PS4 pricing and discount thread

RJB

May 1, 2013
Still no access to Season 1 Pack on PS4. Any hope that they will fix it before christmas?

I'm wondering about this as well, certainly not looking good is it, I have my doubts it will be fixed anytime soon, really disappointed to say the least, I finished off all the goals on TOTAN yesterday so I won't be playing TPA on the PS4 anymore unless they get this issue sorted, I'm already starting to go off the idea of re-buying Season 1 on the PS4 even at the discounted price as it's taking so long for Farsight/Sony to sort this mess out.

To be honest when I was looking at the tables included in Season 1 it kind of made me wish that there was an option to buy every table separate, many of the two packs have one table I really like then one I don't like at all.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
So, speaking of pricing (given the name of the thread) is there a problem with the pricing on the AU PSN store? Regular season 1 comes in at a ridiculous $44AU, compared with $32AU for the same season on iOS and $30US for PC.

I was itching to get into TPA on PS4, but at those prices, I'm flat-out refusing to until they're brought into line with the other platforms.

Gadbury

Jul 20, 2012
I'm wondering about this as well, certainly not looking good is it, I have my doubts it will be fixed anytime soon, really disappointed to say the least, I finished off all the goals on TOTAN yesterday so I won't be playing TPA on the PS4 anymore unless they get this issue sorted, I'm already starting to go off the idea of re-buying Season 1 on the PS4 even at the discounted price as it's taking so long for Farsight/Sony to sort this mess out.

To be honest when I was looking at the tables included in Season 1 it kind of made me wish that there was an option to buy every table separate, many of the two packs have one table I really like then one I don't like at all.

Very frustrated here. What's happening? Anyone know?

lqdsky

Aug 11, 2012
Per PS Blog

"Hey there, PlayStation and pinball fans! We are now officially available on PS4! We’re super excited that we were able to get it out in time for the holidays.

The positive response to The Pinball Arcade has been overwhelming. Reviewers have been raving about the new lighting and reworked physics which take full advantage of the PS4′s powerful hardware. The next-gen experience is alive and well in the PS4 version of The Pinball Arcade.

Some people who own Season One basic on PS3 were not able to purchase the discounted Season One pro on PS4. To those waiting on that Season Pass discount in North America: expect a fix by Tuesday the 24th!

Thank you all so much for your support, and have fun with Pinball Arcade on PS4."

RJB

May 1, 2013
Per PS Blog

"Hey there, PlayStation and pinball fans! We are now officially available on PS4! We’re super excited that we were able to get it out in time for the holidays.

The positive response to The Pinball Arcade has been overwhelming. Reviewers have been raving about the new lighting and reworked physics which take full advantage of the PS4′s powerful hardware. The next-gen experience is alive and well in the PS4 version of The Pinball Arcade.

Some people who own Season One basic on PS3 were not able to purchase the discounted Season One pro on PS4. To those waiting on that Season Pass discount in North America: expect a fix by Tuesday the 24th!

Thank you all so much for your support, and have fun with Pinball Arcade on PS4."

Thanks! for nothing Farsight/Sony, if your one of the many that have bought "all" your tables in the UK/Europe (like myself) then you still can't play TPA on the PS4, I'm pleased for those of you in NA, but fed up with UK/Europe always being last on the list whenever there are problems that need sorting, to think TPA has already been out a week and we still can't download the discounted pack, awful!:mad:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Thanks! for nothing Farsight/Sony, if your one of the many that have bought "all" your tables in the UK/Europe (like myself) then you still can't play TPA on the PS4, I'm pleased for those of you in NA, but fed up with UK/Europe always being last on the list whenever there are problems that need sorting, to think TPA has already been out a week and we still can't download the discounted pack, awful!:mad:

The way it works is that FarSight is assigned a rep for the EU market. When they run across a problem like this they report it to their rep. They have a different rep for NA. So its not as if someone is choosing to work on the NA store instead of the EU store. They're basically two different divisions.

Per PS Blog

The pro discount bundle is now available for the NA store. I was hoping that they would also put out an pro upgrade bundle discount for those who wanted to buy the pro discount bundle but couldn't so they bought the regular discount bundle. I emailed them about this last week and they said that they thought they could work something out but so far there's nothing for this situation.

2n2

Apr 15, 2012
The pro discount bundle is now available for the NA store. I was hoping that they would also put out an pro upgrade bundle discount for those who wanted to buy the pro discount bundle but couldn't so they bought the regular discount bundle. I emailed them about this last week and they said that they thought they could work something out but so far there's nothing for this situation.

I was told they're looking into some sort of regular to pro upgrade for people in this situation. It would need to be a different store item, which might take some time.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I can't believe they still haven't ******* fixed this in EU. How hard can it possibly be for the store to check what you already bought and unlock a purchase based on it?

If I was Farsight I would be LIVID with Sony right now as this HAS to be causing lost sales.

Gadbury

Jul 20, 2012
Still an issue in the UK/EU. Can't believe Sony haven't fixed this. The release of the game was delayed due to Sony / FarSight sorting out the discount deal. You'd think they would have tested qualification for discount bloody works before releasing it. I'm very disappointed, primarily with Sony - I had a feeling that it wouldn't be a quick resolution. It is causing lost sales which is a shame for FarSight - as good as the PS4 version is, I would not have re-purchased all tables for the PS4 at the full price. As it is, I intend to purchase the discount bundle when it finally gets fixed, but my patience and desire to do so is wearing thin. I feel a little bit bad for complaining about a loyalty discount, but I'm more angry with SCEE - they regularly cock things up and seem so slow to resolve problems.

Last edited:

RJB

May 1, 2013
Still an issue in the UK/EU. Can't believe Sony haven't fixed this. The release of the game was delayed due to Sony / FarSight sorting out the discount deal. You'd think they would have tested qualification for discount bloody works before releasing it. I'm very disappointed, primarily with Sony - I had a feeling that it wouldn't be a quick resolution. It is causing lost sales which is a shame for FarSight - as good as the PS4 version is, I would not have re-purchased all tables for the PS4 at the full price. As it is, I intend to purchase the discount bundle when it finally gets fixed, but my patience and desire to do so is wearing thin. I feel a little bit bad for complaining about a loyalty discount, but I'm more angry with SCEE - they regularly cock things up and seem so slow to resolve problems.

This is exactly how I feel now, checked again first thing this morning (hoping it may have been fixed late yesterday) but, still nothing, each day that goes past I'm leaning more & more to just sticking with the PS3 versions, I'm starting to feel that I won't even want to pay the discounted price anymore, I almost feel as though I've moved on, mainly because I have loads of other games to get through, Farsight/Sony just have not worked hard/quick enough to sort this out IMO.

Vince

Nov 7, 2013

Why on earth would you be angry with Sony? Sony did a fine job for Zen Pinball: if you have one of their tables on PS3 you can download it for free on the PS4 with no issues.

It is a harsh truth, but still true, that FS have a history of running about blaming others for cock-ups. It was the same thing with the Steam release, and the same reason given: Valve had messed up with the pricing. I don't blame Sony for this; I could be wrong, but it seems to me that when it comes to release management FS don't seem to know their arses from their elbows.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Well I see the pro bundle is now available for $19.99 but the only problem is I am not able to upgrade from the regular bundle. They want another $19.99.
Please get this sorted out too. I guess I could have waited another week to buy the game.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Why on earth would you be angry with Sony? Sony did a fine job for Zen Pinball: if you have one of their tables on PS3 you can download it for free on the PS4 with no issues.

It is a harsh truth, but still true, that FS have a history of running about blaming others for cock-ups. It was the same thing with the Steam release, and the same reason given: Valve had messed up with the pricing. I don't blame Sony for this; I could be wrong, but it seems to me that when it comes to release management FS don't seem to know their arses from their elbows.

How exactly do you figure that FS managed to break the Playstation Store when only Sony are able to make changes to it?

We were told the game got delayed initially to resolve these discount issues, because Sony said FS couldn't do the discount how they wanted (eg discounted table pack for anyone with three full tables) and the store wasn't really designed to offer the discounts in the way its (supposed to) be doing. This is one reason we are so pissed, they delayed the game to make sure the discount worked, and it still doesn't.

I have also heard it mentioned that the reason Zen didn't move all their tables over to PS4 for free was also down to Sony only allowing a specific number to be moved for free, the rest would need to be charged.

Then there are the number of times the EU store have cocked up discount/cross-buy offers in the past, its pretty obvious where the problem lies.

I agree FS aren't perfect, but a lot of the upset at them about the lack of PS3 improvements is also misplaced. Again, we now know Sony do not allow DLC to be updated which means FS have to arrange one big game update containing all table patches. Is that FS fault too then?

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
How exactly do you figure that FS managed to break the Playstation Store when only Sony are able to make changes to it?

We were told the game got delayed initially to resolve these discount issues, because Sony said FS couldn't do the discount how they wanted (eg discounted table pack for anyone with three full tables) and the store wasn't really designed to offer the discounts in the way its (supposed to) be doing. This is one reason we are so pissed, they delayed the game to make sure the discount worked, and it still doesn't.

I have also heard it mentioned that the reason Zen didn't move all their tables over to PS4 for free was also down to Sony only allowing a specific number to be moved for free, the rest would need to be charged.

Then there are the number of times the EU store have cocked up discount/cross-buy offers in the past, its pretty obvious where the problem lies.

I agree FS aren't perfect, but a lot of the upset at them about the lack of PS3 improvements is also misplaced. Again, we now know Sony do not allow DLC to be updated which means FS have to arrange one big game update containing all table patches. Is that FS fault too then?

To me it's the same as when you see someone give a bad review for a product on Amazon because shipping got screwed up, or the package was damaged in transit. Not the fault of the manufacturer, and the review is actually intended for the seller, but the product is what gets the blame. Or when you get mad at a store clerk because someone else messed up. Is it frustrating? You bet. Is the yelling misplaced? Usually.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
To me it's the same as when you see someone give a bad review for a product on Amazon because shipping got screwed up, or the package was damaged in transit. Not the fault of the manufacturer, and the review is actually intended for the seller, but the product is what gets the blame. Or when you get mad at a store clerk because someone else messed up. Is it frustrating? You bet. Is the yelling misplaced? Usually.

Its more the fact they seem utterly convinced that its Farsight at fault despite the fact that SCEE break the EU store on a regular basis when it comes to discounts, and this is by FAR the most complicated one they have had to deal with.

That said as someone with some knowledge of writing websites, the store back-end must be a complete pile of crap for them to be able to mess up so regularly and take so long to get things fixed. It shouldn't be complicated to have a given product unlock based on having previously purchased products x, y and z.

Last edited:

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Just got my PS4 for Christmas... wondering something...

The digital copy of Pinball Arcade + season 1 pack at the PS Store = $29.99

The physical copy of the game, which includes all season 1 tables = $38.99 at Amazon right now.

Other than it comes with a disc and case, is there any benefit/difference to owning the actual physical edition of the game, or should I just download the FREE copy and buy the Season 1 bundle for $10 cheaper?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just got my PS4 for Christmas... wondering something...

The digital copy of Pinball Arcade + season 1 pack at the PS Store = $29.99

The physical copy of the game, which includes all season 1 tables = $38.99 at Amazon right now.

Other than it comes with a disc and case, is there any benefit/difference to owning the actual physical edition of the game, or should I just download the FREE copy and buy the Season 1 bundle for $10 cheaper?

Buy digital. The physical copy I suspect was something done entirely for the sake of Sony wanting actual games on store shelves. FarSight's focus has been entirely on digital distribution of this game, and I suspect the disc won't keep up with updates. On top of that, once season 2 hits, you don't really want to have to switch discs do you?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
why wouldn't it work like normal DLC even with a disc you should be able to download DLC and play it but you need the disc in like Boarderlands Battlefield 3 Gran Tourismo.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts