Roadshow and F-14 confirmed NOT to be coming

Dec 7, 2013
The issue with road show might be the buy in feature.

Apparently no matter how good you are you need to buy in to see the whole game.

I have only played Roadshow once very long ago and I don't remember anything about it I'm going off a Pat a Lawlor interview where he talks about that feature.

As for F-14. Hey. Gotta save something substantial for season 5 ;)

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Doesn't make much sense about RS. It's a license free Lawlor game that seems like a lot of people want (at least from the small sample size of TPAfans). F-14 is in the same boat, but with Steve Ritchie. Honestly I would rather see both of these before Black Rose, personal preference of course.

The issue with road show might be the buy in feature.

Apparently no matter how good you are you need to buy in to see the whole game.

I have only played Roadshow once very long ago and I don't remember anything about it I'm going off a Pat a Lawlor interview where he talks about that feature.

Not sure what Lawlor would be referring to. Super Payday is the wizard mode and you can definitely get their, even multiple times, without buying in. Maybe there is something I'm not aware of, but I've played a fair amount of RS and haven't something that requires buy in. Now I'm curious.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I don't think so. The songs in CFTBL probably cost more then the one RS one. I think it'll be a Season 4 pin.

They'll need a much wanted pin to start out each season to get people interested and sell the season passes. Road Show would certainly be a strong opener.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
As there are only 10 pins in Season 3 it's only natural that there will be some big omissions. Not to say they'll never come, though...

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
TPA also confirmed the following info on FB:
Dr. Who - slim to none on chances of ever being made
Robocop - slim this season
BttF - slim this season and mediocre
TMNT - they called it a great table but unlikely
Sorceror - "maybe" which was subsequently defined as more than a slim chance this season but definitely not guaranteed
RCT - according to Gary Stern they already did it but they can confirm they haven't and they would love to at some point.
Harlem Globetrotters - unlikely
Joust - maybe some day but not soon
Jurassic Park - probably not unless they get lucky and can make a good deal
TftC - not unlikely when/if they start doing Data East.
Goldeneye - too many [avenues to go down to get on TPA] at the moment but maybe some day.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
^^^ For those of us who are not locked into the titles of all the known pinball machines, is it possible to use the full names when noting FarSight's comments instead of the acronyms?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
^^^ For those of us who are not locked into the titles of all the known pinball machines, is it possible to use the full names when noting FarSight's comments instead of the acronyms?

Sure, tpa is the pinball arcade, aka farsight. Tftc is tales from the crypt, bttf is back to the future, rct is roller coaster tycoon, tmnt are the teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I used to affectionately call TMNT "Terrible Mind Numbing Trash" (zeroes in a halfshell). But I've seen video of it and it looks fine. In fact, the Jackpot insanity could possibly beat TAF for most loud thing in a machine! Also, I think it would tie in well, because the franchise is becoming more popular by the moment (2013 Nick reboot, many fans of the 80s cartoon) and it would bring in more people to TPA.

Dec 7, 2013
Not sure what Lawlor would be referring to. Super Payday is the wizard mode and you can definitely get their, even multiple times, without buying in. Maybe there is something I'm not aware of, but I've played a fair amount of RS and haven't something that requires buy in. Now I'm curious.

Here's the interview in case you were wondering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJS_wbDjs-o. He talks about it at 2:47 and again at 4 min 30 seconds in.

Maybe software was changed at the last minute, fearing backlash.

Last edited:

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Here's the interview in case you were wondering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJS_wbDjs-o. He talks about it at 2:47 and again at 4 min 30 seconds in.

Maybe software was changed at the last minute, fearing backlash.

I love those 90s promo videos! I think they were made for operators so my guess is that Lawlor is suggesting that people are more likely to buy in to see the wizard mode because of the cross country trip theme than on other games thereby giving incentive for ops to pick up the game in hopes that it will earn well. Or maybe you are right and they changed it, because a buy-in mandatory wizard mode would be sure to piss off a lot of people. It's interesting they don't include the daily high score feature in there, I always that was an quirky part of RS that could have increased coin drop when pinball on location was more popular.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I used to affectionately call TMNT "Terrible Mind Numbing Trash" (zeroes in a halfshell). But I've seen video of it and it looks fine. In fact, the Jackpot insanity could possibly beat TAF for most loud thing in a machine! Also, I think it would tie in well, because the franchise is becoming more popular by the moment (2013 Nick reboot, many fans of the 80s cartoon) and it would bring in more people to TPA.

There is one at my local arcade. Didn't like it. Terrible flow, nothing that interesting to shoot for (ramps right up the back of the playfield are too difficult to hit reliably). And the most grating end-of-ball sound ever. NINJA-NINJA! NINJA-NINJA! NINJA-NINJA!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts