Relaunch - what will it be like?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Ditto. But flipper lags ie pretty much entirely unacceptable on a pinball table. How to people live with it?
It's one frame out of 60, so you can adjust your timing, but if you get too used to it, it will throw you off when you play any other pinball game, including real pinball.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Purchase a PDP Afterglow controller for your PS3. It has the offset analog sticks just like the Xbox 360 controller, nice triggers that curve outwards like they're supposed to be and it doesn't feel cheap like some other aftermarket PS3 controllers...you won't be disappointed. By the way, I sold my original horribly designed PS3 controller to friend. I don't see how anyone can use that thing.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
PinWiz,

Do the analog sticks have more resistance than the standard ones as well?

Sounds like it's the cure to the reason why i wouldn't buy a PS3 in the beginning.
I've been a complete Sony Hater since the PS1 underwhelmed me and the PS2 to me was an overhyped dirt machine with the same old controller. The PS3 was the first machine they released that wowed me hardware wise and I have enjoyed a lot of their first party titles but I can't stand the analog sticks lack of...feeling (N64 really was my ideal analog stick).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
PinWiz,

Do the analog sticks have more resistance than the standard ones as well?

Sounds like it's the cure to the reason why i wouldn't buy a PS3 in the beginning.
I've been a complete Sony Hater since the PS1 underwhelmed me and the PS2 to me was an overhyped dirt machine with the same old controller. The PS3 was the first machine they released that wowed me hardware wise and I have enjoyed a lot of their first party titles but I can't stand the analog sticks lack of...feeling (N64 really was my ideal analog stick).

The analog sticks on the PDP are solid and indeed have the same resistance as the analog sticks on the Xbox 360 controller and feel nothing like the flimsy analog sticks on the original PS3 controller. The analog sticks even have the dimple on the top of them just like the analog sticks on the Xbox 360 controller. By the way, the PDP controllers are clear and have lights on the inside that you can set to stay on all the time, only flash when the rumble motors spin or turn off completely which is the setting I use. Trust me, you won't be disappointed with the PDP Afterglow controller.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
The analog sticks on the PDP are solid and indeed have the same resistance as the analog sticks on the Xbox 360 controller and feel nothing like the flimsy analog sticks on the original PS3 controller. The analog sticks even have the dimple on the top of them just like the analog sticks on the Xbox 360 controller. By the way, the PDP controllers are clear and have lights on the inside that you can set to stay on all the time, only flash when the rumble motors spin or turn off completely which is the setting I use. Trust me, you won't be disappointed with the PDP Afterglow controller.

Thank-you very much for suggesting a replacement for the DS3. I purchased my PS3 a few years ago, but I really haven't used it much solely because the controller is incredibly awkward to use and makes my hands sore after just a few minutes of play. I have been weary about third-party controllers, but if you say that they are quality then I will certainly look into them. How is the battery life for the controller? I am sick of the dead controller syndrome I always have when I want to use to the PS3 to watch Netflix.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

Thanks for the info Wiz, had I known that I might have jumped onto the PS3 wagon over the 360 this time around.
I hope that there will be something like that available for the PS4 as it seems to be what's catching my eye next gen if I even remain a gamer...might just start spending my money on pinball tables instead.

Haven't you guys seen the mlg controllers by madcatz where you can swap the thumbstick and d pad around? Get very good reviews.

Another interesting concept there, thanks for that info.

Shadowrider49

May 27, 2012
With regards to re launch. Will that ever happen? lol!! What a debacle for Farsight regarding xbox 360 Pinball Arcade. Still waiting for an 11th table on the xbox360. Will that make it before 2020???? Inquiring mind wants to know. :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
No posts since February for a reason. Sadly there is no news to give you. The whole mess is still tied up in the courts. :(

The only positive is that they are still creating 360 versions. So as soon as it gets cleared up there will be more DLC than you can shake a stick at.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
No posts since February for a reason. Sadly there is no news to give you. The whole mess is still tied up in the courts. :(

The only positive is that they are still creating 360 versions. So as soon as it gets cleared up there will be more DLC than you can shake a stick at.

The DLC is already there. It just hasn't been released, and may never be. Heck, we can't even access the core package, as it has been delisted. FarSight should not still be developing for the Xbox 360. They should devote more time to other platforms that are currently supported, so their versions can be better. 15 months and counting is an unacceptable wait for DLC.

If what I've just said made any of you mad, read it again! (This coming from a 360 owner BTW.)

Shadowrider49

May 27, 2012
Yeah...I've moved on to the PS Vita and PS3. It is a shame though as the x360 version is the best out there. No lag, crisper graphics, truer gameplay on the X360. The developers used the x360 as their main platform to develop the tables. Like I've said earlier....for owners of the 360 truly a debacle. We should get some kind of deal. Especially us poor addicted souls that bought the Pinball arcade for other platforms as we soured on waiting forever for the newer tables. Yes I know if Farsight could correct it they would. Time stands still in bankruptcy court. They should have went with a developer with deeper pockets right from the start. Warner Brothers anyone....

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Time stands still in bankruptcy court. They should have went with a developer with deeper pockets right from the start. Warner Brothers anyone....

Like I had said on another thread, it is odd when considering that FarSight had worked with WB before. But again, maybe they wanted a bigger cut of the sales than Crave craved?

...that was a bad pun, I'm sorry.

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
Seems a pity that TPA isn't on the Steam store's "coming soon" section. Hopefully it won't be driven off the front page of "new releases" too quickly.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
...thinking about what I had said about WB Games...

Maybe the reason they didn't sign them in for 360 TPA was because of the licensed tables? I mean, think about it, many of the licensed pins on TPA that are based on films or TV shows are from companies other than WB/Time Warner. TZ and Star Trek TNG are CBS/Paramount, CftBL and Monster Bash are Universal (okay, sure, the latter isn't based off of a movie, but it does use the Universal Monsters) and T2 is StudioCanal.

Sure, this pretty much sounds farfetched, especially since I'm gonna guess FarSight hadn't considered some of those tables when they were releasing the game, but think about it.

I also wonder why they didn't sign System 3 for this one since they released the other PHOF games in Europe, but apparently PHOF Williams was (and still is) the only 360 title they released, and IIRC apparently Microsoft's policies didn't let you publish on XBLA until releasing 3 or 5 retail games.

Microsoft, man...

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The only real way to solve the ps3 lag issue is to get a better tv.

The issue here is that the ps3 can't upscale rapidly like the xbox360 can.

and many tvs are LOUSY at upscaling 720p to 1080p, even in game mode.

In fact, it's recommended to get a 720p instead of 1080p tv for your ps3 because many games do not support 1080p.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.