Roadshow and F-14 confirmed NOT to be coming

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Farsight received a list of tables from a fan requesting 10 tables. He asked for IJ (Williams), Road Show, Mousin Around, Cyclone, LotR, F-14, Hot Shots, Operation Thunder, karate Fight and Frankenstein.

TPA responded Cyclone is the only one they are considering on that list unless they ever hear back from Disney about Indiana Jones.
Another fan stated F-14 and Mousin Around were highly rquested.
Farsight admitted F-14 is but Mousin Around was "most definitely not highly requested"

Overall, it's not too disappointing, except for Road Show. LotR does not seem likely but I would have hoped they've at least reached out to see if it would be viable and it seems apparent they are not interested in doing it at all.

Maybe we will see F-14 and more importantly Red and Ted make an appearance in S4. Sorry for the bad news.

Ken_Clark

Dec 28, 2012
Totally SUCKS about roadshow...you'd think that since there isn't a license problem it'd be a top choice...what about Diner?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I have seen some posts for Diner. TPA has not responded to those posts. I think they did say that it was a great table and they'd like to do it at one point.

I think TPA definitely seems to be investing A LOT more time into Facebook. As bad as it is to sift through all the complainers (although some are legitimate complaints, but the same people make the same complaint every 3 hours) and trolls, I feel that we all can help steer the ship in the right direction by helping promote posts by others for tables we like, and post for tables we would like to see made. I am starting to contribute more with liking posts and occasionally voicing my opinion to promote the creation of tables.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I've been doing that for some time. FS is giving FB a lot of attention - that is why I'm still hoping to get Banzai Run this season...

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The two tables in the thread title were NOT confirmed to not be coming, just that they were not in FarSight's immediate plans. We already know the identities of half the tables in Season 3 and FarSight's response merely confirmed that the aforementioned tables will not be any of the five remaining unknown tables of Season 3...but Season 4...???

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The two tables in the thread title were NOT confirmed to not be coming, just that they were not in FarSight's immediate plans. We already know the identities of half the tables in Season 3 and FarSight's response merely confirmed that the aforementioned tables will not be any of the five remaining unknown tables of Season 3...but Season 4...???

Yeah, I hope they will consider those two for Season 4. The problem is they did not put the additional wording of "in the immediate future" or "in season 3". Nor was the question asking for them to be part of any specific season. They stated they are not being considered. So if they might be coming down the road, they sure threw a lot of doubt on it based on the wording they chose on Facebook.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I have seen some posts for Diner. TPA has not responded to those posts. I think they did say that it was a great table and they'd like to do it at one point.

I think TPA definitely seems to be investing A LOT more time into Facebook. As bad as it is to sift through all the complainers (although some are legitimate complaints, but the same people make the same complaint every 3 hours) and trolls, I feel that we all can help steer the ship in the right direction by helping promote posts by others for tables we like, and post for tables we would like to see made. I am starting to contribute more with liking posts and occasionally voicing my opinion to promote the creation of tables.

Speaking as someone who doesn't use facebook and blocks it in Firefox, thanks for your efforts, painful they may be. :cool:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
sorry but this is not bad news..this is not even news - just another speculation based only on the word "considering" about cyclone.

They were actually rather explicit in stating the tables mentioned were not under consideration at all right now. I would say there needs to be more efforts to change their mind unless you don't care about those particular tables.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Well, Diner seems like a shoe-in...though perhaps only among those die hard nostalgia, similar with RoadShow... Now that they're only doing 1 table a month, it could be a long wait for some of the most wanted tables. :(

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I do hope F-14 Tomcat and Red & Ted's Roadshow do end up getting considered (and built) in Season 4 if not soon enough for Season 3.

I used to communicate through Facebook a lot more, and I still read FarSight's comments there once in a while. But the whiny, entitled little trolls that frequent their page these days just became too exasperating for me. I found myself tempted to "feed" the trolls too often. I have too many other more important things in my life than to engage in some flame war with Cheeto McNeckbeard about why he shouldn't be in such an ALL-CAPS RAGE about what FarSight PROMISED him many months ago in an off-the-cuff Facebook comment, or why he probably doesn't actually have a better handle on FarSight's finances then, oh, I don't know, FarSight's executive team. Sheesh.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I do hope F-14 Tomcat and Red & Ted's Roadshow do end up getting considered (and built) in Season 4 if not soon enough for Season 3.

I used to communicate through Facebook a lot more, and I still read FarSight's comments there once in a while. But the whiny, entitled little trolls that frequent their page these days just became too exasperating for me. I found myself tempted to "feed" the trolls too often. I have too many other more important things in my life than to engage in some flame war with Cheeto McNeckbeard about why he shouldn't be in such an ALL-CAPS RAGE about what FarSight PROMISED him many months ago in an off-the-cuff Facebook comment, or why he probably doesn't actually have a better handle on FarSight's finances then, oh, I don't know, FarSight's executive team. Sheesh.

I have been critical of the choice of wording the Facebook rep has used. They have said some things that created some major issues ("free" reissue tables, creation process for reissues differing from what was said, release dates that didn't happen, etc. etc) but honestly they might have the toughest job in the company and the patience of a saint. I'm not sure if there are multiple people or different people doing it now than before but their answers have become more direct instead of doing their best to keep a positive outlook on feature/table requests and they occasionally have been responding with pretty snappy responses to some of the more annoying trolls. I probably would have drawn the line a long time before they did. In my line of work, I have to deal with BS all day so if I had to go on Facebook and respond to some of that nonsense, I would already be past my point of sitting idle and being polite.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
No F-14 is not a surprise. We've got and are still getting a lot of Steve Ritchie tables so some cutting had to be done. No Road Show for Season 3 is quite upsetting even though I know it's a mixture of FH and TZ. I like the fairly deep rules on RS as well and "Payday" is just awesome.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Totally SUCKS about roadshow...you'd think that since there isn't a license problem it'd be a top choice...

There is a license... Carlene Carter. The voicework she does on the pin is probably no problem. But unfortunately there's also a song license (Carter's "Every Little Thing" that plays during the multiball) and I think I've heard Farsight say the music licenses were the most difficult to work out.

I still imagine Road Show is a top choice, they may just be holding off on it for future seasons.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
The keywords are "right now". that doesn't mean that none of those other tables will be coming, but Cyclone will probably be the first.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
There is a license... Carlene Carter. The voicework she does on the pin is probably no problem. But unfortunately there's also a song license (Carter's "Every Little Thing" that plays during the multiball) and I think I've heard Farsight say the music licenses were the most difficult to work out.

I still imagine Road Show is a top choice, they may just be holding off on it for future seasons.

This. Roadshow is definitely one of the top requested tables. I think Farsight looked into it and decided that the cost of licensing the song sound wave mentioned was not worth it.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
This. Roadshow is definitely one of the top requested tables. I think Farsight looked into it and decided that the cost of licensing the song sound wave mentioned was not worth it.

I don't think so. The songs in CFTBL probably cost more then the one RS one. I think it'll be a Season 4 pin.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the songs in cftbl were covers i think.

those are cheaper than original recordings, which was what is in road show.

that said, them trying a kickstarter might work...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts