy thing to do.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Something I never hear people talking about, but kind of bothers me......table view settings.

I second this, I generally play in View 3 in locked mode which gives you a good overview of the table, but it's not there on all tables (didn't make a list myself).

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The non-universal view issue isn't just a PS thing. The ios version has some pins with views that are odd as well. I find some pins much less enjoyable because you cant find a view you are comfortable with. I could understand it if it was just the wide body pins or other unusual sizes like Safe Cracker.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Alright guys, I'm going to spend the next several hours updating the PS4 (NA) Master Bugs List. I'll confirm and log as many bugs/issues as possible, then I'll post and sticky a new thread for the current PS4 version and will continuously update it with my findings and bugs/issues you all report so that the list stays up-to-date from patch to patch.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The OP has been updated from High Priority Issues up to the Fireball table. Everything listed below Fireball has not yet been reconfirmed. I will continue to update this list and will begin posting a new thread for each PS4 update beginning with Version 1.21. I'll also look through all the issues you guys have posted to make sure they're verified and added to the OP every chance I get. Thanks in advance for all your help.

The M

Aug 20, 2017
I noticed Taxi still has a line down at the bottom near the flippers and one of the table has two plungers! :O I'll have to recheck to find the one with two plungers. I'll assist with anything I can find also as I am in the midst of checking all tables though season 5. I'll check my list against this one and add anything I can.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I noticed Taxi still has a line down at the bottom near the flippers and one of the table has two plungers! :O I'll have to recheck to find the one with two plungers. I'll assist with anything I can find also as I am in the midst of checking all tables though season 5. I'll check my list against this one and add anything I can.

Thanks...

The M

Aug 20, 2017
Wanted to report a new bug with Patch 1.21 NA. I am having an issue with the Twilight Zone. When I go to launch the ball using a skill shot the ball wobbles back and forth while the plunger is pulled. Also, once the ball has been shot, if it goes past the skill shot area and into the ejector, it shoots out too hard and bounces off my flipper all the way up to the top flipper half way up the table. Unsure if it is the physics of the ball are too light or the ejector is shooting too hard, but could anyone else confirm this issue? I have had it happen every time I play a game on the table. Also I had it to crash when changing ball skins on Twilight Zone, but no other tables seem to suffer this issue.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
I'd also like to report a bug in the most recent EU version. It's an old bug, and it's still there. Just have a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcI9qz41shc

When the clip starts, you can see the ball is stuck just over the right captive hole. Not really an issue, I just nudge and it gets out. But when the Double Trouble mode starts, it releases the ball and the camera moves upwards, so you can't see the flippers. So yes, that's double trouble allright, but not the way it is intended.

Also... I don't know if TPA & SPA are handled by the same person/team, but... The crossbuy between these two doesn't work as it should in de PSN EU store. And even inside SPA it doesn't work as it should.
I already bought all seasons in TPA, but some of the tables I had in TPA didn't open up in SPA. Since I was impatient I just bought the 2 SPA table pack as well.
Allthough all tables work now, I still see some tables in the PSN Store with a price attached to them. This also means I cannot purchase the LE packages, since the shop will tell me that I don't own the tables. But I DO own them (I have both packs) and I can play them within the game...

Last edited:

funchords

May 13, 2017
I'd also like to report a bug in the most recent EU version. It's an old bug, and it's still there. Just have a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcI9qz41shc

When the clip starts, you can see the ball is stuck just over the right captive hole. Not really an issue, I just nudge and it gets out. But when the Double Trouble mode starts, it releases the ball and the camera moves upwards, so you can't see the flippers. So yes, that's double trouble allright, but not the way it is intended..

Thanks for mentioning that. It bothered me too. Changed in the most recent one or two releases AFAICT

Oct 15, 2013
Also... I don't know if TPA & SPA are handled by the same person/team, but... The crossbuy between these two doesn't work as it should in de PSN EU store. And even inside SPA it doesn't work as it should.
I already bought all seasons in TPA, but some of the tables I had in TPA didn't open up in SPA. Since I was impatient I just bought the 2 SPA table pack as well.
Allthough all tables work now, I still see some tables in the PSN Store with a price attached to them. This also means I cannot purchase the LE packages, since the shop will tell me that I don't own the tables. But I DO own them (I have both packs) and I can play them within the game...

I've posted elsewhere on the forum about cross-buy but never got a response. I bought the first table pack for SPA, AC/DC and Star Trek along with other previously released TPA tables, but those TPA tables in Stern never unlocked in TPA and I just recently got Ghostbusters from Season 7 in TPA but that table didn't unlock in SPA. I don't think cross-buy exists on the PS4. I'm not sure it even exists anywhere. Maybe PC?

Oct 15, 2013
Also the thing where if you bought the table packs in SPA you can't get the LE editions is ridiculous. The only reason I got SPA was for the AC/DC table. Two glaring bugs still haven't been fixed on it, there's no status check when you hold down the flippers and there's a constant rolling ball sound effect glitch that happens after a game or two.

Off track for this thread, oops.

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
Black Knight music often quit after playing awhile. One soundtrack keeps playing but the score after the ball drains and sword bonus is gone.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Ran into another bug in Ghost Busters. Though I am not sure wether it's a bug Farsights implementation or a bug in the ROM of the original table.
In the Don't Cross The Stream mode, I defeated all the Slimney's but the mode doesn't end, so I have to cross the streams anyway:

https://youtu.be/_e0Rk03w97M?t=551

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts