Rescue 911

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I really want this Pinball table badly, ASAP. So I need to know how many people want Rescue 911, I was talking to Bobby King and he said it's not popular enough to put this game on The Pinball Arcade. He said it could happen way down the road or may not happen at all, if we get more requests for it, then it might happen sooner or later. So if you want to see this Awesome Gottlieb/Premier game post on this thread please, here's a good video of this game playing, love the Helicopter and Sirens. http://youtu.be/Ey9fv2Yqdtw

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
It does well on the IPDB rankings too, at #99.

EDIT: It does much worse on Pinside's rankings, way way down at #260. (But Tee'd Off is #261, Harley Davidson (1999) is #268 and #297, and Victory is #284, so there's precedent.)

But certainly Stargate would be the top choice for a Gottlieb licensed table. And there's still Wipe Out, Gladiators, and World Challenge Soccer as unlicensed Gottlieb DMD tables.

I wouldn't be too shocked if there were no more Gottliebs at all though... in Season 5 or Season 6. I like Gottliebs better than I used to, but because of that Season 2 run (it's still hard to believe Farsight released six Gottliebs in a row!), they're still probably a little bit over-represented (among solid states) in TPA in terms of quality and importance.

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I got to play a rescue 911 and it didn't grab me - so not a good first impression but I'm sure it could grow on me. Now TX-sector - that is a really cool game with amazing sounds, breaks away from that gotlieb funkiness.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
They didn't know when or if they'd do High Speed a month or two before it arrived on TPA either. Just sayin.....

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Ok Dedpop, I'm with you Stargate first then Rescue 911. I also wouldn't mind seeing WaterWorld, I got to play the real thing at a Pinball show called freeplayflorida.com in Orlando, same with Stargate. Rescue 911 I played quite a bit in a Pool Hall not far from me, I went their 3 times a week just to play that game, now I can't find one and my computer can't handle Visual Pinball so I'm **** out of luck.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I expect that rescue 911 will be rolled within a week of release by using the standard multiball. with the help of the insta-catch (tm) flippers.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Can't remember if I've played R911, but I only hear good-ish things about it.

However of the remaining DMD Premiers, licensed or not, Stargate certainly gets my vote.

Not before Surf'N'Safari, though.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I'd imagine whenever Farsight turn their attention back to Gottliebs, this one will be one of the first they do. And we're fast running out of Williams DMDs, so it might be soon.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Can't remember if I've played R911, but I only hear good-ish things about it.

However of the remaining DMD Premiers, licensed or not, Stargate certainly gets my vote.

Not before Surf'N'Safari, though.

I agree that we should get an alphanumeric Gottlieb first, and SnS is the one I've been hoping for.

There are youtube videos of R911-seems to be a really cool table. The helicopter toy seems to make all the difference.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
btw how to roll rescue 911.

1) start multiball. you get it for free by selecting certain modes on the plunge.

2) trap one ball on upper right flipper, and one on lower left flipper.

3) shoot emergency room with upper right flipper (takes practice. :) )

4) shoot right ramp with lower left flipper. (easy shot)

5) trap both balls with Insta-Catch(tm) flippers.

6) return to step 3. yes it's doable in real life.

Sure TPA could tune the shot to emergency room from trap on upper right flipper to be impossible.. but that would be cheating, because it's NOT impossible in real life. it IS a very tight shot though.

Alternatively, tune it so you can't trap the ball. that's just as unrealistic. :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts