Request WWF Royal rumble

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
It would be a licensing nightmare with the WWE, plenty of estates, and the World Wildlife Fund (they lost the right to call it the WWF since 2002). I'm sure it would be as difficult to acquire as Guns N' Roses. However, I think The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle would be an easy license to acquire; even Zen Studios had hold of the license before they hit it big with Marvel, Popcap, Telltale, and South Park Studios.

WWE is under a single license banner. They settled with world wildlife fund before launching the network. Everyone featured on the table is either in good standing with the company or their estates are. No issues whatsoever.

Rocky and bullwinkle on the other hand would be a nightmare since the rights are controlled by whatever studio put out the De Niro movie.

Sorry to give you the stone cold stunner.

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
Actually, I think the license is now owned by DreamWorks; the Rocky & Bullwinkle DVD Set released in 2012 was under Classic Media, a subsidiary of DreamWorks. Not to mention the recent Peabody & Sherman movie. Not the easiest license to acquire, but still some possibility.

I feel another reason WWF would be quite expensive is due to Vince McMahon, who would be difficult to negotiate. He's just as protective with his company as Gene Simmons is with KISS.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
WWE is under a single license banner. They settled with world wildlife fund before launching the network. Everyone featured on the table is either in good standing with the company or their estates are. No issues whatsoever.

I'm so glad that we have a top WWE employee on the forum to sort everything out.

Thanks!

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I'm so glad that we have a top WWE employee on the forum to sort everything out.
Thanks!

To be honest, I think that is true though. For most wrestlers you'd be going through WWE and their "legends" contracts. WWE's also been pretty good about promoting their old stuff for nostalgia from what I see, so I doubt it would be a "nightmare".

Not being a nightmare says *nothing* about how expensive it would be, however. I imagine it would *not* be zero cost. If this required a Kickstarter as I imagine, IMHO there are more popular candidates to try at first.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
They settled with world wildlife fund before launching the network. Everyone featured on the table is either in good standing with the company or their estates are. No issues whatsoever
There's a big issue with your claim. The settlement was only for the scratch logo on their video archive.

According to PWInsider the WWE and WWF have reached a settlement that will allow the pro wrestling company to "use older archival material and footage with the WWF letters and the scratch logo."

The last time I checked the pinball machine is not part of their video archive.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
WHOOPS! lol

That's why I made my comment, because I knew the "No issues whatsoever" was complete nonsense.

I'm not going to argue with, i'm assuming, two grown men over a twenty year pinball table featuring the bushwhackers and the smoking gunns. let's get real here gentlemen. WWE could easily change the logo. they are on good terms with everyone on the table.

and for the record the WWE would change the logo for branding reasons. The main issues with the world wildlife fund were with the scratch logo. the classic WWF logo was not the issue otherwise it would not have been around on every piece of merchandise for twenty years. here's what the new old logo looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/i4Xrwfe.png

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Ultimate Warrior died recently too, RIP. This table would be a great addition to TPA, imagine how many new fans will be introduced to TPA with wrestling marketing etc.
------------
# of fans...that's a key point eh. That sure was a major factor in TAF kickstarter eh. That is a major factor in any kickstarter anyways. ;):D

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
# of fans...that's a key point eh. That sure was a major factor in TAF kickstarter eh. That is a major factor in any kickstarter anyways. ;):D

Based on Terminator 2's barely cleared Kickstarter, I think you kind of have to have a blowout type of table for guaranteed success. My "peanut gallery" guess: the only Data East table that would definitely make a reasonably priced Kickstarter would be Jurassic Park. *Maybe* Tommy or Tales From the Crypt might pull it off too (the later might not even need a Kickstarter, but let's assume). None of these are Addams Family huge though so the price has to be much more modest. WWF isn't even at either of these levels -- not that it's a bad pin or unpopular pin, it just isn't *huge*.

Having said this, ultimately it's a dollars and sense thing, and if WWE and Farsight can conjure up an offer neither company can refuse, it's a go, right? So WWE pin fans just need to find out what old school wrestlers are also pinball fans and could lean on the WWE office, then. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts