Rejoyce! Pinball Arcade coming back in August?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
If it's true, it will definitely mean this yeah. Basically it means that they just verify that there aren't any security vulnerabilities or malicious code in the program (which should be almost a given and really fast since they've already checked FS's code once before), and that there aren't any obvious game breaking bugs, as opposed to thorough QA.

It's not really a great thing for consumers who care about quality, but it helps them compete with other platforms such as iTunes and Steam, and for developers it means they can get their stuff through much, much faster.
So on the positive side of things, we may see TPA on XBLA as soon as early September, but on the negative side of things, the buggy nature of some tables that we see on mobile platforms, might end up existing on the X360 version as well.
Personally, in this particular situation, I'm very relieved to read that, as I've been waiting long enough. :p

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The "extensive" testing that Sony does has not prevented a laundry list of bugs and issues with every TPA release on the PS3. I find it doubtful that Microsoft's testing would have done any better. For the most part you have to be a good fan of pinball to know that a particular table is not acting like the real thing or that the pop bumpers are not strong enough.

I'll be getting whichever console has the tables in the store the fastest AND can be readily patched. If both Microsoft AND Sony make changes to allow this on both next gen systems, then we all win!

Redrazorback64

Jun 3, 2013
Yeah, the lengthy testing isn't going to catch stuff like the Monster Bash scoring glitch or the problems with Black Hole. So I think Microsoft going with a two week testing program will be more than adequate. I just want new tables!!! :D

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Re:
images

?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I find it doubtful that Microsoft's testing would have done any better. For the most part you have to be a good fan of pinball to know that a particular table is not acting like the real thing or that the pop bumpers are not strong enough.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what MS's QA is doing. :p

Gigabomber

Jul 4, 2013
Microsoft and Sony need to give up on regulating all of their content and to work on search tools that we can use to sort through the crap. The old days of QA and QC are pretty much gone and it is now the consumer's responsibility to be careful, as disappointing as that is. They need to make sure that the games won't wipe out the consoles, but that's about it.

Almost all games are released with laughable gamebreaking bugs because their internal QA stinks and this has very little impact on sales as far as we can tell: the industry is bigger than ever and the companies have no accountability.

Back on Topic: Maybe Farsight will be the first to get through a streamlined process?

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I'm not sure if what we have is good news or bad.

I'm very confused. Can anyone sort this out and explain what's going on?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Let's not forget that the 360 is the platform that Farsight uses to showcase new table packs. Maybe we won't see some of the bugs seen on other operating systems. I'm not saying it will be perfect, but there's a chance it will be better than some platforms with exceptions of the next-gen consoles, or even PC.

Still, I'd like to know just how ms intends to expedite the release/cert process. Their sudden change of heart, for some reason, doesn't pass "the smell test".

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Well I sure hope that it will enable FS to publish TPA on the 360. I feel bad for all the people on 360 who are missing out (I have a 360 with TPA on aswell, but I still have iPad and PS3).
The 360 is at my parents house so I can play pinball when I visit them (and my father actually found it fun too, managed to get in the Billionares club on BOP) :)

KaneRobot

Jun 7, 2013
Microsoft and Sony need to give up on regulating all of their content and to work on search tools that we can use to sort through the crap. The old days of QA and QC are pretty much gone and it is now the consumer's responsibility to be careful, as disappointing as that is. They need to make sure that the games won't wipe out the consoles, but that's about it.

No thanks. I'd rather have the XBL Marketplace, as cluttered as it is (and I do agree they need to work on search/find tools) than something like the Google Play and/or Amazon App Stores, which is literally 98% utter trash. Strict regulation isn't "outdated" just because some mobile platforms have abandoned it. They definitely need to speed up the cert process, but just opening the floodgates would be an absolutely stupid move.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I think we're in for some very good news this month regarding the tables for the 360. Although I already have them all on the PS3/Vita and Ipad, I'll gladly continue to support FarSight and continue to purchase the tables on the 360 as I have friends on their as well. Call me crazy, but I'm triple dipping on the Wii U as well. FarSight will continue to flourish as long as the support is there. This is very good news for 360 users. I actually miss seeing some of my friends play it and sending me messages asking if I've completed any goals or whatnot. PinWiz is one of the very few who continued to play it well after all of this bankruptcy thing happened.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I'm still waiting for the 360 tables and when they come I'll buy a 360. I'm hoping for August or early September.

I'll gladly get them again on PS4 in November. I'm buying a PS4 specifically for Pinball Arcade. So no Rafie you're not crazy at all. And of course I'll continue to buy all the tables on iOS as they come.

heavydskipp

May 31, 2012
I'm so excited to get get new tables. I was just watching my 5 year old playing Bride and getting so into it. Mind you this is the first sit down and play game he has ever played. It made me fill good watching him and teaching him pinball. Thanks FS for this opportunity with my son.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'm so excited to get get new tables. I was just watching my 5 year old playing Bride and getting so into it. Mind you this is the first sit down and play game he has ever played. It made me fill good watching him and teaching him pinball. Thanks FS for this opportunity with my son.

Great story! That's one of the side-benefits of TPA-giving the younger generations a chance to enjoy the same great tables we did!

wolfson

May 24, 2013
heavydskipp,this is why we should be gratefull for TPA we basicly have our own pinnie parlour.for 30 odd tables it has cost us about $100,and we have these tables forever.how much money have we all spent playing pinnies.i have been playing for the last 44 years !!!! we should all enjoy with what we have in TPA !!!:rolleyes:

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
UPDATE: A representative for Microsoft only had this to say: "We have not announced any changes to our publishing policy for Xbox 360. We look forward to sharing more about self-publishing on Xbox One at Gamescom."

Farsight lead designer Bobby King told Gamasutra, "Sorry, but we cannot confirm independent publishing on 360. We are hopeful that we can bring the Pinball Arcade back to the 360 ourselves and apologize if our statement was taken to mean anything different."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/197106/

Jan 6, 2013
UPDATE: A representative for Microsoft only had this to say: "We have not announced any changes to our publishing policy for Xbox 360. We look forward to sharing more about self-publishing on Xbox One at Gamescom."

Farsight lead designer Bobby King told Gamasutra, "Sorry, but we cannot confirm independent publishing on 360. We are hopeful that we can bring the Pinball Arcade back to the 360 ourselves and apologize if our statement was taken to mean anything different."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/197106/
You know i think i am done here.I should just wait for ps4 i mean why not i have waited for a year all ready.I might as well invest in one console and it seems that if you want the tpa the ps4 is the one to go with. I just hope tpa is ready on ps4 launch day i hope i do not have to wait any longer and hope that they have all the tables ready and if they do what merry xmas i will be having.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.